2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 10, 2018, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Another positive is that, unlike his compatriot and predecessor but two, he doesn't say 'us' when he means 'we'  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 17
sydney
April 10, 2018, 11:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Not one for lip service which I have been worried about from MJ and have stated, but must admit to liking the last paragraph on latest statement mate.
A win on Sat MJ and we can all enjoy the last three games and I will endorse all of your speeches to one and all he he
This game sat is the big one we all know

the obvious improvements you have made to the players confidence, self belief in their ability and seemingly fitness and desire I applaud and for the first time in a long while I dare to hope we can survive this horrendous season
MJ in charge for div 2 all Summer with his and fresh ideas could be something to behold
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 17
geir
April 10, 2018, 11:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9

I have a lot of man-love for Mr. Jolley.

Actually, I never told this before, but I wished him luck with his appointment through is Facebook- account and I got a long and personal reply back. Never demanded a reply, but got one from him. Stand up guy indeed!

Now, I think these things rarely happens to Manure or other Premiershit-fans: a personal reply from their manager! Sometimes it is excellent to be a Grimsby-fan and more so with what looks like a splendid manager in charge of proceedings!

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 17
April 11, 2018, 5:46am
Guest User
Very impressive again from MJ - when he mentions the 'mental compromises you have to make as a Grimsby Town fan' it shows he understands
the issues very many fans have with JF/Board. So not 'the usual stuff' for me.

Tbh I can't see how he's put a foot wrong.
He's walked into the epicentre of negativity which GTFC is, realised the limitations of the squad, and figured that - crap as they are - they'll
perform better if he can restore some of the motivation and confidence that a long winless run saps from a team.

He's not going to be able to teach our strikers to do Ronaldo-style bicycle kicks (realistically), or make many of them good players....so what else?

I tip my (non-existent) hat to Mr. Michael Jolley. He hasn't saved us yet and may not do so...but he has restored some hope to the fans already.

I would love to know what some of the old heads in the team make of him.....
Reply: 13 - 17
OneLove
April 11, 2018, 7:24am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Yeh the guy does speak words of truth nailed on, on actually how it is and no fodder. But I agree surely the club should capitalise on Saturday and insure its a full house by doing an offer on tickets, stick the Southerners in the corner and fill the Osmond stand £10 per head £5 juniors, all around the ground. Get a Black lace tribute band playing up and down the Main Stand to liven that section of the ground up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 17
lukeo
April 11, 2018, 7:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Maybe the club feel they've put enough offers on now and it's up to us the fans to turn up in our numbers no matter what the price?.. Before people shoot me down,  I think they should have some sort of offer or 'challenge' on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 17
OneLove
April 11, 2018, 7:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from lukeo
Maybe the club feel they've put enough offers on now and it's up to us the fans to turn up in our numbers no matter what the price?.. Before people shoot me down,  I think they should have some sort of offer or 'challenge' on

After the season we've had tho I think its more than desirable to keep whacking offers on, at one point the crowds sunk to 3k and now look its back up again. Critical stages now and id be making sure that park was rammed come saturday for the lads
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 17
April 11, 2018, 4:36pm
Guest User
The other point about MJ is that he clearly appreciates, maybe even likes the fans. I could get used to a bit of that....
Reply: 17 - 17
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jolley Statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.