1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
RonMariner
May 6, 2018, 3:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
Two years ago, when Chesterfield signed Jon Nolan they gloated about how good it was to take talent from tin pot clubs like ours. Then, when Hartlepool signed Amond and Toto shortly afterwards their fans were labelling us as their feeder club.

Well I hope that next season, when these two giants of the game meet in the Conference, fans of both sides can get together and reflect on how lucky they are not to be a tin pot feeder club like Grimsby.

I am not normally given to gloating, but on this occasion I will make an exception.

I hope they have many happy years together in the Conference.

Logged Offline
Private Message
GtfcGarner
May 6, 2018, 3:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
RonMariner
May 7, 2018, 12:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
As we are their feeder club, there might be a couple of members of the existing squad they can take off our hands........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Ipswin
May 7, 2018, 4:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Won't bring Nolan or Amond back unfortunately!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
GYinScuntland
May 7, 2018, 8:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from RonMariner
Two years ago, when Chesterfield signed Jon Nolan they gloated about how good it was to take talent from tin pot clubs like ours. Then, when Hartlepool signed Amond and Toto shortly afterwards their fans were labelling us as their feeder club.

Well I hope that next season, when these two giants of the game meet in the Conference, fans of both sides can get together and reflect on how lucky they are not to be a tin pot feeder club like Grimsby.

I am not normally given to gloating, but on this occasion I will make an exception.

I totally get where you're coming from regarding some of their fans on forums but for me the loss of those two clubs is a shame.
I've had many, many, many excellent away days at those places over the last five decades.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Limerick Mariner
May 7, 2018, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from RonMariner

Hadn't spotted that bit of double karma...however that the inability to retain those players is a reflection of the mis-management at GTFC. Some of that may be down to Hurst - don't know what went on. All I can say is that, IMHO, from the moment we were promoted the club started the feck up...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Karma

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.