TAGG
June 12, 2018, 9:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Reddy

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
Nelly GTFC
June 12, 2018, 9:57pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 31
Boulding.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
barralad
June 12, 2018, 11:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Boulding...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
toontown
June 12, 2018, 11:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
boulding
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
Tommy
June 12, 2018, 11:55pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
"Quick Mick"

Really strong case for Reddy and Bogle though. Think Redds could've played higher if not for injuries, and Omar can probably play higher than L2 as well but hasn't shown it yet.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
diehardmariner
June 13, 2018, 8:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Very, very difficult one.

Boulding was incredible for a very short period for us in the Championship.  He came into a side that badly lacked pace but initially offered little else.  The Birmingham game on a Friday night where we won 3-1 was his, I suppose, breakout moment when he scored twice and they just couldn't handle him.  But from there he struggled to repeat that until the latter stages of the season under Groves when everything just clicked as a side.  He massively benefited from playing alongside Bradley Allen as someone who showed him where and when to run.  Another who aided his hot streak was Danny Butterfield in a midfield role, he set up an awful lot of chances for him with clever slide through balls to utilise his pace.   Never quite the same player when he came back, more clinical but not as deadly.  He was in a far poorer side too.

Reddy - Another who was awesome over a short period of time.  His first season was more or less a non-event, first four/five months of the second season he was a player quite clearly playing two levels below his natural standing.  Completely unplayable during that period but another who benefited from playing with a know-how strike partner in Gary Jones.  Injuries were a great shame and he's the one who I think could and should have played at a higher level consistently.

Bogle - Over a more sustained period and scored those goals at Wembley.  Best description I can give him is a precocious talent.  I think the strops and tantrums have been forgotten a little because of how good that run of form was before he left.  We missed his goals but I grew a little tired, probably more because of how Bignot set everything up, of it becoming the Bogle Show.  It was like we had Ronaldo for Real Madrid at one point where every pass had to go to him, he was on all free-kicks etc.  Surprised he hasn't done anything since he left us, especially in League One where I thought he would at least score goals.  

Reddy for me.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
RonMariner
June 13, 2018, 12:46pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,541
Gold Stars: 225
Phew.....too close to call.

But if I have to choose I think I'll go with Reddy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best team of the Fishy era: No. 9

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.