Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we expecting too much?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 305 Guests

Are we expecting too much?

This thread currently has 2,067 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 12:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barrattstandman
starting with the fans attitude. How about a counter demonstration ......” sit down and shut up

I recognise you Stephen Marley. Can I claim my £5?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
Grimbiggs
February 3, 2018, 1:09pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from Ipswin

I am sick to the back teeth with the constant 'we are a much bigger club than them' argument. Why are we bigger? Past glories I assume which mean absolutely intercourse all in the 21st century. 'We take more fans away' is often quoted and other team's away following is often derided, so what? Sadly it means nowt in terms of league position and the likely future of the club.

Take it for what it is, all four teams you quote are better than us, the size of the club is irrelevant - look at Coventry or if you want a closer comparison Tranmere, Wrexham or Orient

Be thankful for being where we are and be satisfied if we can stay there - push for better football by all means, just don't expect miracles from a lower league team in an ancient ground in a run down town  that no decent player wants to come to and who can't be tempted by what we can offer in wages. What do you expect from a team made up of loan players who have no loyalty to the club, connection to the area, are just passing through or if they do sign won't ever move to the town and will at best stay for just two seasons.

We are mid table in the 4th Division for a reason - its called 'modern football' - like it or not we should be grateful - ask Stockport, York or Torquay fans, no one has a God given right nowadays

As usual you jumped the gun, I asked the question, I didn't assume we are bigger than them. In comparing fan bases, budgets, I think the majority of people on here would expect us to be able to compete. In regard to wages and the Town itself, I can't imagine Accrington has a huge budget, and its hardly salubrious is it?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
KingstonMariner
February 3, 2018, 1:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Patience is one thing Swin. But when you can see things are being demolished and not being built methodically...And there'd be a lot more patience if the ruling 'elite' hadn't done so much to urine off their stakeholders. A good relationship can withstand ups and downs along the way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are we expecting too much?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.