Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 19, 2018, 12:01pm
You would say on paper 3 of the 4 look winnable and those 9 points would keep us up but in reality what will we get from them? God knows how we can score a goal or enough goals to win a game but I think we will beat Stevenage which will make the Chesterfield and Barnet games cup finals.In the past the fans would have won us these games I just hope the Club haven`t been to that particular well once to often? We need a minimum 9 points Mr Jolley give us a lift have a go at Cov it`s a free swipe then get us 3 points.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 19, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 1
I'm not so sure we will beat anyone at the moment. The performances i have seen against the other clubs in the mire have scared me. I was particularly worried to see Morecambe come to BP and just stroll to 3 points. That's the first time the thought of possible relegation crossed my mind and we should have got rid of Slade then. Last week against Port Vale, we were extremely lucky to get a point from a side that hasn't won for nearly as long as we have. Stevenage were 2 up at Vale last week and if they get 1 up against us, the game will be done. I'm not at all confident that we can beat any team, unless MJ can get some sort of performance out of them. Lincoln was just more of the same capitulation.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 19, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 2
The 4 teams above us are all playing this midweek, we could be left marooned in a 2 from 3 scenario even if we manage a point at Coventry.

https://thefishy.co.uk/football-fixtures.php?table=4&season=15
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 19, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 3
Steveage - Loss
Chesterfield - Win
Barnet - Draw
County - Loss

Putting a win down, is being very very optimistic, as i wouldn't be surprised if we don't win any more games this season
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, March 19, 2018, 12:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons
You would say on paper 3 of the 4 look winnable and those 9 points would keep us up but in reality what will we get from them? God knows how we can score a goal or enough goals to win a game but I think we will beat Stevenage which will make the Chesterfield and Barnet games cup finals.In the past the fans would have won us these games I just hope the Club haven`t been to that particular well once to often? We need a minimum 9 points Mr Jolley give us a lift have a go at Cov it`s a free swipe then get us 3 points.

We haven't won in 18 games is it now, and plenty of them were winnable on paper.

We are mainly relying on other clubs to do us a favour and I feel for the manager - he has been left with a shocking set of players who seem completely unable to raise their game.

I think the fans have almost had enough to be honest - the gallows humour at Lincoln about "we lose every week..." suggests that are struggling to lift the team. It is up to the players now - no matter how many Town fans travel, or what level of support they get at home the outcome is the same. The club seems toxic and the new manager must quickly turn it round. Forget about any fancy formations, players out of position - get his best 11, in his opinion in a standard formation and get them to roll their sleeves up.

Martin Allen will get Barnet fighting for every ball, every lost cause and that is what we have to do - we are not going to suddenly start playing well after all this time so a bit of passion and fighting spirit is needed first and foremost.

Posted by: arryarryarry, March 19, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 5
I hope I am wrong but I cannot see us winning a game based on the last 18 we have played as we cannot keep a clean sheet or score more than one goal.

Looking at the League table it appears that we have a 6 point gap but that is misleading, as (apologies if it has already been mentioned) Chesterfield and Barnet play each other on the last day then at best we are 5 points above a drop place or worse 4 points off. Mind you that last day might be irrelevant as I really believe we will have been relegated by then. :(
Posted by: cannylad68, March 19, 2018, 3:55pm; Reply: 6
I have posted elsewhere that statistically teams winning away first, rarely win the return home fixture.

Does Barnet and Chesterfield ring any bells?

Port Vale anyone.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 19, 2018, 4:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from cannylad68
I have posted elsewhere that statistically teams winning away first, rarely win the return home fixture.

Port Vale anyone.

Oh excrement !!!!!
Posted by: oldun, March 19, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 8
Just to add another factor against us..... Goal difference, apart from Chesterfield we have the worst.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 9

Only just noticed recently the Stevenage home game is on Good Friday at 3pm.

Just managed to get the day off work last minute.......phew.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 19, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from cannylad68

Port Vale anyone.

We're laughing the next 2 away games then.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 19, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 11
To be fair, if we can't beat Barnet and Chesterfield at home then we deserve to go down!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 19, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 12

We haven't won in 18 games is it now, and plenty of them were winnable on paper.

We are mainly relying on other clubs to do us a favour and I feel for the manager - he has been left with a shocking set of players who seem completely unable to raise their game.

I think the fans have almost had enough to be honest - the gallows humour at Lincoln about "we lose every week..." suggests that are struggling to lift the team. It is up to the players now - no matter how many Town fans travel, or what level of support they get at home the outcome is the same. The club seems toxic and the new manager must quickly turn it round. Forget about any fancy formations, players out of position - get his best 11, in his opinion in a standard formation and get them to roll their sleeves up.

Martin Allen will get Barnet fighting for every ball, every lost cause and that is what we have to do - we are not going to suddenly start playing well after all this time so a bit of passion and fighting spirit is needed first and foremost.

So of those currently available...

Macca
Clifton
Cardwell
Davies or Mills maybe?

They've all shown some spirit but who else in the squad is there who will roll their sleeves up and give it their all

I'm not talking about ability - just the desire to not fold and to give every last bit of effort to try and hold on to our league status

Not particularly inspiring is it?
Posted by: cod_head_doug, March 19, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Macca
Clifton
Cardwell
Davies or Mills maybe?

They've all shown some spirit but who else in the squad is there who will roll their sleeves up and give it their all

I'm not talking about ability - just the desire to not fold and to give every last bit of effort to try and hold on to our league status

Luke Summerfield always puts a shift in

Posted by: chaos33, March 19, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 14
Can't see any reason to think we could beat anyone Before the end of the season, unless Jolley can find 11 decent players from this shambles of a squad.
Posted by: Tommy, March 19, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from chaos33
Can't see any reason to think we could beat anyone Before the end of the season, unless Jolley can find 11 decent players from this shambles of a squad.

I know what you mean and I feel the dread as much as anyone, but this squad of players have won 9 games this season. Including 4 against teams we still have to play in the next 7 weeks.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 20, 2018, 12:33am; Reply: 16
Quoted from cod_head_doug

Luke Summerfield always puts a shift in

Don’t disagree Doug but when is he back from injury?

If not soon then Jolley has to get the best out of the leftovers which won’t be an easy task
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 20, 2018, 7:06am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tommy

I know what you mean and I feel the dread as much as anyone, but this squad of players have won 9 games this season. Including 4 against teams we still have to play in the next 7 weeks.

They also beat Accy Stanley away who currently sit proudly at the top of the table!

This was the team that night. Barring Jones, all are still here.

1 McKeown
    2 Davies
    6 Collins
    5 Clarke
    3 Dixon
    27 Dembele Substituted for Jaiyesimi at 75'minutes
    8 Rose Substituted for Summerfield at 59'minutes
    7 Berrett
    25 Woolford
    29 Matt Substituted for Vernon at 82'minutes
    10 Jones
Posted by: forza ivano, March 20, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 18
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Macca
Clifton
Cardwell
Davies or Mills maybe?

Collins,Vernon n presumably fox can be added to that list.
Posted by: toontown, March 20, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 19
Agree with Collins, vernon not so sure, He runs around a bit to not much effect, not sure that is really leadership.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 20, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Is that from the oppositions viewpoint ?
Posted by: toontown, March 20, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 21
;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 20, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Les Brechin

They also beat Accy Stanley away who currently sit proudly at the top of the table!

This was the team that night. Barring Jones, all are still here.

1 McKeown
    2 Davies
    6 Collins
    5 Clarke
    3 Dixon
    27 Dembele Substituted for Jaiyesimi at 75'minutes
    8 Rose Substituted for Summerfield at 59'minutes
    7 Berrett
    25 Woolford
    29 Matt Substituted for Vernon at 82'minutes
    10 Jones

Matt had a decent game too.