Private Message
Badger57
March 30, 2018, 7:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
This point will be worthless if we don't beat Chesterfield and Barnet (both tougher games than they looked a few weeks ago now they are improving) and how are we going to beat them when we can't score goals?
Think we've had it I'm afraid to say.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
grimsby pete
March 30, 2018, 7:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
At the end of the season one point will decide whether we stay up or go down imo

I hope we do not go down because of one point,

It would be really annoying if we do for many reasons,

BUT

We have had so many games where we could have picked up that point.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
imm_mariner
March 30, 2018, 7:28pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +69
I agree I think this point isn't a disaster. I thought on the whole we looked a lot more organised and our play was a lot more varied in terms of going direct and then , at times, playing some lovely stuff on the deck. I think mj has already put his stamp on the team obviously with the shower of shite slade left him with. We just need that first goal and I think the confidence will soar throughout the team. Rose is a disgrace and doesn't give a excrement about this club. Wilks and hooper don't look that arsed either but the rest , I thought, were giving their all. Summerfield is going to be crucial to our survival. Never thought I would say that but the guy gets the crowd going, he puts every ounce of effort into everything he does and atleast looks to play the ball about abit. His work rate and energy is infectious. players like him in a relegation scrap are priceless. Him and Macca can hold their heads high this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
oldun
March 31, 2018, 9:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I keep reflecting on that terrible miss from the pen spot by Hooper a few games ago which cost us 2 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
FishOutOfWater
March 31, 2018, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from oldun
I keep reflecting on that terrible miss from the pen spot by Hooper a few games ago which cost us 2 points.

How did it cost us two points oldun?

If he had scored it would have been an equaliser so that would have been only the one point salvaged
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 23
oldun
March 31, 2018, 5:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

How did it cost us two points oldun?

If he had scored it would have been an equaliser so that would have been only the one point salvaged

Sorry, my mistake, but even that 1 point would be useful now. Mind you I see Brighton missed a vital pen today. Sometimes it just does not go for you when you are struggling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
LondonMariner43
March 31, 2018, 5:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,952
Gold Stars: 64
Before this game, it was vital to beat Barnet and Chesterfield.  That remains the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
FishOutOfWater
March 31, 2018, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from oldun

Sorry, my mistake, but even that 1 point would be useful now. Mind you I see Brighton missed a vital pen today. Sometimes it just does not go for you when you are struggling.

You’re right oldun……every point counts so much when we look at our position

I look back on the one Sam Jones missed earlier in the season too when we drew 0-0 at home to Crawley

Again additional points back then and our current situation might just seem that little bit better

All ifs and buts though.... we had the rub of the green when Macca saved us against Port Vale when we dug in and rescued that point

It doesn’t disguise how poor our situation is though and how we desperately need to grind out something every game we have left until the season ends
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 23
nightrider
March 31, 2018, 6:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Six more draws wouldn't be too bad

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This point

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.