Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Free Agents?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 223 Guests

Free Agents?

This thread currently has 2,799 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
March 14, 2018, 4:04pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Anyone heard any news or whispers about anymore free agents we might sign before Saturday. I know that Gary McSheffrey was training with us last week but heard nothing more.

I know it'd be bloody hard to find a decent midfield playmaker or a good striker out there, but we could really do with one or the other before Saturday.

I saw that Sean McAllister wasn't even in the squad on Saturday which surprised me. I was even thinking that he might have started.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
March 14, 2018, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Not heard anything but there's a bit in the GET today that mentions some unattached players, including McSheffrey. It's a bit of a gamble looking at most of them as they're not unattached for no reason, but there could be someone out there who could give a good 45 minutes or make an impact from the bench, taken on a short-term contract.

And surely it's decision time on McAllister this week, he either plays or moves on and frees up a shirt,

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
jock dock tower
March 14, 2018, 4:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Futcher was in Halfax's reserve team when we came knocking. It's not always the case that folk can't get a game or a team because they're no good, being out of favour with a particular manager is probably more the reason - as we saw regularly with Slade.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Les Brechin
March 14, 2018, 4:39pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from jock dock tower
Futcher was in Halfax's reserve team when we came knocking. It's not always the case that folk can't get a game or a team because they're no good, being out of favour with a particular manager is probably more the reason - as we saw regularly with Slade.

Yes, but he was still at a club! We need people who don't have a current club, not the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
forza ivano
March 14, 2018, 4:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
i think the list in the GET was up to its usual standard of rubbish journalism - names probably produced as the result of a 5 minute trawl of google.
far likely to be ex lower league players or from abroad
perhaps someone like this fella
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Ranégie

what i am certain of is that he will have been inundated with emails and videos from a myriad of desperate agents
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
moosey_club
March 14, 2018, 7:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,242
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RoboCod
Not heard anything but there's a bit in the GET today that mentions some unattached players, including McSheffrey. It's a bit of a gamble looking at most of them as they're not unattached for no reason, but there could be someone out there who could give a good 45 minutes or make an impact from the bench, taken on a short-term contract.

And surely it's decision time on McAllister this week, he either plays or moves on and frees up a shirt,

never mind 45 mins...i would settle for signing a player that we can use to just deliver a set piece....i wonder if Kingsley Black is unattached ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
RoboCod
March 14, 2018, 7:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from moosey_club

never mind 45 mins...i would settle for signing a player that we can use to just deliver a set piece....i wonder if Kingsley Black is unattached ?

Well, exactly. Can't see anyone grumbling about getting someone who is a way off full match fitness but has the class and guile to turn a game in a minute or two. Signed on a rolling weekly/monthly contract, what's to lose.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
LH
March 15, 2018, 9:49am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,505
Gold Stars: 173
McSheffrey set to sign until the end of the season according to Radio Humberside.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
FishFan101
March 15, 2018, 11:11am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from jock dock tower

Jon Nolan was a fantastic example of one man's trash, was another mans treasure!!

Once a Mariner, Always a Mariner <*//////><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Free Agents?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.