AussieMariner
April 25, 2018, 9:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from 120790
It is now officially squeaky bottom time.

A two game shoot out between Grimsby and Barnet to see who stays up and who gets relegated.

On paper Barnet have two very winnable games against Morecambe who are now safe but have struggled, and Chesterfield who are dead and buried.

We have a very tough game against Notts County who are still in a two game hunt for an automatic promotion place. Followed by a tough trip to Forest Green Rovers who are unbeaten in the last three and now riding happily in the knowledge that their Football League status is assured for next season.

I am hoping that Barnet slip up and make it fait accompli because having to go and get two points from the last two games makes me very nervous indeed. I have maintained all along that we stay up as there are two worse teams than us, below us. But the final crux of the matter now approaches and it feels more and more like that horrible day at Burton Albion all of the time and I am dreading it.

MJ has done a terrific job of stopping the rot, getting into the players brains and bringing back a fighting spirit. But the form of the overall season makes me very nervous. It is squeaky bottom time.

Morecambe not safe at all - if they lose to Barnet and at Coventry we only need one point to send them down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
ska face
April 25, 2018, 9:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Cut him some slack, it can’t be easy reading the league tables with your head lodged up Paul Hurst’s sphincter.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squeaky Bottom Time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.