This thread currently has 14,677 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
February 12, 2018, 8:41pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,513
Gold Stars: 173
It’s almost so insane that it’s inevitable.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 73
February 17, 2018, 8:33pm
Guest User
Scraped a draw from being 3 nil down last week. Lost today.

Are there still people out there that would like this guy as our manager?

Incidentally, our chief scout was watching Boston United last week. The question is, was he looking at players? If so then who for, as we are managerless? Or was he possibly casting an eye over Elliot’s set up and touchline performance, maybe reporting on what he’s seen for Mr Fenty ???
Reply: 41 - 73
Mariner Ronnie
February 17, 2018, 8:36pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82
All you have to do is look at the Cowley brothers for me and it's proof it works.

Let's get an upcoming fresh manager and not one that's been sacked a thousand times.

Like Paul Hurst?

You didn’t like him either though did you?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 73
Grim74
February 17, 2018, 8:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Shilts
Of all names mentioned already my vote goes to Craig Elliot at Boston.

Sick of journeyman players and managers on the merry go round. Why get a bigger name manager that had success once with a club in league 1 but has since been hired and fired from 5 different jobs in the last 10yrs.

Instead get a winner from leagues below (Lincoln should know that), and all our previous best came as winners from below, Buckley and Hurst were nobody's till they came here (when I say nobody's, I mean managers on the up with proven records, but as yet unknown to us)

There's plenty out there that know only success and promotion, a la cowleys.

It would be a rapid rise for elliot, he was managing Shaw Lane a season ago!!!

But won 3 promotions with them in 4 seasons and left for Boston when they were 3pts off top with games in hand.

Now he's completely turned Boston round from a situation just like oirs currently. Want a bit of that.

Someone use to a budget as well and knows the lower leagues.

Not another Slade type.

If Fenty can't get an appointment right or do the relevant checks, clearly the Boston chairman can, and has an eye for a manager (Hurst, now Elliot), so if we poach their managers u know that the manager has been vetted by a competent chairman also.

intercourse it let's just sign the chairman

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 73
arryarryarry
February 17, 2018, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 120790
Scraped a draw from being 3 nil down last week. Lost today.

Are there still people out there that would like this guy as our manager?

Incidentally, our chief scout was watching Boston United last week. The question is, was he looking at players? If so then who for, as we are managerless? Or was he possibly casting an eye over Elliot’s set up and touchline performance, maybe reporting on what he’s seen for Mr Fenty ???

We have a  chief scout?

If he was involved in signing some of the crap we have  now he should be sacked as well
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 73
HertsGTFC
February 17, 2018, 11:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from arryarryarry

We have a  chief scout?

If he was involved in signing some of the crap we have  now he should be sacked as well

Yes he's just got his badges for sewing on buttons, bob a job and lighting fires!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 73
Davec
February 18, 2018, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Graham Rodger is our chief scout
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 73
lukeo
February 18, 2018, 7:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Maybe it's just me but apart from going part time to full time what's the different jumping 2 divisions? You can still use the same approach, still have the same amount of players who start a game etc. I can understand a footballer it's a big jump as you're playing against fitter, more experienced players on the field.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 73
Mrs Doyle
February 18, 2018, 7:32am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Boston will place a big fee on Elliot after the last shenanigans between Fenty and Boston.

If Fenty wants him he is going to have to dig deep into his pocket something I don't think he will be prepared to do, then he has to persuade him to somehow live on a rolling contract.

Make no bones about it I reckon we are in the shat money wise after this disastrous season.

Even if we survive this season WTF we are going to do next season I don't know, we really are in shitcreek with only half a paddle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 73
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 18, 2018, 7:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from lukeo
Maybe it's just me but apart from going part time to full time what's the different jumping 2 divisions? You can still use the same approach, still have the same amount of players who start a game etc. I can understand a footballer it's a big jump as you're playing against fitter, more experienced players on the field.

Why are you not head teacher of eton, Oxford university or even UWE?

Probably the same jump as you mentioned in jobs

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Elliot

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.