dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2018, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from lukeo

We the fans need to support this and buy ST (if you can afford to etc) I don't like to defend anyone on the board but why would they chuck loads of money at him if the fans are totally against them/him (the board not MJ) but  I agree I think he should be given as much assensibily possible

If i see commitment from the board I'll commit to spending a few more quid within the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2018, 11:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
MJ will take us forward whether it's out of L2 or not remains to be seen, I have seen some posts mentioning Saint Danny but lets not lose sight of when he joined Lincoln they did have a good secured funding stream for the level they sat at I'm not sure that MJ will have the same in relative terms and he'll have to trade to improve the side.

What is evident though is that he is a good planner and yesterday's performance told us that as we kept the ball down and did not try and hoof it against a tall and physical team. He's also worked at a club, Burnley which has been built properly and has proper culture and values if he replicates some of that within GTFC it would mean great foundations and stability which is what we desperately need.

Most of all for me "he gets it" he understands what he needs to do and how much GTFC means to it's supporters, most of the people who have been in the hot seat have never understood that. He appears to want to unite and engage the support which is IMHO top of his "to do" list as if he can land that we'll start to do some really smart stuff.

Overall my initial opinion of him is that he's a right clever fornicator who's bring clarity and intelligence to the job and move us forward.

I for one am starting to feel the feel good factor!

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
April 29, 2018, 1:23pm
Guest User
Massively impressed with MJ. Has performed miracles with what he had at his disposal. He's a good bloke, speaks well and deserves a proper contract. I have been critical of John Fenty and the board but credit where it is due, they took their time and I have no doubt we have the right man in charge. Credit as well to Nathan Clarke who I have slated, he has been magnificent the last six weeks or so and has led by example. Very proud of the players and grateful for their efforts. I have absolute faith in Michael Jolley.

Just hope John Fenty can find a way to leave the club in the near future, with thanks for his efforts.
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Put our trust in him

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.