Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke or Collins?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 200 Guests

If you had to pick one to remain in the side
Clarke
Collins
  View Results 136 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Clarke or Collins?

This thread currently has 6,884 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
March 10, 2018, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Our problem is more not making/scoring goals more than one player being targeted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
Bigdog
March 10, 2018, 8:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Collins, this is probably his last season, its starting to show, but CLarke looks like last season should of been his last.

I said last summer we shouldn't have signed Collins as he was showing signs of wear and tear this time last year. Clarke is showing a little less wear and tear physically than DC but mentally he seems a lot weaker which shows in his positioning and decision making in plenty of the goals we concede. I've been in both of their positions playing centre half while slowing up and there becomes a time when the team has to make far too many compromises. I'd much rather us have younger quicker centre halves next season, MJ coach them and create a quicker back four, three or five that is well drilled. There's one thing you cannot do and that's coach pace, decision making and working as a unit, yes, but pace no. SP would have been a much better option than DC and NC, and I also think we'd have got a lot more than we are doing out of KO if he'd have been given game time earlier in the season. If we'd have had SP, KO and two other younger quicker centre halves, we'd definitely have had a stronger base to work from, more options tactically, a higher back line which pushes our midfield closer to support our forward line and far less compromises for the whole team to make. All of this isn't based on hindsight either, I had written plenty of times that I didn't want DC or NC last summer, I wanted SP and us to invest in a different profile of defender to create a quicker centre half pairing. You could see the trouble we have got ourselves in a mile off. Add in the York pairing and only signing one left back, it's been a really tough season to take for the fans and on top of that the same suffering fans have constantly been berated from all and sundry at the club when their decisions fell flat on their face. Starting from today, lets get the eight or nine points we need and hope we can put this nightmare behind us once and for all..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
immariner
March 10, 2018, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Wow, I hope our club captain doesn't get wind of this poll. He'll really want to go out and play for the supporters today! Proper motivated knowing the fans are right behind him and believe in his abilities.

I think this thread is best deleted, personally.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
rancido
March 10, 2018, 12:55pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from immariner
Wow, I hope our club captain doesn't get wind of this poll. He'll really want to go out and play for the supporters today! Proper motivated knowing the fans are right behind him and believe in his abilities.

I think this thread is best deleted, personally.

That depends on your character. You can either adopt the attitude of proving your critics wrong or admit your sh*t and you know you are!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
TAGG
March 10, 2018, 1:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Start of a new era this sort of Poll helps no one.

Sad really 😔

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Cod Cheeks
March 10, 2018, 7:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Neither for me , both too old and slow.
Can't think of many teams that would play 2 central defenders in their mid-30s
They were dragged all over the place in the first half
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Cloudy
March 10, 2018, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Thought both were ok today tbh
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
grimsby pete
March 10, 2018, 8:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Collins will not get another year with us,

Clarke will not get another contract with us,

Having an experienced player in defence is good,

Having two does not work you need a younger player with legs to cover for you

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
HertsGTFC
March 10, 2018, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Cloudy
Thought both were ok today tbh

I’d agree. Definitely more comfortable in a 4 and also since Macca has come back.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
Croxton
March 10, 2018, 9:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Port Vale played a higher line for most of the game knowing they were not facing pace. This meant their midfield and attack could press our midfield who opted to pass back or sideways. All other managers know we drop off and concede midfield space. Get Mills and Hall Johnson back in.
Yes, they had an o.k. game as a pair but I thought Suliman had a promising start. Was he injured?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke or Collins?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.