5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
February 13, 2018, 3:07am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
I get the impression he isn't a yes man. We could do worse?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 48
Mikey_345
February 13, 2018, 7:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 105
Can we stop calling Phil Brown a journey man?

Whilst he certainly isn’t my preferred choice (Stockdale if you’re wondering) he’s only managed 5 teams since ‘99. One of which was as a caretaker (Bolton I think). Of the 4 he’s managed full time 2 were for over 4 years.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 48
Vance Warner
February 13, 2018, 7:42am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,796
Gold Stars: 102
Big personality which could be exactly what we need in the short term to keep us up. I'd be tempted to give him 6 months. Robbie Stockdale could be a good long term appointment but his lack of experience would be a risk in our current situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 48
buckstown
February 13, 2018, 8:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
This discussion illustrates why I don'y envy JF in the decision making process, and why he should engage the trust.
At least we know from his experience that Phil Brown can lead footballers. We know Robbie Stockdale is a good coach but that doesn't mean he's a leader.
There are loads of great coaches who failed as managers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 48
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 8:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from buckstown
This discussion illustrates why I don'y envy JF in the decision making process, and why he should engage the trust.
At least we know from his experience that Phil Brown can lead footballers. We know Robbie Stockdale is a good coach but that doesn't mean he's a leader.
There are loads of great coaches who failed as managers.

The Trust have no more idea than he does in terms of appointing a Manager.That board need some sort of football experience sat on it the obvious people for me are Alan Buckley,John Mcdermott and Gary Croft  they all live local and have played and managed at various levels get one or all of them involved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 48
Roast Em Bobby
February 13, 2018, 8:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
Let the fishy five decide the new manager, then we can all moan at them if it goes wrong
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 48
Grimsby2012
February 13, 2018, 8:27am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Sorry, but i don't agree with some of the people on here question his persona.

So what if the's egotistical. A lot of football players are. Yes, it's not the best personality in the world, but it's good to have confidence in what you do.

Look at Jose Mourinho and Pep. They're both similar in attitude and both come across "All about them". Yet they get the best out of the players and are 100% in what they do.

I prefer to judge a manager who has confidence and a performance record to match in their managerial duty's.

I am neither a disliker or liker of Brown. I'm just open to seeing what transpires as he has a good record of promotion and is confident in his approach.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 48
moosey_club
February 13, 2018, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Just driven down Grimsby Rd and seen the tanning shop just take delivery of a new high powered booth.....

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 48
Garth
February 13, 2018, 9:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Problem with Phil Brown is that he will be looking over his shoulder all of the time at the likes of bigger prospects in a higher league, and in doing so will have only one eye on the ball
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 48
1mickylyons
February 13, 2018, 9:30am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Garth
Problem with Phil Brown is that he will be looking over his shoulder all of the time at the likes of bigger prospects in a higher league, and in doing so will have only one eye on the ball

You make a good point and this is why the Cowley`s have done so well the Lincoln fans feel relaxed that they won`t go anywhere except a much bigger Club and they believe they will see the job through. That type of Manager is what we need someone to build us up properly and get the Youth coming through I want to see young energetic players who want to play for the Club getting in the team.Not journeymen who don`t give a sh1t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.