Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, March 3, 2018, 6:27pm
Grimsby have 2 points in 2018, that's the worst record in any of the top  5 English divisions

Grimsby     2
MK Dons     3
Maidstone United     3
Fleetwood Town     4
Guiseley     4
West Brom     4
Port Vale     4
Rochdale     4
Hartlepool     5
Bradford     5
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 3, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 1
So Barnet and Chesterfield are not in that list and we're hoping to beat them!
Posted by: GrimRob, March 3, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58
So Barnet and Chesterfield are not in that list and we're hoping to beat them!

This is just League 2 in 2018. Just shows how MASSIVE Saturday is

Grimsby     2
Port Vale     4
Barnet     9
Cheltenham     9
Chesterfield     9
Morecambe     10
Lincoln City     10
Colchester     10
Crewe     10
Yeovil     11
Stevenage     12
Newport County     12
Cambridge Utd     13
Coventry     13
Notts County     14
Forest Green     16
Exeter     16
Luton     18
Swindon     19
Mansfield     20
Carlisle     20
Crawley Town     21
Wycombe     22
Accrington Stanley     25
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 3, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 3
You mean there is a worse team out there somewhere Rob ?
Posted by: RonMariner, March 3, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

No. he is saying we are the worst.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 3, 2018, 7:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

Brechin are worse, then have 1 point, but they are Scottish  :)
Posted by: wembley_double98, March 3, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 6
Wow, are we really that surprised?
Posted by: RonMariner, March 3, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 7
The one crumb of comfort is that, despite how dire our results have been, Barnet and Chesterfield have only gained 7 points on us in over two months. so we don't need much of an improvement to stay ahead of them.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 3, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from RonMariner
The one crumb of comfort is that, despite how dire our results have been, Barnet and Chesterfield have only gained 7 points on us in over two months. so we don't need much of an improvement to stay ahead of them.

We still have to play them both though so if we lose the gap will be very narrow, if not in their favour.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 3, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 9
Does that mean Bignots got more points at Chester
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 3, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 10
Got to win next Saturday. A bit of confidence is desperately needed and it's a wimnable game against a team we've already beaten, who are in nearly as poor a form as we are and who are getting sucked right in as well.
Posted by: RonMariner, March 3, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 11
Once again I feel I have to vent about how much I really hate Russell Slade for creating this mess, and most probably dooming the club to non league thanks to his gormless hatchet job on the squad.

I despised his style of play first time round, and hated the way he left. despite all the bull which has been said about it since, I still feel he screwed up what appeared to be sure promotion in 2006, and then proceeded to demonstrate why he has never won a play off final, and now never will.

Given his relative success at Brighton and Orient, and the fact he managed Cardiff to 8th in the championship, I naïvely thought he might do a good job here.  I should have listened to the Coventry fans. Some of his tactics are just plain stupid. That business of leaving no one up when defending a corner for example. It was farcical.

Slade, aided and abetted by an apparently equally hopeless Wilkinson, has all but destroyed us.

If we do go down we should not blame Jolley. He has inherited a real hospital pass of shite here.    
Posted by: sydney, March 3, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 12
I don't want to go down 😢
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 4, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from RonMariner
Once again I feel I have to vent about how much I really hate Russell Slade for creating this mess, and most probably dooming the club to non league thanks to his gormless hatchet job on the squad.

I despised his style of play first time round, and hated the way he left. despite all the bull which has been said about it since, I still feel he screwed up what appeared to be sure promotion in 2006, and then proceeded to demonstrate why he has never won a play off final, and now never will.

Given his relative success at Brighton and Orient, and the fact he managed Cardiff to 8th in the championship, I naïvely thought he might do a good job here.  I should have listened to the Coventry fans. Some of his tactics are just plain stupid. That business of leaving no one up when defending a corner for example. It was farcical.

Slade, aided and abetted by an apparently equally hopeless Wilkinson, has all but destroyed us.

If we do go down we should not blame Jolley. He has inherited a real hospital pass of shite here.    

He was only a symptom of the problem.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 4, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GrimRob

Brechin are worse, then have 1 point, but they are Scottish  :)

That's what I meant there is another team worse than us somewhere,

Don't tell Les  ;)
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:02pm