Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
" a powerful weapon "...Jeez.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
heppy88
April 10, 2018, 9:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Usual kind of thing? I have to disagree. I cannot remember anyone at the club in recent history speaking so much sense and clearly from the heart. I can’t remember Hurst engaging with the fans in this way. Bignot, I believe tried to say what he thought the fans wanted to hear, not necessarily what he really thought. Slade was just full of shite. But with Jolley, I actually believe in what he is saying and slowly but surely, I'm seeing it reflected on the pitch. I also don’t think its any coincidence there appears to be a better, more positive atmosphere around and towards the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
HertsGTFC
April 10, 2018, 9:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from heppy88

Usual kind of thing? I have to disagree. I cannot remember anyone at the club in recent history speaking so much sense and clearly from the heart. I can’t remember Hurst engaging with the fans in this way. Bignot, I believe tried to say what he thought the fans wanted to hear, not necessarily what he really thought. Slade was just full of shite. But with Jolley, I actually believe in what he is saying and slowly but surely, I'm seeing it reflected on the pitch. I also don’t think its any coincidence there appears to be a better, more positive atmosphere around and towards the club.

Agree with Heppy completely on this.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
mariner91
April 10, 2018, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,255
Gold Stars: 253
It's a good piece, he's very articulate and clearly "gets" the club.

However, I am absolutely astounded that the club hasn't put on any offers for the game on Saturday. Criminal really. A full ground with home fans in each stand would definitely give us an edge over a side who regularly play in front of less than 1500.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
ginnywings
April 10, 2018, 9:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from mariner91
It's a good piece, he's very articulate and clearly "gets" the club.

However, I am absolutely astounded that the club hasn't put on any offers for the game on Saturday. Criminal really. A full ground with home fans in each stand would definitely give us an edge over a side who regularly play in front of less than 1500.

Yeah, i'm more than a bit surprised too. Are they resting on their laurels again?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Azimuth
April 10, 2018, 10:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
An inspirational and honest statement from the manager, as fan I have to reapect his forthright and honest approach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
stuart brace was king
April 10, 2018, 10:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +145
Quoted from heppy88

Spot on!  
He's a Jolley good ambassador for the club and with his arrival I suspect it is not a coincidence that since his 'foot-in-mouth' impromptu interview in the car park we have not seen or heard from Mr Fenty.  In fact since that incident all the club's PR seems to have gone up a notch or three, and keeping Fenty gagged has been a blessing imho - even though the on-the-pitch PR has been a nightmare... until Saturday.

Well said Michael, perfect communication with us fans and the right mix of realism and aspiration; together we can all succeed!
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.