Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RonMariner, May 6, 2018, 3:35pm
Two years ago, when Chesterfield signed Jon Nolan they gloated about how good it was to take talent from tin pot clubs like ours. Then, when Hartlepool signed Amond and Toto shortly afterwards their fans were labelling us as their feeder club.

Well I hope that next season, when these two giants of the game meet in the Conference, fans of both sides can get together and reflect on how lucky they are not to be a tin pot feeder club like Grimsby.

I am not normally given to gloating, but on this occasion I will make an exception.

I hope they have many happy years together in the Conference.

Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 6, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 1
;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: RonMariner, May 7, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 2
As we are their feeder club, there might be a couple of members of the existing squad they can take off our hands........
Posted by: Ipswin, May 7, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 3
Won't bring Nolan or Amond back unfortunately!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 7, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RonMariner
Two years ago, when Chesterfield signed Jon Nolan they gloated about how good it was to take talent from tin pot clubs like ours. Then, when Hartlepool signed Amond and Toto shortly afterwards their fans were labelling us as their feeder club.

Well I hope that next season, when these two giants of the game meet in the Conference, fans of both sides can get together and reflect on how lucky they are not to be a tin pot feeder club like Grimsby.

I am not normally given to gloating, but on this occasion I will make an exception.

I totally get where you're coming from regarding some of their fans on forums but for me the loss of those two clubs is a shame.
I've had many, many, many excellent away days at those places over the last five decades.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 7, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from RonMariner

Hadn't spotted that bit of double karma...however that the inability to retain those players is a reflection of the mis-management at GTFC. Some of that may be down to Hurst - don't know what went on. All I can say is that, IMHO, from the moment we were promoted the club started the feck up...

Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 12:24am