March 24, 2018, 2:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

But two of those goals were down to individual errors, Clarke for the first one and Clifton for the other.

Err no, Berrett passed the ball to a Lincoln player for their second. Clifton hasn't been at all culpable for any goals we've conceded since coming into the team.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
StickfordMariner
March 24, 2018, 2:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I hope he goes with some combination of McSheffrey, Wilkes & Dembele as our forward line. I agree that Wilkes has shown glimpses of potential, would like to see him central. I think we've simply got to try something attacking that doesn't revolve around Matt. I'm not going to start slating the guy but we constantly play the ball up to him as if we can start our attacks through him. On the evidence of the last 17 games, we can't.

Thanks for giving us the heads up MJ  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
KingstonMariner
March 24, 2018, 2:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well it looks like many people have had their wishes granted today. At least insofar as the current squad can deliver.

McAllister in. Clifton in. Wilks in. McSheffrey in. Clarke out. Berret out. Vernon out. Matt out.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
Roast Em Bobby
March 24, 2018, 2:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Chrisblor

Err no, Berrett passed the ball to a Lincoln player for their second. Clifton hasn't been at all culpable for any goals we've conceded since coming into the team.

Who headed the ball straight to their player for the 3rd goal?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
mariner91
March 24, 2018, 2:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Who headed the ball straight to their player for the 3rd goal?

Berrett did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Grantley
March 24, 2018, 3:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Clifton did actually head it to their player for their first though!  . The goal was still avoidable though.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
March 24, 2018, 5:01pm
Guest User
Well, Woolford aside I got pretty much what I wanted. And we still got spanked 4-0. I really don't know what the answer is. We looked decent again until the first goal went in. Aside from a header from a corner, and a tame effort from Vernon we didn't look like creating anything again. Their keeper will come off with a clean shirt again. I am out of ideas. The only positive is Coventry are a good side at this level and we won't have to play them again. On to Wycombe. Let's hope Chesterfield and Barnet lose as it looks like a three horse race now.
Reply: 16 - 18
ginnywings
March 24, 2018, 5:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Stevenage first Vicar. Vale got a point at Wycombe, we won't though. The beast will have a field day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
March 24, 2018, 5:42pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Stevenage first Vicar. Vale got a point at Wycombe, we won't though. The beast will have a field day.

I've just realised we're at home Friday. Gutted as I'm working.
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Concered about selection

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.