3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2018, 5:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Back him in the summer let him restructure the club from top to bottom, let him rid the deadwood throughout and build us up .. anyone who can make this lot get a few points needs full control
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
April 28, 2018, 5:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agree. Root and branch.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
LondonMariner43
April 28, 2018, 5:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
9 games, 12 points.

Unbeaten at home

Only defeats were away against teams in top 7.

Plus, built a relationship with the fans that very few managers have done in recent years.

Let’s hope he can build on this!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
grimsby pete
April 28, 2018, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
3 or 4 year contract do it now board he deserves it.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
99agrant
April 28, 2018, 5:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
Exactly give him a proper contract not the 6 months rubbish. He has worked miracles with the squad Slade left him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 28, 2018, 5:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Back him in the summer let him restructure the club from top to bottom, let him rid the deadwood throughout and build us up .. anyone who can make this lot get a few points needs full control

Deadwood as in buying the board out?

Well done that man though. Just imagine what could've happened if we'd have got rid of slade sooner!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
geir
April 28, 2018, 5:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

JOY, JOY, JOY!

I have a lot of love for Michael Jolley.
Seeing what he has done with this team since taking over, I will be really excited to see what he can do with a team more of his choosing.
I believe that he is the man responsible for us staying in League Two and will give him a lot of time to build what he wants. Hell, if he need all of the next season to restructure, you are welcome, Sir Jolley!

UP the Mariners!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
hampshiremariner
April 28, 2018, 5:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,051
Gold Stars: 35
So happy tonight. The manager has done brilliantly to get us out of a real mess. In our house we have Grimsby Town moments which are usually associated with bad things happening out of the blue or just bad luck. It goes back to 2006, when we conceded in the last minute which meant we missed automatic promotion and went to the play-offs. Today we had a Grimsby Town moment that will live in the memory for the rest of my life! I was looking at the BBC website and had accepted the fact that next week we would need a result at Village Green.Then looked at the score again and a TWO had gone up against our name!! Could not believe it. Thank you, thank you. Miracles do happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2018, 5:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
This is our Cowley moment I hate mentioning them gimps but we need to secure him and for once gamble on giving him a decent contract. His methods are modern his attitude is dynamic and his managerial style commands respect all that came from a gtfc player I know ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2018, 5:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Deadwood as in buying the board out?

Well done that man though. Just imagine what could've happened if we'd have got rid of slade sooner!

Whoever the board is needs to back him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
petethemariner
April 28, 2018, 5:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Absolutely brilliant what MJ has done with a squad Sladeball had completely demoralised, if we allow him the budget he needs , we hi will be up there at the end of next season.
Well done MJ and.especially well done players!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
NorthseaMariner
April 28, 2018, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
After the way the players played today, in fact recent games, makes me think they are nowhere as bad as I believed and perhaps it was more how they where made to play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
hampshiremariner
April 28, 2018, 7:15pm
Snakebite drinker
This is our Cowley moment I hate mentioning them gimps but we need to secure him and for once gamble on giving him a decent contract. His methods are modern his attitude is dynamic and his managerial style commands respect all that came from a gtfc player I know ..

Agree with you, 100% about Cowley. Very impressive young man who lives and breathes the game. But, I think he is destined for higher status. He is a rare commodity, an English manger with foresight and I would be surprised if Cowley did not manage in the Premiership. Michael Jolley could become our own Cowley. He is very intelligent, knows the game and is clearly a good coach. Has an excellent CV and only lacks experience at the moment. What he has done with this group of players is outstanding. We were in our knees and did not know where our next goal was coming from, let alone point. Jolley makes Slade look a dinosaur and, as someone else has said, if they had got rid of Slade sooner who knows? What went on in the club in the background I have now idea, but we were in freewill and thank God we have avoided the awful, terrible Conference for a second time,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 28, 2018, 8:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from hampshiremariner

Agree with you, 100% about Cowley. Very impressive young man who lives and breathes the game. But, I think he is destined for higher status. He is a rare commodity, an English manger with foresight and I would be surprised if Cowley did not manage in the Premiership. Michael Jolley could become our own Cowley. He is very intelligent, knows the game and is clearly a good coach. Has an excellent CV and only lacks experience at the moment. What he has done with this group of players is outstanding. We were in our knees and did not know where our next goal was coming from, let alone point. Jolley makes Slade look a dinosaur and, as someone else has said, if they had got rid of Slade sooner who knows? What went on in the club in the background I have now idea, but we were in freewill and thank God we have avoided the awful, terrible Conference for a second time,

Personally I think Cowley is a percentage manager who couldn't cope with high level football but really suited to low level football. Don't get me wrong I think they will probably go up this season but the next jump will be the last for Lincoln anyway. Having said that I still think the brothers might get a chance in the championship but I don't the success will follow quite as easily
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
hampshiremariner
April 28, 2018, 9:07pm
Snakebite drinker
I suppose time will tell. But Cowley has done a great job at Lincoln. You look at clubs such as Tranmere and Wrexham who just cannot get out of that wretched league (Tranmere still have a chance this year) and then see the stupendous season Lincoln had last year it suggests there is a lot about Cowley. York and Stockport have almost disappeared from sight (Unibond?) so I don't want Grimsby, an established club with a proud, proud history, to be anywhere the relegation places. We should be L1 at least and how i had appreciated more the years we had in the Championship punching above our weight and giving a bloody nose to a lot of good teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Skrill
April 28, 2018, 9:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Which is funny, because Cowley left a better team at the time when he went to Lincoln

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
bluebottle
April 29, 2018, 7:37am

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +459
Hope the new owner will extend his contract and give him a substantial war chest to work with. Then aim for the top of the league and beyond. Championship in five years anyone?.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2018, 7:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from bluebottle
Hope the new owner will extend his contract and give him a substantial war chest to work with. Then aim for the top of the league and beyond. Championship in five years anyone?.

Well at least the rumours about working for free we’re nonsense we are actually paying him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
lukeo
April 29, 2018, 9:03am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,355
Gold Stars: 143

We the fans need to support this and buy ST (if you can afford to etc) I don't like to defend anyone on the board but why would they chuck loads of money at him if the fans are totally against them/him (the board not MJ) but  I agree I think he should be given as much assensibily possible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
RonMariner
April 29, 2018, 9:09am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
let's back him too.

How do we organise another Operation promotion?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
dapperz fun pub
April 29, 2018, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

We the fans need to support this and buy ST (if you can afford to etc) I don't like to defend anyone on the board but why would they chuck loads of money at him if the fans are totally against them/him (the board not MJ) but  I agree I think he should be given as much assensibily possible

If i see commitment from the board I'll commit to spending a few more quid within the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 29, 2018, 11:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
MJ will take us forward whether it's out of L2 or not remains to be seen, I have seen some posts mentioning Saint Danny but lets not lose sight of when he joined Lincoln they did have a good secured funding stream for the level they sat at I'm not sure that MJ will have the same in relative terms and he'll have to trade to improve the side.

What is evident though is that he is a good planner and yesterday's performance told us that as we kept the ball down and did not try and hoof it against a tall and physical team. He's also worked at a club, Burnley which has been built properly and has proper culture and values if he replicates some of that within GTFC it would mean great foundations and stability which is what we desperately need.

Most of all for me "he gets it" he understands what he needs to do and how much GTFC means to it's supporters, most of the people who have been in the hot seat have never understood that. He appears to want to unite and engage the support which is IMHO top of his "to do" list as if he can land that we'll start to do some really smart stuff.

Overall my initial opinion of him is that he's a right clever fornicator who's bring clarity and intelligence to the job and move us forward.

I for one am starting to feel the feel good factor!

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
April 29, 2018, 1:23pm
Guest User
Massively impressed with MJ. Has performed miracles with what he had at his disposal. He's a good bloke, speaks well and deserves a proper contract. I have been critical of John Fenty and the board but credit where it is due, they took their time and I have no doubt we have the right man in charge. Credit as well to Nathan Clarke who I have slated, he has been magnificent the last six weeks or so and has led by example. Very proud of the players and grateful for their efforts. I have absolute faith in Michael Jolley.

Just hope John Fenty can find a way to leave the club in the near future, with thanks for his efforts.
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Put our trust in him

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.