June 11, 2018, 9:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Sussexmariner
HATE IT....and I’ll telll you why

If I can give a little bit of comfort, it looked to me from a half-frame of that video, that there are black and white stripes on the back, that extend up to just below the number patch, like the play-off/16-17 shirt.  With red numbers will look very good, but of course stripes all the way up are better.  I think it will look OK in the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 90
Mighty_Mariner
June 11, 2018, 10:04pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I really like the away kit... Much different to what we've had in recent years.

I can only describe my feelings towards the home shirt as 'satisfied'... Going on the preview pics they've been releasing I was hoping it was going to be more 'retro' than than it actually is. I know there's not a great deal you can do with black and white stripes but I was hoping for a more 80's feel and commemorate the first Town strips a little more with it being the 140-year anniversary.

That being said, I prefer it to this year's effort but my favourite from the past few years is still 16/17.

They look like promotion-winning strips from where I'm sat 😀

#UTM

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 90
The_Laughing_Mariner
June 11, 2018, 10:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
why is the red shirt shorter than the black and white shirt?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 90
promotion plaice
June 11, 2018, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
why is the red shirt shorter than the black and white shirt?

Don't know.....go on then  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 90
arryarryarry
June 11, 2018, 10:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Love the red colour but wish it was all over, don't like the black sleeves.

As for the home, I hope there are some stripes somewhere on the back or as others have commented at times it could look like a plain white top, Never been a fan of different colours front and back.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 90
Tommy
June 11, 2018, 10:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
HATE IT....and I’ll telll you why

Why the Fuuck is our famous Black and white shirt all white on the back?

So when Town are attacking the Osmond, everyone in the Ponny can only see the home team in a white shirt and  black shorts ie Port Vale? Hereford? And any numinous other clubs who play in boring white  shirts. I won’t be buying one this season, desperately wanted to but I don’t want to walk down Crawley high st and someone behind me thinking I’m a spurs fan.

And while I’m on a rant, why can’t we play in our black and white shirts for our away games unless they clash?  

The home shirt looks great from the front by the way!

If it's that much of a clash the referee would have the same problem, so I'm sure the away team will have to play in their away kit. So don't expect that to be an issue.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 90
Sussexmariner
June 11, 2018, 11:13pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from Tommy

If it's that much of a clash the referee would have the same problem, so I'm sure the away team will have to play in their away kit. So don't expect that to be an issue.

You miss the point

it’s not about Town “clashing” with other teams at home, I do not want to see my club play in a white shirt for a home fixture, they play in black and white stripes,  end off

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 90
Mighty_Mariner
June 11, 2018, 11:19pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237

You miss the point

it’s not about Town “clashing” with other teams at home, I do not want to see my club play in a white shirt for a home fixture, they play in black and white stripes,  end off

You won't see us playing in a white shirt though will you... You'll see us in a traditional, black and white striped shirt, with the addition of a white section on the back. End of!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 90
ginnywings
June 11, 2018, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
It's a black and white striped football shirt, same as every other season. I don't get all the build up and people's fascination with them myself. Ridiculously over priced as well.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 90
GTFCH
June 11, 2018, 11:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
With regard to the all white back of the home shirt I believe the EFL have a ruling in place for this season that all shirt numbers must be printed onto a mono chromed section of the back of the shirt; I.e. not stripes or hoops. I.e. The club has its hands tied regarding this part of the design.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 90
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › NEW SHIRT LAUNCHED

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.