6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
TAGG
February 10, 2018, 9:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Judging by the amount of red crosses on any post remotely criticising Fenty there must still be people who think he has done a good job while hes been running things.
Can one or more of you enlighten me on what good he’s done for our club, how he has pushed our club on to greater things and how you think he will be a positive taking Town forward from the mess we are in now??

I am baffled how anyone still thinks Mr Fenty is or ever has been any good whatsoever for our club.

Ye never know I may change my mind if a good case is put forward.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Madeleymariner
February 10, 2018, 9:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
I think the issue is personal insults and the idea that if he left tomorrow then everything will be great and we will rise up the leagues like a phoenix from the flames. He wont go without his money and nor would most other people (inc a lot of posters on here that say he should) so its time we got real. I want a new board/chair/investment as much as anyone but it is way more complicated than him packing his bags and shutting the door behind him, a lot of posters on here need to get into the real world. I await the XXXX
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
Dan
February 10, 2018, 9:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
None of you have either the money or a viable plan to replace him, so you’re all just pissing in the wind.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2018, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Dan
None of you have either the money or a viable plan to replace him, so you’re all just pissing in the wind.

I'd rather urine in the wind than try and justify fifteen years of failure.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
Dan
February 10, 2018, 9:22pm

Exile
Cool, well you just bash out some more abuse from your keyboard then and lets see where that gets us.

I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
Marinerz93
February 10, 2018, 9:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Dan

It feels like Fenty is pissing into the wind and the club is down stream getting covered in urine.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
February 10, 2018, 9:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Dan
Cool, well you just bash out some more abuse from your keyboard then and lets see where that gets us.

Abuse my bottom, he has been fair as have the vast majority of us. John Fenty is failing us massively, and has done for 14 years. Well done on your Dulwich picture, it's a pleasure to see it on a GTFC forum.
Reply: 6 - 58
TAGG
February 10, 2018, 9:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Sorry Dan that’s not moved me.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
Dan
February 10, 2018, 9:29pm

Exile
Quoted from 75

Abuse my bottom, he has been fair as have the vast majority of us. John Fenty is failing us massively, and has done for 14 years. Well done on your Dulwich picture, it's a pleasure to see it on a GTFC forum.

Cool, look forward to seeing your takeover proposal.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2018, 9:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Not abusive - we've gone backwards under the current custodians of the club - fact. Since Bignot was sacked, things have got a whole lot worse.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
Dan
February 10, 2018, 9:36pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not abusive - we've gone backwards under the current custodians of the club - fact. Since Bignot was sacked, things have got a whole lot worse.

Well that’s true. Any joy of supporting the club left with Paul Hurst if you ask me. But until we have a viable alternative plan, we have to work with Fenty. Winding him up and constantly calling for him to go isn’t constructive, if anything it just exacerbated the negativity.

I’m not pro Fenty per se, just anti making things worse. I’d probably support any considered and well backed takeover, but it’s not coming is it?

Edit: Also, Slade out.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
RoboCod
February 10, 2018, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Dan

Well that’s true. Any joy of supporting the club left with Paul Hurst if you ask me. But until we have a viable alternative plan, we have to work with Fenty. Winding him up and constantly calling for him to go isn’t constructive, if anything it just exacerbated the negativity.

I’m not pro Fenty per se, just anti making things worse. I’d probably support any considered and well backed takeover, but it’s not coming is it?

You may have this the wrong way round. Mr Fenty clearly requested people wound him up, brought it on, keyboard warriors and so forth as he was ready to go 10 rounds with anyone. At the forum.
That forum night...the biggest mis-step I have ever witnessed a professional man make. Misguided, amateurish, not thought out thoroughly..awful. And we began our current journey down the pan that night. After the board's various party tricks that night I will never, ever trust them again.

He's brought this particular segment of the nightmare on himself, I continue in the hope that some consortium or takeover team will come forward.

Until there is no more GTFC I will have hope.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 10, 2018, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Dan

At least half of that is bollox, I have no money agreed but I know how to plan. Remember JF says he would move over if someone had "the wherewithal" how do you know he meant cash.

So a plan,

- Sack Slade and get someone else in, we're going down anyway which if you went today you would surely get.

- Restructure the business into a joint venture partnership model where a couple of investors with experience, competence, ideas and ambition could invest relatively small sums (£50K - £100K) each?) take over be paid a reasonable wage to do the job full time and be bonused and buy further equity using distributions out of any operating profit once a fair transfer budget had been set..

- The above will mean that JF still owns the B shares/fixed assets and in essence could still get his money back if we moved to a new ground.    

- Kids for a quid for the rest of the season and £5 for over 60's

- 10% reduction for next season for anyone re-mewing a season ticket.

- Kids season ticket for a small price (no more than £50 when bought with an adult season ticket next season

- Player back in the schools and factories.

- Close the car park next to the Findus give it to the Trust on a concession basis to use as a match day fan zone.

- Add more ladies toilets.

- Up weight to a truly inclusive community program..  

- Get a kit deal that allows us to buy at the same price small and often rather than buying in bulk at the start of the season and p1ssing away margin with a big sale at the end of the season.  

The list is endless...................

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
petethemariner
February 10, 2018, 9:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
It's been a while, almost 2 years in fact since I  have posted, but was it not Mr Fenty who has said in the past ' it's a results driven business'? I  would suggest that no wins since early December , 4 goals in our last 14 games and  3 points gained, plus a plummeting league position making us relegation candidates is not a 'result'',  if JF wants to make such statements he should at least be consistent, so Slade and his sidekick should go immediately, for the sake of the club. Loop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
LH
February 10, 2018, 10:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
A lot of the players will be in factories from May onwards although probably not in an ambassadorial role.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 10, 2018, 10:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Dan

Edit: Also, Slade out.

As RoboCod says, Mr Fenty has managed to create a toxic atmosphere with the fans before during & since the Fans Forum which he, and his pals, hijacked in a childish, puerile attempt to diss a journalist. Since then, he, his manager and the players have managed to diss him far more by making the appointment of Slade look foolish to the point of stupidity,

Don't get me wrong, I hate seeing our club in this state - but you might have hoped that someone might have learned from last time.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
lew chaterleys lover
February 10, 2018, 10:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
A lot of us said at the time that the Fans forum would come back to bite Fenty and Co. on the backside, and so it has turned out.

I suppose it is karma, if you believe that sort of thing, but it showed on camera just what an almighty mess the boardroom is and also any trust in the manager ebbed away with that ridiculous boring presentation and the attack on the journalist.

Everything that is wrong with the club was on show that night for the world to see, and it didn't seem to register with him at all, sitting there looking smug whilst everybody else was cringing.

It really is all too pathetic to bother with but this is a struggle for the clubs long (any) term future.

The manager has to go as a first step, and somehow Fenty must follow as soon as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
TAGG
February 10, 2018, 11:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Still no one defending Fentys record and trying to change my mind.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
RichMariner
February 10, 2018, 11:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,141
Gold Stars: 209
Fenty needs to accept that he won't get his loans back.

He's not running the club in a way that will bring money in because we have no assets to sell.

We've had one Omar Bogle in a decade. We need one a season to make enough of a profit so he can start clawing back the money he lost based on his bad decisions.

Fenty and his mates on social media are obsessed about money. No one else is rich enough apparently to run this club, so we should just stay where we're sat.

Accrington don't have a penny and they're pushing for promotion. It's not all about money. I'd argue knowing what to do with money is more important.

Fenty is irresponsible. The last 17 years of his tenure have been littered with bad decisions. It's been constant. No one can be unlucky over that period of time.

We don't have any sort of identity. If we invested cash in developing young players, bringing in the likes of Sam Jones, Jamey Osborne, improving Max Wright, Harry Clifton and then selling them on by playing them in the first team, putting them in the shop window, then we become less dependent on directors' loans.

We become self-sufficient, fans see some local lads in the black and white stripes, any profit we make is reinvested back into facilities, coaches and giving youth a chance, and the fans can see a long-term plan that they can understand and get behind.

It might not give us promotion to League 1 next season or the season after, but right now I'd take a stable and sustainable club with a happy fan base and a squad we recognise over this current soap opera.

Fenty, for as much as his heart's in the right place, is embarrassing himself and embarrassing the club. Slade is ruining what little good we had.

Things have to change and just because no one is a millionaire willing to step in, it doesn't mean there isn't another way.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
TheRealJohnLewis
February 11, 2018, 8:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from RichMariner
Fenty needs to accept that he won't get his loans back.

He's not running the club in a way that will bring money in because we have no assets to sell.

We've had one Omar Bogle in a decade. We need one a season to make enough of a profit so he can start clawing back the money he lost based on his bad decisions.

Fenty and his mates on social media are obsessed about money. No one else is rich enough apparently to run this club, so we should just stay where we're sat.

Accrington don't have a penny and they're pushing for promotion. It's not all about money. I'd argue knowing what to do with money is more important.

Fenty is irresponsible. The last 17 years of his tenure have been littered with bad decisions. It's been constant. No one can be unlucky over that period of time.

We don't have any sort of identity. If we invested cash in developing young players, bringing in the likes of Sam Jones, Jamey Osborne, improving Max Wright, Harry Clifton and then selling them on by playing them in the first team, putting them in the shop window, then we become less dependent on directors' loans.

We become self-sufficient, fans see some local lads in the black and white stripes, any profit we make is reinvested back into facilities, coaches and giving youth a chance, and the fans can see a long-term plan that they can understand and get behind.

It might not give us promotion to League 1 next season or the season after, but right now I'd take a stable and sustainable club with a happy fan base and a squad we recognise over this current soap opera.

Fenty, for as much as his heart's in the right place, is embarrassing himself and embarrassing the club. Slade is ruining what little good we had.

Things have to change and just because no one is a millionaire willing to step in, it doesn't mean there isn't another way.

What's our vision/mission/goals/objectives? What's our 1-2 year plan? What's our 2-5 year plan, What's our 5+ years plan?  Apart from the FentyDome is there any future planning? All the questions apply to on and off the pitch.

We need a vision so that everyone in the club from Chairman to YT to tea person can buy into and develop an ethos.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
golfer
February 11, 2018, 9:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Nobody is coming up with any sensible solutions. How to get rid of a manager without breaking the bank and how to get a new investor in without having to pay our debts to the present investor. We all seem like keyboard bankers who don't have any real inventive ideas '  On paper 2+2 =4  but in real life it is not. How can we come up with a sensible solution without knowing the relevant facts of contracts etc. Of course we all have our own wishes and ideas but if we knew the real facts our [sensible] ideas would surely change. At the moment JSF is our only chance of survival unless some rich [insane] money slinger awayer comes along
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2018, 9:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer
Nobody is coming up with any sensible solutions. How to get rid of a manager without breaking the bank and how to get a new investor in without having to pay our debts to the present investor. We all seem like keyboard bankers who don't have any real inventive ideas '  On paper 2+2 =4  but in real life it is not. How can we come up with a sensible solution without knowing the relevant facts of contracts etc. Of course we all have our own wishes and ideas but if we knew the real facts our [sensible] ideas would surely change. At the moment JSF is our only chance of survival unless some rich [insane] money slinger awayer comes along

So we carry on hoping that we might pick up a few points to avoid sleepwalking back into the Conference? Give me strength.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2018, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from golfer

We need Fenty to come up with the plan! He holds all the cards, but can make public that he is quite prepared to take a big hit for the good of the club he says he loves.The money he has wasted is his responsibility and it is quite unrealistic to expect somebody to pick up the tab for his mistakes. Had he made a success of it, then that would be a different matter, but he hasn't, sadly.

There is a compromise to every situation and it is up to the present board to start the ball rolling, and start actively looking for a way out that is a compromise on their part, which presumably will encourage other potential investors to make enquires.

We are absolutely doomed if Fenty thinks he can sit there till somebody comes up with the money he feels he is owed as that simply won't happen.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
golfer
February 11, 2018, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Sensible ,realistic.thoughtout,inhisshoes, solutions only please.What would you do truthfully casting out all personal hatred
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
dapperz fun pub
February 11, 2018, 10:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from golfer
Sensible ,realistic.thoughtout,inhisshoes, solutions only please.What would you do truthfully casting out all personal hatred

After nearly 2 decades of excrement I think fenty as got away pretty leniently tbh but here's what I'd do ...
, sack Slade today and appoint Dave Moore and Ben Davies , not ideal but we need to move fast . If they won't do it advertise it but act quickly within 7 days none of the due process excrement that never worked anyway, we have nothing to lose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 11:04am

Barley Wine Drinker

We need Fenty to come up with the plan! He holds all the cards, but can make public that he is quite prepared to take a big hit for the good of the club he says he loves.The money he has wasted is his responsibility and it is quite unrealistic to expect somebody to pick up the tab for his mistakes. Had he made a success of it, then that would be a different matter, but he hasn't, sadly.

There is a compromise to every situation and it is up to the present board to start the ball rolling, and start actively looking for a way out that is a compromise on their part, which presumably will encourage other potential investors to make enquires.

We are absolutely doomed if Fenty thinks he can sit there till somebody comes up with the money he feels he is owed as that simply won't happen.

Like I said in another post if he really wanted out and wasn't worried about getting his loans back at the same time he'd have appointed a paid MD to take the heat on a week by week basis. The potential fan base at GTFC is large enough for us to be sustainable at EFL level without putting millions in each year you just need the right figure at the helm.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
GrimRob
February 11, 2018, 11:08am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Like I said in another post if he really wanted out and wasn't worried about getting his loans back at the same time he'd have appointed a paid MD to take the heat on a week by week basis. The potential fan base at GTFC is large enough for us to be sustainable at EFL level without putting millions in each year you just need the right figure at the helm.  

Even if someone else took over they'd still have to get over the hurdle of paying Slade off. It's unforgivable that we made someone who had been sacked three times in rapid succession a contract that made him unsackable! Neil Woods was a rubbish choice but at least he was cheap! This latest appointment has to be the worst ever.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Even if someone else took over they'd still have to get over the hurdle of paying Slade off. It's unforgivable that we made someone who had been sacked three times in rapid succession a contract that made him unsackable! Neil Woods was a rubbish choice but at least he was cheap! This latest appointment has to be the worst ever.

Rob, you like a number or two so cost of sacking Slade versus the cost of dropping into the National League?  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
Marinerz93
February 11, 2018, 11:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Rob, you like a number or two so cost of sacking Slade versus the cost of dropping into the National League?  

Both Fenty and Slade need to answer that question especially after the players are over priced quote from Slade during the January transfer window.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 58
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2018, 11:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

There must be a clause in the contract in the event of a dismissal that we don't have to pay the full wack surely? That is standard practice isn't it? I don't even believe he would be on that long a contract anyway - it would be suicidal for a league 2 club to offer a lengthy contract without seeing how the first year or two went.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
TownSNAFU5
February 11, 2018, 11:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,848
Gold Stars: 42
Yes Slade and Fenty need to go.  

Fenty and the Board have no ideas for saving the Club, never mind taking it forward.  The Board have no credibility, judgement, drive or energy.  We are going backwards and selling our best players.  The Board are "past their sell by date".  Without a major clear-out this Club has had it anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
ska face
February 11, 2018, 11:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
So we are now in a position where we can’t afford to sack a manager who is likely to drag us back out of the league, less than a year after £109,000 was given back to directors. Is that right?

fantastic.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 11:33am

Barley Wine Drinker

There must be a clause in the contract in the event of a dismissal that we don't have to pay the full wack surely? That is standard practice isn't it? I don't even believe he would be on that long a contract anyway - it would be suicidal for a league 2 club to offer a lengthy contract without seeing how the first year or two went.

Apart from a long lasting friendship why would Fenty veer away from his standard 6 month rolling contract just to recruit Salde?

Usually what happens is that of a manager gets sacked the club don't pay off the balance of the deal in one lump sum they pay month by month until the manager gets another job then it stops. It is doubtful Salde will get another job so I would imagine we'd be paying him for a bit yet.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
GrimRob
February 11, 2018, 11:41am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
if we can't afford to sack him then get him doing some other job and put someone else in charge of the team. We don't need to worry about new signings until the summer, we just need a few more points from the remaining games.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 58
golfer
February 11, 2018, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Apart from a long lasting friendship why would Fenty veer away from his standard 6 month rolling contract just to recruit Salde?

Usually what happens is that of a manager gets sacked the club don't pay off the balance of the deal in one lump sum they pay month by month until the manager gets another job then it stops. It is doubtful Salde will get another job so I would imagine we'd be paying him for a bit yet.

Completely wrong information mate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2018, 12:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer

Well, I await your words of wisdom & correct information then.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
Mighty_Mariner
February 11, 2018, 12:12pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Does anybody know Fenty's email address?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
ska face
February 11, 2018, 12:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838
Quoted from GrimRob
if we can't afford to sack him then get him doing some other job and put someone else in charge of the team. We don't need to worry about new signings until the summer, we just need a few more points from the remaining games.

If you sign a contract for the role of manager, your employer can’t suddenly make you the tea boy and have someone else doing your job...
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
DocDock
February 11, 2018, 12:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I think it was john@gtfc.co.uk but it may have changed since then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
BS baffles brains
February 11, 2018, 12:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Quoted from ska face

If you sign a contract for the role of manager, your employer can’t suddenly make you the tea boy and have someone else doing your job...

You have effectively been made redundant, so are therefore entitled to your pay out, unless you the employee agree to the demotion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
rancido
February 11, 2018, 12:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96

I've never bought into this long ,well paid contract theory , especially after only 6 month rolling contracts were offered to the 2 previous managers.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 12:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from golfer

Is it? Which bit?      

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 12:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob

Great idea, the Upper hasn't been swept properly for ages.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
Meza
February 11, 2018, 12:48pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
I think some of the managerial appointments on paper you wouldn't think they would have turned out like they did.  Yed he made some cheap options like Nicky Law.  Then when Newell came got promoted with Hartlepool and i thought he was a good appointment how wrong was i but then you cant blame JF for how it turned out.  Now it might seem im defending John...im just trying to remember at that time why the appointments were made.  I know the buck stops at the top but really i dont blame him for Newell.

So for me to really understand why fans think JF is a disease we need to first list all his managerial appointments and on paper were these good ones...compared to how it turned out.  My criticism of John is lack of direction with investment.   I think its all gone pear shaped since bra gate, chuca trophy fans forum and possibly RS...that the fans after all these years have had enough.  I also think Lincolns success hasn't made it any easier and has added fuel to the fire.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
Marinerz93
February 11, 2018, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Meza
I think some of the managerial appointments on paper you wouldn't think they would have turned out like they did.  Yed he made some cheap options like Nicky Law.  Then when Newell came got promoted with Hartlepool and i thought he was a good appointment how wrong was i but then you cant blame JF for how it turned out.  Now it might seem im defending John...im just trying to remember at that time why the appointments were made.  I know the buck stops at the top but really i dont blame him for Newell.

So for me to really understand why fans think JF is a disease we need to first list all his managerial appointments and on paper were these good ones...compared to how it turned out.  My criticism of John is lack of direction with investment.   I think its all gone pear shaped since bra gate, chuca trophy fans forum and possibly RS...that the fans after all these years have had enough.  I also think Lincolns success hasn't made it any easier and has added fuel to the fire.

At Hartlepool he inherited a team that was already in an automatic promotion spot and almost cocked it up I believe it was the same at Luton, there can't have been any vetting of Neweeel because if there was they would have found out that Neweel never built a promotion chasing squad.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
sydney
February 11, 2018, 1:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
It’s about decision making and planning to make as sure as possible the Decisions are good ones
Good..
Hurst & Scott
Good..
Hurst to continue on his own
Bad..
Letting Hurst make to Many changes to squad after promotion (rocks of the team etc)
Unfortunate..
Hurst Going To Shrewsbury
JF didn’t want Hurst to go but Hurst had to take opportunity and fall out with fans (cupped ear etc) was not mendable
Brave..
Bignot, come on we all loved him at first
Good..
Bignot Going
Bad..
Slade
Very Bad..
Backing Slade
Dreadful..
Slade still having the backing?
These decisions cost JF and the club money and JF will feel that more than anyone as he is a fan
It’s time for another couple of decisions
Slade & Wilko Out (Good)..
Who to turn to (Nervous)..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
MuddyWaters
February 11, 2018, 1:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from sydney
It’s about decision making and planning to make as sure as possible the Decisions are good ones
Good..
Hurst & Scott
Good..
Hurst to continue on his own
Bad..
Letting Hurst make to Many changes to squad after promotion (rocks of the team etc)
Unfortunate..
Hurst Going To Shrewsbury
JF didn’t want Hurst to go but Hurst had to take opportunity and fall out with fans (cupped ear etc) was not mendable
Brave..
Bignot, come on we all loved him at first
Good..
Bignot Going
Bad..
Slade
Very Bad..
Backing Slade
Dreadful..
Slade still having the backing?
These decisions cost JF and the club money and JF will feel that more than anyone as he is a fan
It’s time for another couple of decisions
Slade & Wilko Out (Good)..
Who to turn to (Nervous)..

What about Woods, Rodger, Newell, Buckley mk 3. Slade mk 1?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
Meza
February 11, 2018, 1:23pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,631
Gold Stars: 50
Wasnt it someone else that voted for NW i.e MP?

Buckley mk3 even i welcomed.  But unfortunately it wasnt to be an appointment i think was based on experience.  You have to adk yourself how you felt about the appointments at that time rather than just look at the outcome and think shite appointments.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
RoboCod
February 11, 2018, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Gardening leave. There's your answer. Not only will it keep him away from team duties but also my garden is in a shocking state.

Win win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
FishOutOfWater
February 11, 2018, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

john@goingdown.com ?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 58
TAGG
February 11, 2018, 3:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from golfer
Nobody is coming up with any sensible solutions. How to get rid of a manager without breaking the bank

There has been.

Seeing as Mr Fenty wanted the fellow back and gave him a contract which I think everyone can now agree was stupid(Fenty won't reveal because he's probably embarrassed) then Fenty should be a man, put his hand up and admit it was a stupid decision and then pay Slade off out of his own pocket.
Fenty has this money as he has taken over 200k out of the club recently.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
friskneymariner
February 11, 2018, 3:25pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Got to be joking about Newell,his issues were an open secret,all he had to do was to ask any Luton fan.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
TAGG
February 11, 2018, 3:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner
Got to be joking about Newell,his issues were an open secret,all he had to do was to ask any Luton fan.

and Hartlepool

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
grimsby pete
February 11, 2018, 4:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
For the few who think Slade is not on a long contract,

Why has no mention ever been made on the length even when Fenty has been asked again and again,

My theory is Slade signed for 3years and a bit when he joined last year,

So that means he has 2 years left,

Will he except a 6 month pay off ? I don't think so,

A years salary will be needed for him to leave by mutual consent,

What is a years salary  ?    £100,000 I would imagine,

Please tell us if I am wrong Mr Fenty.

£100,000 is cheap if you calculate how much the club will lose if we go down or how much the crowds will stay away if we stay up under Slade.

Its a no brainer to me but I am not in charge.

What a load of balderdash  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:10pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,980
Gold Stars: 47
I don't have an issue with Fenty as I believe his heart is in the club 100% and I see no viable alternative. Yes some of his decisions and 'PR' frustrates me but we could have someone much worse... he has got it right (Hurst despite many fans wanting him gone) and we are back in the FL.

However, whilst my tendency is to give managers more time than most would (I don't like the swapping and changing culture of modern football, you do need time to build), I have had enough of this and fear relegation if we continue: get him gone Fenty: Slade OUT before it's too late!
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY
I don't have an issue with Fenty as I believe his heart is in the club 100% and I see no viable alternative. Yes some of his decisions and 'PR' frustrates me but we could have someone much worse... he has got it right (Hurst despite many fans wanting him gone) and we are back in the FL.

However, whilst my tendency is to give managers more time than most would (I don't like the swapping and changing culture of modern football, you do need time to build), I have had enough of this and fear relegation if we continue: get him gone Fenty: Slade OUT before it's too late!

As if on cue... thank God for that! UTM
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
MarinerWY
February 11, 2018, 4:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY

As if on cue... thank God for that! UTM
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
rancido
February 11, 2018, 6:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from rancido

I've never bought into this long ,well paid contract theory , especially after only 6 month rolling contracts were offered to the 2 previous managers.

Confirmed in the official GTFC statement that Slade was on a 6 month rolling contract. Seems like some poster on this site was reporting " fake news " - I suggest he sticks to his chosen sport !

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
rancido
February 11, 2018, 6:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
For the few who think Slade is not on a long contract,

Why has no mention ever been made on the length even when Fenty has been asked again and again,

My theory is Slade signed for 3years and a bit when he joined last year,

So that means he has 2 years left,

Will he except a 6 month pay off ? I don't think so,

A years salary will be needed for him to leave by mutual consent,

What is a years salary  ?    £100,000 I would imagine,

Please tell us if I am wrong Mr Fenty.

£100,000 is cheap if you calculate how much the club will lose if we go down or how much the crowds will stay away if we stay up under Slade.

Its a no brainer to me but I am not in charge.

What a load of balderdash  

Well that is another theory " blown to sh*t " !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Defending Mr Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.