TAGG
February 11, 2018, 3:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,967
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from golfer
Nobody is coming up with any sensible solutions. How to get rid of a manager without breaking the bank

There has been.

Seeing as Mr Fenty wanted the fellow back and gave him a contract which I think everyone can now agree was stupid(Fenty won't reveal because he's probably embarrassed) then Fenty should be a man, put his hand up and admit it was a stupid decision and then pay Slade off out of his own pocket.
Fenty has this money as he has taken over 200k out of the club recently.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
friskneymariner
February 11, 2018, 3:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Got to be joking about Newell,his issues were an open secret,all he had to do was to ask any Luton fan.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
TAGG
February 11, 2018, 3:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,967
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from friskneymariner
Got to be joking about Newell,his issues were an open secret,all he had to do was to ask any Luton fan.

and Hartlepool

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
grimsby pete
February 11, 2018, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
For the few who think Slade is not on a long contract,

Why has no mention ever been made on the length even when Fenty has been asked again and again,

My theory is Slade signed for 3years and a bit when he joined last year,

So that means he has 2 years left,

Will he except a 6 month pay off ? I don't think so,

A years salary will be needed for him to leave by mutual consent,

What is a years salary  ?    £100,000 I would imagine,

Please tell us if I am wrong Mr Fenty.

£100,000 is cheap if you calculate how much the club will lose if we go down or how much the crowds will stay away if we stay up under Slade.

Its a no brainer to me but I am not in charge.

What a load of balderdash  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
I don't have an issue with Fenty as I believe his heart is in the club 100% and I see no viable alternative. Yes some of his decisions and 'PR' frustrates me but we could have someone much worse... he has got it right (Hurst despite many fans wanting him gone) and we are back in the FL.

However, whilst my tendency is to give managers more time than most would (I don't like the swapping and changing culture of modern football, you do need time to build), I have had enough of this and fear relegation if we continue: get him gone Fenty: Slade OUT before it's too late!
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY
I don't have an issue with Fenty as I believe his heart is in the club 100% and I see no viable alternative. Yes some of his decisions and 'PR' frustrates me but we could have someone much worse... he has got it right (Hurst despite many fans wanting him gone) and we are back in the FL.

However, whilst my tendency is to give managers more time than most would (I don't like the swapping and changing culture of modern football, you do need time to build), I have had enough of this and fear relegation if we continue: get him gone Fenty: Slade OUT before it's too late!

As if on cue... thank God for that! UTM
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

As if on cue... thank God for that! UTM
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
rancido
February 11, 2018, 6:37pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from rancido

I've never bought into this long ,well paid contract theory , especially after only 6 month rolling contracts were offered to the 2 previous managers.

Confirmed in the official GTFC statement that Slade was on a 6 month rolling contract. Seems like some poster on this site was reporting " fake news " - I suggest he sticks to his chosen sport !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
rancido
February 11, 2018, 6:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from grimsby pete
For the few who think Slade is not on a long contract,

Why has no mention ever been made on the length even when Fenty has been asked again and again,

My theory is Slade signed for 3years and a bit when he joined last year,

So that means he has 2 years left,

Will he except a 6 month pay off ? I don't think so,

A years salary will be needed for him to leave by mutual consent,

What is a years salary  ?    £100,000 I would imagine,

Please tell us if I am wrong Mr Fenty.

£100,000 is cheap if you calculate how much the club will lose if we go down or how much the crowds will stay away if we stay up under Slade.

Its a no brainer to me but I am not in charge.

What a load of balderdash  

Well that is another theory " blown to sh*t " !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Defending Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.