3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
June 26, 2018, 1:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
There is one other huge possibility in regards to the feelgood factor a successful WC for England. I can guarantee should England make the semi finals the level of interest in football from kids nationally and locally will go through the roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Rasen 17
June 26, 2018, 1:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +38
Gold Stars: 2
because I live in the Midlands I get to more away games than home games, but would certainly buy a 6 or 8 match ticket in advance for home games. Also when tickets are limited and you need stubs there is no credit for supporting the club away. I was a season ticket holder when I lived locally. Town need to think about the exiles too!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
grimsby pete
June 26, 2018, 2:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Rasen 17
because I live in the Midlands I get to more away games than home games, but would certainly buy a 6 or 8 match ticket in advance for home games. Also when tickets are limited and you need stubs there is no credit for supporting the club away. I was a season ticket holder when I lived locally. Town need to think about the exiles too!

The club was talking about doing something like this a while back,

I have not heard anymore about it since,

Do any of the trust know anything ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
moosey_club
June 26, 2018, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from ska face
Don’t live in the area, but is anything different being done locally to promote season tickets?

All I’ve seen is the usual “secure your season ticket” tweets. I’ve not even had an email from the club, perhaps others have?

All seems to have gone quiet on that front, which is a shame given the feel good factor at the minute. They’d be as well printing posters and sticking them up in pubs that are heaving with football fans, have a pop-up stall in the market place at the weekend giving out info packs, every new signing should be filmed doing a 10 second clip telling fans to buy a ST. Convince the people that are 15-20 game a year attendees (lots of exiles), to make slightly bigger commitment.

You don’t need loads of offers and freebies, it doesn’t need to be all-singing, all-dancing. People are on the verge of committing all over, they just need a little push. Turn that trickle into a stream and it’ll soon be a flood.

FFS give them a break.... they have managed put them on sale already which is a new approach. Poor mites will already be exhausted coming up with that strategy.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
Cod Cheeks
June 26, 2018, 9:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
Son of Cod
June 27, 2018, 2:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Rasen 17

Yep. Down in London here, I'm probably about a 50/50 split between home and away games. Did about 20 in total last season. Any London/South East based fans have lost 3 fairly nearish away games in Wycombe, Luton and Barnet. I'd snap the club's hand off at a half season ticket with this in mind if it meant I was even getting a single game for free/cheaper. I can't justify a full season ticket being so far away as financially it would mean no away games, which I don't really want to sacrifice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now is the time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.