Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do we do?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 340 Guests

What do we do?

This thread currently has 5,796 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
March 26, 2018, 8:15am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
The fans have done their bit and will continue to do so.  

It's all down to the players now.  
Are they good enough?  I'm not too sure as the last 18 games has made me think not..  

But here is hoping that they can dig in and start with a good 3 points on Friday.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 28
bedders78
March 26, 2018, 8:48am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from RonMariner
We have to support MJ and the players to the best of our ability.

Despite their limitations, most of the players are trying, and MJ is blameless.

We are not relegated yet, and might stay up if we win some of the remaining home games.

However, whether we survive or get relegated I think that we have to demand Fenty's departure with every avenue at our disposal. I think a season ticket boycott, and even a total boycott of attending games at BP are two options worth considering.

I can't see a positive future for the club while he remains in charge and his loans hang over us like the Sword of Damocles.. His record speaks for itself.

I think you've summed up my position. Support until we're mathematically safe(!) or down, but I'm withdrawing my financial support from the club after that until there is a change at the top.  This might be cutting off my nose and it's also unfair on Jolley, but I'll still be here in a couple of years and he probably won't be.  

We need to secure the long-term future of the club and that means risking short-term hurt. Even 1000 off the gate is £500k over the course of a season - the supporters are the club.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
friskneymariner
March 26, 2018, 9:12am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Stay in bed and pull duvet over head.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
forza ivano
March 26, 2018, 9:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from friskneymariner
Stay in bed and pull duvet over head.

sounds like a plan

in a final desperate attempt to save us i've just stuck £30 on us to get relegated (2-1 at betfair if anyone cares to make some easy money). if that doesn't guarentee safety ,nothing will
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
SteveHessle
March 26, 2018, 10:06am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +32
As the club have tried almost everything to try to get our Sunday League players to acknowledge that they are in fact professional footballers, there is only one course of action now & that is to employ a hypnotist.
After all, there isn't much else, other than witchcraft or some other well tested motivational method.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
arryarryarry
March 26, 2018, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from SteveHessle
As the club have tried almost everything to try to get our Sunday League players to acknowledge that they are in fact professional footballers, there is only one course of action now & that is to employ a hypnotist.
After all, there isn't much else, other than witchcraft or some other well tested motivational method.

Can he play up front?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
oochiad
March 26, 2018, 10:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,717
Gold Stars: 28
Betting on us getting relegated isn’t such a bad idea, I’d happily lose say £50 if we stay up and equally happy to spend my winnings on drowning my sorrows when we go down......god I’m depressed at the mo.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
SheepGTFC
March 26, 2018, 11:11am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +278
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted Text
What do we do?

This is my club.

I will support Town until I die, no matter how good or how bad we are or people say we are.

I will support all the players no matter how bad some people say they are, to me they are the best players in the world.

I will support the manager and the coaching staff giving them the couragement and drive they need to find a way for the team.

I will support any person that calls themself a Town fan, any fan of Town is brother or sister to me.

This is my club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
SomeSanity
March 26, 2018, 11:21am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from SheepGTFC

This is my club.

I will support Town until I die, no matter how good or how bad we are or people say we are.

I will support all the players no matter how bad some people say they are, to me they are the best players in the world.

I will support the manager and the coaching staff giving them the couragement and drive they need to find a way for the team.

I will support any person that calls themself a Town fan, any fan of Town is brother or sister to me.

This is my club.

UTM

John Fenty is a Town fan as I imagine the rest of the directors. So are they the 'uncle knob'eds' in your big GTFC family?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
arryarryarry
March 26, 2018, 3:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from SheepGTFC

This is my club.

This is my club.

UTM

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/deluded
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What do we do?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.