6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
mike_d
February 20, 2018, 12:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +390
Gold Stars: 4
Just to say I shared the article about him on the Lampeter Uni alumni Facebook site (the Lampeter Society if you're interested).

Apart from the condolences, this comment was directly related to Steve's time there.

David Young: "So sad to read this. I remember "Perce" Plowes very well. He was very keen on the "Aber Run" every Saturday night.

It was people from Lampy making the 29 mile journey to the Aber Union Bar / Dance to see what they might make happen!"

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
Futchfan
February 20, 2018, 3:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +31
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Just to say great that RH acknowledged Steve`s passing during commentary last Saturday and the many tributes to him show what he meant.UTM

Thats really great. I wasn't aware of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
BarrySheene
February 24, 2018, 6:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +5
I was messaged today by an old school friend/classmate. Very sad news. Steve Plowes (Plowsey or Plowes, as we referred to him), was a character and I think we all remember him well, and fondly. He taught me in the late 80's, early 90's (English). One of the tricks we used to pull was to ask him about how Grimsby were getting on, this would inevitably lead to 40 minutes of him talking about Grimsby, so we never did any work. I remember he caught me forging teachers signatures and gave me the most massive of b*llockings, and a Saturday detention, this was in my first year at senior school. I occasionally meet up with old friends from my year group and Plowsey will crop up in conversation. I'm sure I speak for everybody who was taught by him at King Edwards in Lytham, when I say its sad to hear of his passing.

RIP Steve Plowes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Steve Plowes

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.