Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 226 Guests

Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.

This thread currently has 4,024 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
February 23, 2018, 12:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
FAT FINGERS!!!!..

It can only be taken as positive if Wilko has rid himself of any advice that Slade gave him regarding tactics and how to pass a football.
The biggest positive for myself is at least the quality of the burgers has improved!!...
All said and done we are the mighty GTFC and we will get through this and hopefully come out the other side as one with the team, shame that while JF is here we will never be at one with the board!

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 6:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Please forget about our useless Board and urine poor management,

Go out on Saturday and give your all and score a goal or 2,

You will find the fans are easy to please just show effort and commitment and they will back you 100%

Or in Bentley's case 1,000,000,000%

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
crusty ole pie
February 22, 2018, 7:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
I gave you a tick Pete can’t believe you got red crosses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
Cloudy
February 22, 2018, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Can't you?

This is the same guy giving the players all manner of shite on here after last Saturday's game!!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
Pouton4ever
February 22, 2018, 7:28pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from Cloudy

Can't you?

This is the same guy giving the players all manner of shite on here after last Saturday's game!!

Maybe he a decided , like we all should, that enough is enough and it's time for a different attitude?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 7:29pm

Exile
Quoted from Cloudy

Can't you?

I never called or boo'd them or worse made any gestures at the game though, they only got my support,

The forum is the place to vent your anger don't you agree.?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
jock dock tower
February 22, 2018, 7:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Enough is enough with the players. The more abuse they get the more the self fulfilling the jibes become. Just imagine being in your own workplace and folk telling you you're shite, that you're worthless, and that they were going to give your wife a good seeing to? You probably wouldnt like it, and it certainly wouldn't give you the impetus to try and make a better fist of it - just to please them. Players play to managerial systems, if they don't the manager gives them it in the neck and they're probably very quickly on their way. They earn a living like anyone else, only it seems they're fair game to a few folk who don't paly by the same rules as everyone else.

Pete's right in his assertion to get behind them. Slagging them off all the while will only hasten the exit via the trap door to the National League.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
grimsby pete
February 22, 2018, 7:38pm

Exile
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Thank you Crusty but it does not matter what I put some sad guys will red cross me,

Some do not like me but I am from Grimsby I do not care  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Ipswin
February 22, 2018, 7:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Can't you?

That's the point, any moaning and groaning from Pete was on here AFTER the game, no abuse or booing during the match (he just bent my ear for 90 minutes!  

Actually that's not true me and Swin Jnr copulated off after the second goal

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
Marinerz93
February 22, 2018, 7:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jock dock tower
Enough is enough with the players. The more abuse they get the more the self fulfilling the jibes become. Just imagine being in your own workplace and folk telling you you're shite, that you're worthless, and that they were going to give your wife a good seeing to? You probably wouldnt like it, and it certainly wouldn't give you the impetus to try and make a better fist of it - just to please them. Players play to managerial systems, if they don't the manager gives them it in the neck and they're probably very quickly on their way. They earn a living like anyone else, only it seems they're fair game to a few folk who don't paly by the same rules as everyone else.

Pete's right in his assertion to get behind them. Slagging them off all the while will only hasten the exit via the trap door to the National League.

It's not the Town fans fault we are were we are, if the players can't take a bit of grief as Town fans can abide wage stealer's or players who don't give a fig then we have signed too many losers that have losing as a trait.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 7:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

Thank you Crusty but it does not matter what I put some sad guys will red cross me,

Some do not like me but I am from Grimsby I do not care  

It's nothing personal Pete but, for the same reason the fans shouldn't need to be pleaded to nor should the players. Some of them are, at the very least, playing for their careers.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
Gaffer58
February 22, 2018, 7:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's nothing personal Pete but, for the same reason the fans shouldn't need to be pleaded to nor should the players. Some of them are, at the very least, playing for their careers.

Am afraid the majority of this lots careers will be either conference or retirement after this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Les Brechin
February 22, 2018, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
And don't bother having a bloody huddle before kick-off.

Everything that needs to be said to motivate you should be said in the changing room before kick-off.

That huddle does not work!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
barralad
February 22, 2018, 9:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

It's not the Town fans fault we are were we are, if the players can't take a bit of grief as Town fans can abide wage stealer's or players who don't give a fig then we have signed too many losers that have losing as a trait.

I've been to the majority of games this season and all but two of the winless run and I simply do not recognise the "wage stealer" or "couldn't give a toss" descriptors.  In 2009/10 it was obvious that some were doing exactly that.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
MuddyWaters
February 22, 2018, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from barralad

I've been to the majority of games this season and all but two of the winless run and I simply do not recognise the "wage stealer" or "couldn't give a toss" descriptors.  In 2009/10 it was obvious that some were doing exactly that.

So Ian, do you think we've been unlucky (got past a coincidence some time ago) or that our squad is not good enough?
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2018, 11:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So Ian, do you think we've been unlucky (got past a coincidence some time ago) or that our squad is not good enough?

It could be poor leadership and poor organisation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
AdamHaddock
February 23, 2018, 1:23am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,803
Gold Stars: 25
Gandalf's plea to town players...

"You shall pass!"

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2018, 8:05am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Les Brechin
And don't bother having a bloody huddle before kick-off.

Everything that needs to be said to motivate you should be said in the changing room before kick-off.

That huddle does not work!

I’d go one step further Les and say if your not motivated on the morning if a game then give your shirt to someone who is.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
HertsGTFC
February 23, 2018, 8:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It could be poor leadership and poor organisation.

Interesting point, I agree we have had a real lack of leadership on and off the park.

Also though I think we’ve been too organised at times on the pitch and that had seen some players paralysed by Fred of deviating from Slades grand plan.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
friskneymariner
February 23, 2018, 9:57am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Interesting point, I agree we have had a real lack of leadership on and off the park.

Also though I think we’ve been too organised at times on the pitch and that had seen some players paralysed by Fred of deviating from Slades grand plan.

This Fred is a right dirty B****stard.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
OneLove
February 23, 2018, 10:06am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Enough is enough? Enough is enough of these performances, why are people sticking up for these lads when they carnt string one win together, its disgraceful. We pay towards their wages each week and if they are playing shite like they are then they should accept the anger from us fans who stick by the club, they can come and go as they please but we carnt, we support one club for life. Everyone should grow some knackers on our current situation, you don't get anywhere in life being a soft bottom.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 10:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from OneLove
Enough is enough? Enough is enough of these performances, why are people sticking up for these lads when they carnt string one win together, its disgraceful. We pay towards their wages each week and if they are playing shite like they are then they should accept the anger from us fans who stick by the club, they can come and go as they please but we carnt, we support one club for life. Everyone should grow some knackers on our current situation, you don't get anywhere in life being a soft bottom.  

Well presumably because they realise were stuck with them come hell or high water til May and season end? Does barracking help or just make the angry fan feel a bit better having wasted £20? The best players have been sold or loaned out barring Dembele and Macca we need to retain league status NO MATTER WHAT
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
jock dock tower
February 23, 2018, 10:51am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from OneLove

Because they play to the manager's instruction, that's why. If they don't do as he says they don't get games. End of, it really is that simple. Get a manager in who knows how to man manage folk properly, and motivate with good training and tactics and we're away. Until then I hope Wilko can do something of a similar nature.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
grimsby pete
February 23, 2018, 11:08am

Exile
Quoted from jock dock tower

Because they play to the manager's instruction, that's why. If they don't do as he says they don't get games. End of, it really is that simple. Get a manager in who knows how to man manage folk properly, and motivate with good training and tactics and we're away. Until then I hope Wilko can do something of a similar nature.

Fully agree John,

I hope Wilko goes for 2 wingers tomorrow now Dembele is fit with DJ on the other side,

When Slade first tried that we came from behind and won plus it was the only time this season we won 3 on the trot,

Then Slade reverted back to his default mode and we know what happened,

Go for it Wilko lets at least try and win a game or two.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Northbank Mariner
February 23, 2018, 11:23am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
I read all these posts and take on board all that is said, but i have to think to myself that somewhere between what is seen happening on the training ground and the dressing room pre match pep talk is getting lost in translation.
You cannot tell me that with the years of experience that Wilko, Dave Moore and the senior pros in the squad have cannot be translated into a performance with some sort of a resemblance of tactically awareness
The game is simple, if you look at what Graham Potter has done with Osterunds in beating a strong Arsenal team then surely the players we have, if steered in the right direction, can beat any team in what is a far from a strong League 2 in terms of the teams involved.
We as fans need to give it our all at BP and hopefully if we are positive then that will feed down to the players and give them the shot up the backside they need.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from northbankmariner
I read all these posts and take on board all that is said, but i have to think to myself that somewhere between what is seen happening on the training ground and the dressing room pre match pep talk is getting lost in translation.
You cannot tell me that with the years of experience that Wilko, Dave Moore and the senior pros in the squad have cannot be translated into a performance with some sort of a resemblance of tactically awareness
The game is simple, if you look at what Graham Potter has done with Osterunds in beating a strong Arsenal team then surely the players we have, if steered in the right direction, can beat any team in what is a far from a strong League 2 in terms of the teams involved.
We as fans need to give it our all at BP and hopefully if we are positive then that will feed down to the players and give them the shot up the backside they need.

two way street though the fans feed off the players as well and the crowd doesn`t need to be big.Earlier against Swindon we came out the blocks like an express train and even though we went behind the crowd stuck with it cos you could sense we would score or at the very least we had them on the rack.That was a Swindon side that was doing well we can beat Exeter but we need some tempo and some guts to see it through.We moan we groan but we all would love Wilko to come away with some wins and become a serious contender for the job.A long while ago John Cockerill should have got that honour he got the team fired up and with it the crowd C`mon Wilko make the job yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
OneLove
February 23, 2018, 11:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Well presumably because they realise were stuck with them come hell or high water til May and season end? Does barracking help or just make the angry fan feel a bit better having wasted £20? The best players have been sold or loaned out barring Dembele and Macca we need to retain league status NO MATTER WHAT

Its frustration and anger that at the end of the day you've paid to go watch your club under perform week in week out. Come on we all know that its not like hell for these lads, the backing is there its just the lack of fight, leadership and plan b or c thats never shown that gets my back up and a majority of others too. Ive supported town all me life like you probably have and Im at a boiling point, I stopped going which killed me while Slade was here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
1mickylyons
February 23, 2018, 12:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from OneLove

Its frustration and anger that at the end of the day you've paid to go watch your club under perform week in week out. Come on we all know that its not like hell for these lads, the backing is there its just the lack of fight, leadership and plan b or c thats never shown that gets my back up and a majority of others too. Ive supported town all me life like you probably have and Im at a boiling point, I stopped going which killed me while Slade was here.

I can`t make tomorrow`s game but for the first time in a long time I want to be there which is a good sign.Wilko needs a performance tomorrow and hopefully a win.Slade was a disaster but he has gone if nowt else that`s a positive for the home crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Northbank Mariner
February 23, 2018, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
It
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Pete's Plea To The Players.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.