Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke or Collins?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 297 Guests

If you had to pick one to remain in the side
Clarke
Collins
  View Results 136 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Clarke or Collins?

This thread currently has 6,885 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
bawarmy
March 9, 2018, 5:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,009
Gold Stars: 33
Time definitely catching up with him compared to last season but it’s still Collins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
livosnose
March 9, 2018, 5:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,166
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Ruston AT
Aren't we supposed to be supporting our lads? Obviously not on here,  I cannot believe as supporters anyone would post this poll. UTFM.

Clarke doesn't deserve to be supported. Worst captain since..............................god knows when

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
rancido
March 9, 2018, 6:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy

That view is often pedalled on here  but the truth is that Pearson would have been offered a deal but Slade had to get Boyce out the door first. Boyce initially refused to drop to the Conference and that was the real reason why Shaun didn't stay as an offer from Wrexham wa son the table

That doesn't stack up for me. Regardless of whether Boyce wanted to leave or not we could have still kept the partnership of Collins and Pearson. We had three recognised centre-halves ( two had developed a good working partnership ) for a reasonably successful first season back into the Football League and Slade decided to break it up. It was obvious that Slade didn't want Pearson otherwise he would have offered him a new contract sooner. I don't normally submit to " conspiracy theories" but I'm convinced that Pearson was " sacrificed " to bring Slade's mate Clarke in.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
Cloudy
March 9, 2018, 7:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

That doesn't stack up for me. Regardless of whether Boyce wanted to leave or not we could have still kept the partnership of Collins and Pearson. We had three recognised centre-halves ( two had developed a good working partnership ) for a reasonably successful first season back into the Football League and Slade decided to break it up. It was obvious that Slade didn't want Pearson otherwise he would have offered him a new contract sooner. I don't normally submit to " conspiracy theories" but I'm convinced that Pearson was " sacrificed " to bring Slade's mate Clarke in.

It might not stack up for you but I am telling you the truth!
Clarke was coming in regardless. Slade wanted Pearson over Boyce BUT Boyce was under contract. He had to get him out the door but he wouldn't go
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
rancido
March 9, 2018, 7:35pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cloudy

It might not stack up for you but I am telling you the truth!
Clarke was coming in regardless. Slade wanted Pearson over Boyce BUT Boyce was under contract. He had to get him out the door but he wouldn't go

So you agree that Clarke was coming in regardless and  however you dress it up Pearson was eventually sacrificed as Boyce did go. Those are the facts.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
Cloudy
March 9, 2018, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from rancido

So you agree that Clarke was coming in regardless and  however you dress it up Pearson was eventually sacrificed as Boyce did go. Those are the facts.

Pearson went some time ( 2 months) before Boyce finally agreed to leave!

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2018, 8:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
My view? Pearson!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
chaos33
March 9, 2018, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
You can see that they were both good defenders in their day. The problem is that their day has gone and if it's straight forward defending with the game in front of them, they are fine. When the play gets behind them, they are not quick enough, or agile enough to recover. Neither would be at this level if they were still the defenders they once were. Collins looked really good last season, but age has caught up with him this season i think. Neither of them are terrible, but they just haven't got the mobility they once had.

He's right...

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
HertsGTFC
March 9, 2018, 9:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Stupidest thing is that Slade replaced Pearson with Clarke and gave him the arm band???

Not only did we lose a good player we lost the captain in waiting behind Dis.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
sonofmadeleymariner
March 9, 2018, 10:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Collins, this is probably his last season, its starting to show, but CLarke looks like last season should of been his last.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarke or Collins?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.