26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
April 2, 2018, 5:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Play like we did today? We had 1 meaningful shot on target and havent won for 20 games how the hell can you see us winning 2 games?! Our defending is disgraceful, our midfield makes me want to throw myself off the findus and the forwards would miss the water if they fell out a boat.  The swuad the board the club its gone mate. Wake up to it it’ll be easier to accept it now than in may when its for real
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 240 - 250
RonMariner
April 2, 2018, 5:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,814
Gold Stars: 226
We have a lousy bunch of inadequate players.

Up front we are incompetent. How often have we seen our players miss absolute sitters? Rose, Matt, Hooper. All totally useless in front of goal.

Our midfield is full of idiots. How many needless free kicks do we give away, often leading to goals. How often do we allow players a free run at the defence? How seldom do we make an incisive defence splitting, or even accurate pass from midfield?

Our defence is a shambles. How often do we allow free headers in the box, leave players unmarked, fail to react to the second ball?

The fact is that this squad is full of failures who just can't do the simple basic things right. They are totally useless,

This is  not based on today. Frankly I didn't expect a point. It's based on the last 20 games.

We have taken 4 points this year. I think this crowd are worse than the 2010 mob. They are totally shambolic.

I will be amazed if we stay up.  Only a collapse by Chesterfield can save us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 241 - 250
Madeleymariner
April 2, 2018, 5:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from AussieMariner

FFS just stop whinging this was always going to be a tough game and I reckon Wycombe know they’ve been in a much harder contest than they expected
I think the team is improving week by week under Jolley and if we play like we did today we will beat chesterfield and barnet
After watching that I’m really looking forward to my next game at Swindon

Harder game, they didnt need to work just hoof it up and wait for our defence to crumble, could have finished 5 or 6 - 2 but for some Macca saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 242 - 250
TheGoalKipper
April 2, 2018, 5:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +321
Quoted from AussieMariner

FFS just stop whinging this was always going to be a tough game and I reckon Wycombe know they’ve been in a much harder contest than they expected
I think the team is improving week by week under Jolley and if we play like we did today we will beat chesterfield and barnet
After watching that I’m really looking forward to my next game at Swindon

Agreed. We are not down yet. We are home to Chesterfield who are 4 points behind us and a win will probably be enough. They are below us because they are worse than us however bad we are. If its a draw we still have a home tie against Barnet who are even worse. First goal today for ages. First win next week for ages

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 243 - 250
Croxton
April 2, 2018, 5:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,021
Gold Stars: 34
BURNS!  FFS! It's bad enough for the listener that we have lost again. We don't need you to do a Paxman, repeating questions already answered. Once is enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 244 - 250
jonnyboy82
April 2, 2018, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
At least he got the balls to ask the questions ?

What do you want him to ask ? What did you have for dinner ?

I must admit this jolley is either trying to shield his players or is deluded , not sure which yet.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 245 - 250
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 5:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Croxton
BURNS!  FFS! It's bad enough for the listener that we have lost again. We don't need you to do a Paxman, repeating questions already answered. Once is enough.

How can the manager say he is happy with that defending?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 246 - 250
Croxton
April 2, 2018, 5:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,021
Gold Stars: 34
You misunderstand my comment. By being repetitive Burns wastes opportunities for further questions. Of course, he was right to question the defensive frailties.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 247 - 250
OllieGTFC
April 2, 2018, 6:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
How can Jolley be clueless seriously ? These aren’t his players things don’t change over night, we will judge him next season when most of this squad has F**ked off elsewhere and he brings his own in and tbh if he brings players in like Andrew fox then we could be okay but we will see not his fault we have players who are only here for the wages each week

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 248 - 250
headingly_mariner
April 2, 2018, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from OllieGTFC
How can Jolley be clueless seriously ? These aren’t his players things don’t change over night, we will judge him next season when most of this squad has F**ked off elsewhere and he brings his own in and tbh if he brings players in like Andrew fox then we could be okay but we will see not his fault we have players who are only here for the wages each week

It’s not his fault that we are in this shocking position. Is he making any positive impact on getting us out of it so far? I think it’s hard to argue we’ve improved under him. I feel a bit sorry for him, he’s come into a team woefully in trouble and he’s really struggling. For starters he needs to get us man marking again.

It begs the question whether we should’ve been looking at a big character with experience to keep us up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 249 - 250
26 Pages Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wycombe thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.