Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, June 11, 2018, 8:04pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oslElZ9ORA
Posted by: Hagrid, June 11, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 1
Love the home! Hate the away
Posted by: sutton mariner, June 11, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 2
I think the away is real smart
Posted by: hheh2, June 11, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 3
Think both look amazing better than last years. No third?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, June 11, 2018, 8:35pm; Reply: 4
I love both 😩 looks like am paying £80 for both
Posted by: moosey_club, June 11, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 5
quite like the home, numbers will be easy to pick out on that plain white back...away kit looks more like a training top at first glance....might be a grower but not totally enthused for now
Posted by: OllieGTFC, June 11, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 6
Just thought don’t Morecambe play in red and black ?
Posted by: Rick12, June 11, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 7
Old school. Like it though
Posted by: LH, June 11, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 8
I thought Morecambe the first time I saw that away shirt. Home shirt is very smart though. Red numbers please Town!
Posted by: psgmariner, June 11, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 9
Home shirt is dreamy....
Posted by: denni266, June 11, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 10
not keen on the away kit
Posted by: Gtfc8279, June 11, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
I thought Morecambe the first time I saw that away shirt. Home shirt is very smart though. Red numbers please Town!

Anyone for Rotherham?
Posted by: psgmariner, June 11, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 12
Me neither but the home kit is good enough for me to overlook that.
Posted by: immariner, June 11, 2018, 9:19pm; Reply: 13
Looking at the pictures here, I'd say the change shirt looks more smart off the hanger than the home.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/june/1819-home--away-shirts-revealed/

Both smart. Love the detailing on the home but feels like it's missing a black stripe or two (nit picking). Love red for the change kit. It's a significant part of our identity and even if it can't be the main colour for our change kit every year, I would like to see it for most, personally.
Posted by: newarkmariner, June 11, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 14
well a week today I'm the big 50 and I want both please,simply simply lovely
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 11, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 15
HATE IT....and I’ll telll you why

Why the Fuuck is our famous Black and white shirt all white on the back?

So when Town are attacking the Osmond, everyone in the Ponny can only see the home team in a white shirt and  black shorts ie Port Vale? Hereford? And any numinous other clubs who play in boring white  shirts. I won’t be buying one this season, desperately wanted to but I don’t want to walk down Crawley high st and someone behind me thinking I’m a spurs fan.

And while I’m on a rant, why can’t we play in our black and white shirts for our away games unless they clash?  

The home shirt looks great from the front by the way!
Posted by: marinerrick, June 11, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 16
They may look better closer up but I'm not instantly impressed with the home. Quite like the away.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, June 11, 2018, 9:30pm; Reply: 17
I prefer the home kit, which will be even better if we have the (correct) red numbers.

Intrigued that they referred to a third kit, which we haven't yet seen.  Would be good to see a variation on the blue (maybe some thin white horizontal stripes as an homage to Grimsby Pelham?) or even a return to the yellow and red combo from the early 90s.  Always good to have a pair of white shorts and socks in there in case we need to go "Full Juve" when playing away (Maybe Cambridge or Morecambe).
Posted by: immariner, June 11, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Sussexmariner

So when Town are attacking the Osmond, everyone in the Ponny can only see the home team in a white shirt and  black shorts ie Port Vale? Hereford? And any numinous other clubs who play in boring white  shirts. I won’t be buying one this season, desperately wanted to but I don’t want to walk down Crawley high st and someone behind me thinking I’m a spurs fan.

And while I’m on a rant, why can’t we play in our black and white shirts for our away games unless they clash?  

Have to agree. If we can't have full stripes and have to have a block-coloured back, would prefer it black. Red names and numbers is a must either way.
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 11, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 19

Like them both.

Don't ST holders get 20% off until a certain date ?
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, June 11, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 20

If I can give a little bit of comfort, it looked to me from a half-frame of that video, that there are black and white stripes on the back, that extend up to just below the number patch, like the play-off/16-17 shirt.  With red numbers will look very good, but of course stripes all the way up are better.  I think it will look OK in the end.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 11, 2018, 10:04pm; Reply: 21
I really like the away kit... Much different to what we've had in recent years.

I can only describe my feelings towards the home shirt as 'satisfied'... Going on the preview pics they've been releasing I was hoping it was going to be more 'retro' than than it actually is. I know there's not a great deal you can do with black and white stripes but I was hoping for a more 80's feel and commemorate the first Town strips a little more with it being the 140-year anniversary.

That being said, I prefer it to this year's effort but my favourite from the past few years is still 16/17.

They look like promotion-winning strips from where I'm sat 😀

#UTM
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, June 11, 2018, 10:04pm; Reply: 22
why is the red shirt shorter than the black and white shirt?
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 11, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 23
why is the red shirt shorter than the black and white shirt?

Don't know.....go on then   :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 11, 2018, 10:24pm; Reply: 24
Love the red colour but wish it was all over, don't like the black sleeves.

As for the home, I hope there are some stripes somewhere on the back or as others have commented at times it could look like a plain white top, Never been a fan of different colours front and back.
Posted by: Tommy, June 11, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 25

If it's that much of a clash the referee would have the same problem, so I'm sure the away team will have to play in their away kit. So don't expect that to be an issue.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 11, 2018, 11:13pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Tommy

If it's that much of a clash the referee would have the same problem, so I'm sure the away team will have to play in their away kit. So don't expect that to be an issue.

You miss the point

it’s not about Town “clashing” with other teams at home, I do not want to see my club play in a white shirt for a home fixture, they play in black and white stripes,  end off
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 11, 2018, 11:19pm; Reply: 27

You miss the point

it’s not about Town “clashing” with other teams at home, I do not want to see my club play in a white shirt for a home fixture, they play in black and white stripes,  end off

You won't see us playing in a white shirt though will you... You'll see us in a traditional, black and white striped shirt, with the addition of a white section on the back. End of!
Posted by: ginnywings, June 11, 2018, 11:20pm; Reply: 28
It's a black and white striped football shirt, same as every other season. I don't get all the build up and people's fascination with them myself. Ridiculously over priced as well.  :-/
Posted by: GTFCH, June 11, 2018, 11:26pm; Reply: 29
With regard to the all white back of the home shirt I believe the EFL have a ruling in place for this season that all shirt numbers must be printed onto a mono chromed section of the back of the shirt; I.e. not stripes or hoops. I.e. The club has its hands tied regarding this part of the design.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 11, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GTFCH
With regard to the all white back of the home shirt I believe the EFL have a ruling in place for this season that all shirt numbers must be printed onto a mono chromed section of the back of the shirt; I.e. not stripes or hoops. I.e. The club has its hands tied regarding this part of the design.

“A section” of the shirt not the entire back of the shirt
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 11, 2018, 11:46pm; Reply: 31
Hmmm. Not sure about either.

Would have preferred the 140 years to be on the outside and visible to non-Town fans.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 12, 2018, 6:46am; Reply: 32
Interesting choice to have the 'super fans' modelling the new kits as opposed to players or models!

I am interested in the comment about the away and 3rd kits being made of different materials?
Posted by: mariner83, June 12, 2018, 7:48am; Reply: 33
Quoted from promotion plaice

Like them both.

Don't ST holders get 20% off until a certain date ?

Depending on when they were bought should have a voucher for £20 or £10 off.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 12, 2018, 9:50am; Reply: 34

“A section” of the shirt not the entire back of the shirt

There’s stripes at the bottom on the back mate, there’s a picture on Twitter or the telegraph or somewhere.

Can someone clarify what discounts are available? I’ve seen £10, £20, 10%, 20% from season tickets or the telegraph.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, June 12, 2018, 10:25am; Reply: 35
How much would it be for the full kit for a 5 year old ?
Posted by: Sussexmariner, June 12, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 36
I’ll revise my opinion of the new shirt after seeing some new pictures today in the G.E.T

Instead of sitting in the pontoon and watching Town attack the Osmond will be like watch any white shirted team I’ll change it to anyone sitting in the main stand or findus will be like watching any white shirted team.

No stripes down either side, shirt still looks great from the front though!
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 12, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Cloudy
Interesting choice to have the 'super fans' modelling the new kits as opposed to players or models!

I am interested in the comment about the away and 3rd kits being made of different materials?

"Super fans"?
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 12, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 38
I’ll revise my opinion of the new shirt after seeing some new pictures today in the G.E.T

Instead of sitting in the pontoon and watching Town attack the Osmond will be like watch any white shirted team I’ll change it to anyone sitting in the main stand or findus will be like watching any white shirted team.

No stripes down either side, shirt still looks great from the front though!

I would have preferred a stripe down the side rather than that grey section that looks like under arm sweat. :-/
Posted by: Dan, June 12, 2018, 12:28pm; Reply: 39
[IMG]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article1663777.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/GR20180609A-441_NJPG.jpg[/IMG]

I particularly like the sweaty armpits look they added to the design.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 12, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from arryarryarry

"Super fans"?

I assume you were not invited?
Posted by: Skrill, June 12, 2018, 12:57pm; Reply: 41
They both look classy, still we don't know what the shorts or socks look like yet
Posted by: moosey_club, June 12, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Dan
[IMG]https://i2-prod.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article1663777.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/GR20180609A-441_NJPG.jpg[/IMG]

amazing how the two fella's have exactly the same sweat patterns too...(Confused)

and a bit like the blue kit from last season, that special effect that gives the shirt a pot belly look as well.....clever stuff.
Posted by: StickfordMariner, June 12, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 43
I like the short haired one modelling the red away kit if that helps  :-/
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 12, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Cloudy

Clearly not, I must not be licking the right arses.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 12, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from arryarryarry

Clearly not, I must not be licking the right arses.

Me neither
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 12, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Cloudy

Would like to know why I wasn’t.

I tick all the box’s.    

Short
Bald
Middle aged
Beer gut.

FFS What more do they want ??

I’d get Stan Collymore to investigate but I’m white European so I guess he wouldn’t give a sh1t 😉
Posted by: Hannilowe, June 12, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 47
wouldn't mind having the old chocolate brown and sky blue quarters as a third kit, who's with me?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 12, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Hannilowe
wouldn't mind having the old chocolate brown and sky blue quarters as a third kit, who's with me?

Or the thin blue hoops. Play up Pelham!
Posted by: ginnywings, June 12, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Dan

One of these men is my cousin. About as close as i got to an invite.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 13, 2018, 6:42am; Reply: 50
Quoted from ginnywings

One of these men is my cousin. About as close as i got to an invite.

You not in the super fan bracket either then? Maybe you have been too critical too ;)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, June 13, 2018, 8:17am; Reply: 51
My ex cousin in law was in the group too
Posted by: Abdul19, June 13, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 52
Big fan of the away. Think we had a similar one c.1990?
Posted by: Tommy, June 13, 2018, 9:46am; Reply: 53
Anyone any idea what the third kit is going to be?
Posted by: ginnywings, June 13, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 54
Quoted from Cloudy

You not in the super fan bracket either then? Maybe you have been too critical too ;)

Yeah, probably.

We are loyal fans though, and the criticism comes from caring.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 13, 2018, 10:15am; Reply: 55
There are only so many designs you can have with a black and white stripe shirt so its ok by me,

I do like the away shirt so if Luna like it too that will cost me when we come up in August. :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 14, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, probably.

We are loyal fans though, and the criticism comes from caring.

That's what I said to my then wife.
Posted by: 140348 (Guest), June 15, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Tommy
Anyone any idea what the third kit is going to be?

Purple :)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 15, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 58
Not a fan of that purple kit, love the home and the away though
Posted by: newarkmariner, June 15, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 59
purple shirt,simply simply stunning
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 15, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from newarkmariner
purple shirt,simply simply stunning

This!!
Posted by: Bigdog, June 15, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 61
Home kit the best in years..

Away kit with the unnecessary shading a bit meh tbh..

Third kit excellent..
Posted by: hheh2, June 15, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 62
Third kit

[img]https://i.imgur.com/cKrllrd.jpg[/img]
Posted by: petethemariner, June 15, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 63
IMO that third kit shirt is absolutely brilliant, i reckon it will be a far bigger seller than, the red second strip shirt, which is fine, but a distant second best to the purple one as far as I'm concerned, that looks like one of the best  GTFC have ever had.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 15, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 64
The purple's alright but the stripes bits are gross.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 15, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 65
Once I saw it a couple of weeks ago, I was impressed. Think this will be a big seller.

Well done all those involved
Posted by: moosey_club, June 16, 2018, 12:29am; Reply: 66
its a bit "rugby" though isnt it ?
Posted by: Cloudy, June 16, 2018, 8:14am; Reply: 67
Those hoops on the 3rd shirt arent going to do the fat lads vision much good!
I think its awful, unless you want a rugby league shirt but each to their own
Posted by: sam gy, June 16, 2018, 9:59am; Reply: 68
Shades of Fiorentina with the purple one!
Posted by: Poojah, June 16, 2018, 10:19am; Reply: 69
Actual shot of the third kit (and ‘keeper shirt) here:

[img]https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/siteassets/general-images/kit-201819/club_shop.png/Large[/img]

Three decent looking shirts there for me, the retro hone one in particular. I think Errea have done alright for us over the years, a lot more interesting than the generic Adidas and Nike templates that even the top clubs seem to have these days.
Posted by: Kris2, June 16, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 70
I actually quite like the purple kit. I get a little bored of generic samey kits and the same old colours. I usually buy a home shirt every few years and make a decision each season on the away one if I like it. Might have to pop in and get one.
Posted by: rancido, June 19, 2018, 6:37am; Reply: 71
I liked the away strips so much I've bought them both. I explained to " her indoors " that it was an investment using some of my PPI refund to get them !!!
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 19, 2018, 7:53am; Reply: 72
If any wants to have a moan about any of our designs, try and have a look at the ones for the MK Dons franchise scum.

They will make your eyes bleed, so horrendous (not tech savvy so can’t post link).
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 19, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 73

Some Lincoln fans not too happy with their new home shirt   ;D

https://staceywest.net/2018/06/19/can-we-cancel-a-pre-order-reaction-to-the-imps-home-kit-unveil/
Posted by: moosey_club, June 19, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 74
that Lincoln shirt is fking awful ... haha .... looks like a cheap Spanish street market copy of their own shirt
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 19, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from moosey_club
that Lincoln shirt is fking awful ... haha

Where's that Lincoln troll when you want him   ;)

Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 19, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from promotion plaice

Oh my good God. My eyes, MY EYES.
Posted by: LH, June 19, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 77
Errea don’t officially have a favourite Lincolnshire club they manufacture for but it’s pretty obvious who it is.
Posted by: Poojah, June 19, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from LH
Errea don’t officially have a favourite Lincolnshire club they manufacture for but it’s pretty obvious who it is.

Looking at what they’ve churned out for Lincoln and Franchise Scum you can’t help but feel we’ve done quite well with our three.
Posted by: hheh2, June 19, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 79
Errea are gtfc fans :)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 19, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 80
Did Danny and Nicky design that shirt ?
Posted by: Townee82, June 20, 2018, 6:09am; Reply: 81
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Did Danny and Nicky design that shirt ?

No it was Barry and Paul .
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 20, 2018, 6:41am; Reply: 82
Quoted from Townee82

No it was Barry and Paul .

(lol)(lol)
Posted by: pizzzza, June 20, 2018, 7:03am; Reply: 83
Is that asbestos they can do?
Posted by: Meza, June 20, 2018, 7:40am; Reply: 84
Love the sponsor although it should be either wesuk or usuk lol.  Awful kit.
Posted by: mariner83, June 20, 2018, 9:44am; Reply: 85
Quoted from LH

[tweet]1007902847252549632[/tweet]
Posted by: sam gy, June 20, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 86
Streaky bacon for Lincoln!
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, June 20, 2018, 10:30am; Reply: 87
Certainly not my cup of tea, My 8 year old thinks its great though.
Posted by: rancido, June 20, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Oh my good God. My eyes, MY EYES.

Imagine all those spots on Fatty Rheads shirt !!!!!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 20, 2018, 6:55pm; Reply: 89
That Lincoln shirt looks like a Kwik Save bag
Posted by: moosey_club, June 20, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from AdamHaddock
That Lincoln shirt looks like a Kwik Save bag

;D

i was thinking it reminded me of something...
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:21pm