Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 290 Guests

Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.

This thread currently has 4,031 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
OneLove
February 23, 2018, 10:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Enough is enough? Enough is enough of these performances, why are people sticking up for these lads when they carnt string one win together, its disgraceful. We pay towards their wages each week and if they are playing shite like they are then they should accept the anger from us fans who stick by the club, they can come and go as they please but we carnt, we support one club for life. Everyone should grow some knackers on our current situation, you don't get anywhere in life being a soft bottom.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 10:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from OneLove
Enough is enough? Enough is enough of these performances, why are people sticking up for these lads when they carnt string one win together, its disgraceful. We pay towards their wages each week and if they are playing shite like they are then they should accept the anger from us fans who stick by the club, they can come and go as they please but we carnt, we support one club for life. Everyone should grow some knackers on our current situation, you don't get anywhere in life being a soft bottom.  

Well presumably because they realise were stuck with them come hell or high water til May and season end? Does barracking help or just make the angry fan feel a bit better having wasted £20? The best players have been sold or loaned out barring Dembele and Macca we need to retain league status NO MATTER WHAT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
jock dock tower
February 23, 2018, 10:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from OneLove

Because they play to the manager's instruction, that's why. If they don't do as he says they don't get games. End of, it really is that simple. Get a manager in who knows how to man manage folk properly, and motivate with good training and tactics and we're away. Until then I hope Wilko can do something of a similar nature.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
grimsby pete
February 23, 2018, 11:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jock dock tower

Because they play to the manager's instruction, that's why. If they don't do as he says they don't get games. End of, it really is that simple. Get a manager in who knows how to man manage folk properly, and motivate with good training and tactics and we're away. Until then I hope Wilko can do something of a similar nature.

Fully agree John,

I hope Wilko goes for 2 wingers tomorrow now Dembele is fit with DJ on the other side,

When Slade first tried that we came from behind and won plus it was the only time this season we won 3 on the trot,

Then Slade reverted back to his default mode and we know what happened,

Go for it Wilko lets at least try and win a game or two.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Northbank Mariner
February 23, 2018, 11:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I read all these posts and take on board all that is said, but i have to think to myself that somewhere between what is seen happening on the training ground and the dressing room pre match pep talk is getting lost in translation.
You cannot tell me that with the years of experience that Wilko, Dave Moore and the senior pros in the squad have cannot be translated into a performance with some sort of a resemblance of tactically awareness
The game is simple, if you look at what Graham Potter has done with Osterunds in beating a strong Arsenal team then surely the players we have, if steered in the right direction, can beat any team in what is a far from a strong League 2 in terms of the teams involved.
We as fans need to give it our all at BP and hopefully if we are positive then that will feed down to the players and give them the shot up the backside they need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from northbankmariner
I read all these posts and take on board all that is said, but i have to think to myself that somewhere between what is seen happening on the training ground and the dressing room pre match pep talk is getting lost in translation.
You cannot tell me that with the years of experience that Wilko, Dave Moore and the senior pros in the squad have cannot be translated into a performance with some sort of a resemblance of tactically awareness
The game is simple, if you look at what Graham Potter has done with Osterunds in beating a strong Arsenal team then surely the players we have, if steered in the right direction, can beat any team in what is a far from a strong League 2 in terms of the teams involved.
We as fans need to give it our all at BP and hopefully if we are positive then that will feed down to the players and give them the shot up the backside they need.

two way street though the fans feed off the players as well and the crowd doesn`t need to be big.Earlier against Swindon we came out the blocks like an express train and even though we went behind the crowd stuck with it cos you could sense we would score or at the very least we had them on the rack.That was a Swindon side that was doing well we can beat Exeter but we need some tempo and some guts to see it through.We moan we groan but we all would love Wilko to come away with some wins and become a serious contender for the job.A long while ago John Cockerill should have got that honour he got the team fired up and with it the crowd C`mon Wilko make the job yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
OneLove
February 23, 2018, 11:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well presumably because they realise were stuck with them come hell or high water til May and season end? Does barracking help or just make the angry fan feel a bit better having wasted £20? The best players have been sold or loaned out barring Dembele and Macca we need to retain league status NO MATTER WHAT

Its frustration and anger that at the end of the day you've paid to go watch your club under perform week in week out. Come on we all know that its not like hell for these lads, the backing is there its just the lack of fight, leadership and plan b or c thats never shown that gets my back up and a majority of others too. Ive supported town all me life like you probably have and Im at a boiling point, I stopped going which killed me while Slade was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 12:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from OneLove

Its frustration and anger that at the end of the day you've paid to go watch your club under perform week in week out. Come on we all know that its not like hell for these lads, the backing is there its just the lack of fight, leadership and plan b or c thats never shown that gets my back up and a majority of others too. Ive supported town all me life like you probably have and Im at a boiling point, I stopped going which killed me while Slade was here.

I can`t make tomorrow`s game but for the first time in a long time I want to be there which is a good sign.Wilko needs a performance tomorrow and hopefully a win.Slade was a disaster but he has gone if nowt else that`s a positive for the home crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Northbank Mariner
February 23, 2018, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
It
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.