2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
March 3, 2018, 9:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Got to win next Saturday. A bit of confidence is desperately needed and it's a wimnable game against a team we've already beaten, who are in nearly as poor a form as we are and who are getting sucked right in as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
RonMariner
March 3, 2018, 10:54pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
Once again I feel I have to vent about how much I really hate Russell Slade for creating this mess, and most probably dooming the club to non league thanks to his gormless hatchet job on the squad.

I despised his style of play first time round, and hated the way he left. despite all the bull which has been said about it since, I still feel he screwed up what appeared to be sure promotion in 2006, and then proceeded to demonstrate why he has never won a play off final, and now never will.

Given his relative success at Brighton and Orient, and the fact he managed Cardiff to 8th in the championship, I naïvely thought he might do a good job here.  I should have listened to the Coventry fans. Some of his tactics are just plain stupid. That business of leaving no one up when defending a corner for example. It was farcical.

Slade, aided and abetted by an apparently equally hopeless Wilkinson, has all but destroyed us.

If we do go down we should not blame Jolley. He has inherited a real hospital pass of shite here.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
sydney
March 3, 2018, 11:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
I don't want to go down 😢
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
headingly_mariner
March 4, 2018, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RonMariner
Once again I feel I have to vent about how much I really hate Russell Slade for creating this mess, and most probably dooming the club to non league thanks to his gormless hatchet job on the squad.

I despised his style of play first time round, and hated the way he left. despite all the bull which has been said about it since, I still feel he screwed up what appeared to be sure promotion in 2006, and then proceeded to demonstrate why he has never won a play off final, and now never will.

Given his relative success at Brighton and Orient, and the fact he managed Cardiff to 8th in the championship, I naïvely thought he might do a good job here.  I should have listened to the Coventry fans. Some of his tactics are just plain stupid. That business of leaving no one up when defending a corner for example. It was farcical.

Slade, aided and abetted by an apparently equally hopeless Wilkinson, has all but destroyed us.

If we do go down we should not blame Jolley. He has inherited a real hospital pass of shite here.    

He was only a symptom of the problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
grimsby pete
March 4, 2018, 2:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob

Brechin are worse, then have 1 point, but they are Scottish  

That's what I meant there is another team worse than us somewhere,

Don't tell Les  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worst team in England in 2018

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.