3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
March 19, 2018, 12:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
You would say on paper 3 of the 4 look winnable and those 9 points would keep us up but in reality what will we get from them? God knows how we can score a goal or enough goals to win a game but I think we will beat Stevenage which will make the Chesterfield and Barnet games cup finals.In the past the fans would have won us these games I just hope the Club haven`t been to that particular well once to often? We need a minimum 9 points Mr Jolley give us a lift have a go at Cov it`s a free swipe then get us 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
March 19, 2018, 12:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I'm not so sure we will beat anyone at the moment. The performances i have seen against the other clubs in the mire have scared me. I was particularly worried to see Morecambe come to BP and just stroll to 3 points. That's the first time the thought of possible relegation crossed my mind and we should have got rid of Slade then. Last week against Port Vale, we were extremely lucky to get a point from a side that hasn't won for nearly as long as we have. Stevenage were 2 up at Vale last week and if they get 1 up against us, the game will be done. I'm not at all confident that we can beat any team, unless MJ can get some sort of performance out of them. Lincoln was just more of the same capitulation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
GrimRob
March 19, 2018, 12:25pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The 4 teams above us are all playing this midweek, we could be left marooned in a 2 from 3 scenario even if we manage a point at Coventry.

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-fixtures.php?table=4&season=15

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 22
Jarmo.Is.God
March 19, 2018, 12:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Steveage - Loss
Chesterfield - Win
Barnet - Draw
County - Loss

Putting a win down, is being very very optimistic, as i wouldn't be surprised if we don't win any more games this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
lew chaterleys lover
March 19, 2018, 12:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You would say on paper 3 of the 4 look winnable and those 9 points would keep us up but in reality what will we get from them? God knows how we can score a goal or enough goals to win a game but I think we will beat Stevenage which will make the Chesterfield and Barnet games cup finals.In the past the fans would have won us these games I just hope the Club haven`t been to that particular well once to often? We need a minimum 9 points Mr Jolley give us a lift have a go at Cov it`s a free swipe then get us 3 points.

We haven't won in 18 games is it now, and plenty of them were winnable on paper.

We are mainly relying on other clubs to do us a favour and I feel for the manager - he has been left with a shocking set of players who seem completely unable to raise their game.

I think the fans have almost had enough to be honest - the gallows humour at Lincoln about "we lose every week..." suggests that are struggling to lift the team. It is up to the players now - no matter how many Town fans travel, or what level of support they get at home the outcome is the same. The club seems toxic and the new manager must quickly turn it round. Forget about any fancy formations, players out of position - get his best 11, in his opinion in a standard formation and get them to roll their sleeves up.

Martin Allen will get Barnet fighting for every ball, every lost cause and that is what we have to do - we are not going to suddenly start playing well after all this time so a bit of passion and fighting spirit is needed first and foremost.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
arryarryarry
March 19, 2018, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
I hope I am wrong but I cannot see us winning a game based on the last 18 we have played as we cannot keep a clean sheet or score more than one goal.

Looking at the League table it appears that we have a 6 point gap but that is misleading, as (apologies if it has already been mentioned) Chesterfield and Barnet play each other on the last day then at best we are 5 points above a drop place or worse 4 points off. Mind you that last day might be irrelevant as I really believe we will have been relegated by then.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
cannylad68
March 19, 2018, 3:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
I have posted elsewhere that statistically teams winning away first, rarely win the return home fixture.

Does Barnet and Chesterfield ring any bells?

Port Vale anyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
grimsby pete
March 19, 2018, 4:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cannylad68
I have posted elsewhere that statistically teams winning away first, rarely win the return home fixture.

Does Barnet and Chesterfield ring any bells?

Port Vale anyone.

Oh excrement !!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
oldun
March 19, 2018, 5:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Just to add another factor against us..... Goal difference, apart from Chesterfield we have the worst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
promotion plaice
March 19, 2018, 5:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Only just noticed recently the Stevenage home game is on Good Friday at 3pm.

Just managed to get the day off work last minute.......phew.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The 4 home games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.