Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 14, 2018, 4:04pm
Anyone heard any news or whispers about anymore free agents we might sign before Saturday. I know that Gary McSheffrey was training with us last week but heard nothing more.

I know it'd be bloody hard to find a decent midfield playmaker or a good striker out there, but we could really do with one or the other before Saturday.

I saw that Sean McAllister wasn't even in the squad on Saturday which surprised me. I was even thinking that he might have started.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 14, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 1
Not heard anything but there's a bit in the GET today that mentions some unattached players, including McSheffrey. It's a bit of a gamble looking at most of them as they're not unattached for no reason, but there could be someone out there who could give a good 45 minutes or make an impact from the bench, taken on a short-term contract.

And surely it's decision time on McAllister this week, he either plays or moves on and frees up a shirt,
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 14, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 2
Futcher was in Halfax's reserve team when we came knocking. It's not always the case that folk can't get a game or a team because they're no good, being out of favour with a particular manager is probably more the reason - as we saw regularly with Slade.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 14, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jock dock tower
Futcher was in Halfax's reserve team when we came knocking. It's not always the case that folk can't get a game or a team because they're no good, being out of favour with a particular manager is probably more the reason - as we saw regularly with Slade.

Yes, but he was still at a club! We need people who don't have a current club, not the ones who are out of favour at their current clubs.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 14, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 4
i think the list in the GET was up to its usual standard of rubbish journalism - names probably produced as the result of a 5 minute trawl of google.
far likely to be ex lower league players or from abroad
perhaps someone like this fella
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Ranégie

what i am certain of is that he will have been inundated with emails and videos from a myriad of desperate agents
Posted by: moosey_club, March 14, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from RoboCod
Not heard anything but there's a bit in the GET today that mentions some unattached players, including McSheffrey. It's a bit of a gamble looking at most of them as they're not unattached for no reason, but there could be someone out there who could give a good 45 minutes or make an impact from the bench, taken on a short-term contract.

And surely it's decision time on McAllister this week, he either plays or moves on and frees up a shirt,

never mind 45 mins...i would settle for signing a player that we can use to just deliver a set piece....i wonder if Kingsley Black is unattached ?
Posted by: RoboCod, March 14, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club

never mind 45 mins...i would settle for signing a player that we can use to just deliver a set piece....i wonder if Kingsley Black is unattached ?

Well, exactly. Can't see anyone grumbling about getting someone who is a way off full match fitness but has the class and guile to turn a game in a minute or two. Signed on a rolling weekly/monthly contract, what's to lose.
Posted by: LH, March 15, 2018, 9:49am; Reply: 7
McSheffrey set to sign until the end of the season according to Radio Humberside.
Posted by: FishFan101, March 15, 2018, 11:11am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jock dock tower

Jon Nolan was a fantastic example of one man's trash, was another mans treasure!!
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 5:33pm