Marinerz93
January 27, 2018, 6:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We were already 3-5-2! We should have gone 4-3-3. They switched within seconds whilst Mr Potato Head procrastinated and let them get a goal up.

We constantly had 4 at the back, most obvious when playing the ball back to Killip for him to lump forward.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
MarinersOnTheUp
January 27, 2018, 6:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Slade intercourse off.
Fenty intercourse off.

Slade is a problem but Fenty is the root cause, he jepodised the future of our club by bringing slade in so as far as I'm concerned the book stops with him and the board. Both slade and Fenty have to go, surely their positions are now untenable?  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
ginnywings
January 27, 2018, 6:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
They were missing their top scorer and just to make a game of it, they decided to play with one up top to give us a sniff. We were so ineffective, it made not one jot of difference. Again the manager was watching a different game to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2018, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Slade intercourse off.
Fenty intercourse off.

Slade is a problem but Fenty is the root cause, he jepodised the future of our club by bringing slade in so as far as I'm concerned the book stops with him and the board. Both slade and Fenty have to go, surely their positions are now untenable?  

Fenty's position is not untenable - it's unbreakable. That's the root cause.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Balthazar Bullitt
January 27, 2018, 6:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Utterly inept.

What is it that Slate is working very hard on during training?

Is it a semblance of an attacking strategy? No.

Is it getting midfielders to make runs into the opposition's penalty area and supporting the front two? No.

Is it the link up play between defence, midfield and attack? No.

Is it the movement of players with and without the ball? No.

From apathy to apoplexy. The John Fenty years.

Just urine off the pair of you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
Sussexmariner
January 27, 2018, 7:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +618
Gold Stars: 18
All this “Fenty out” is getting a bit tedious now

Fenty wants to go but there is no one who wants to buy the club

I’d love him to leave tomorrow and take that footballing  dinosaur of a manager with him  but that isn’t going to happen.

I think if we lose the next two games  Fenty will have no choice but to do something and get rid of Slade, only because if he stays any longer he will get us relegated and that means there is no way anybody will want to buy the club.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
January 27, 2018, 7:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I’d love him to leave tomorrow and take that footballing  dinosaur of a manager with him  but that isn’t going to happen.

I think if we lose the next two games  Fenty will have no choice but to do something and get rid of Slade, only because if he stays any longer he will get us relegated and that means there is no way anybody will want to buy the club.

He wants to go, I do believe that. But he wants his £2m which is fair enough. However, he has stated his loan is 'benign' on several occasions. What I ask is, is he doing enough to find a new majority shareholder? Has he stated to the local press his terms, I suggest his terms should be zero. He says his loan is benign and will never be called in, so why not write it off as the club is effectively worthless? Or if it does have assets, ask the amount of assets as a sale price? What I am saying is he should do more to leave as soon as possible. For him, and for us. With thanks for his efforts but it just isn't working.
Reply: 36 - 51
MuddyWaters
January 27, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235

Nothing to stop him. Accept that £2 million is a reasonable price to pay for what he's done to the club and go.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
Ipswin
January 27, 2018, 7:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Apart from the American syndicate who Fenty and Marley didn't like because they wanted all the shares (allegedly they did it for us as they wanted to safeguard the fans shareholding - more like Fenty still wanted his finger in the pie and be able to call some shots)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
Gaffer58
January 27, 2018, 7:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
As a manager (Slade) keeps on bringing in players, 8 strikers now because the previous 6 couldn't do their job, why doesn't Mr Fenty bring in another manager, this way Slade can have a couple of weeks rest, sort of like a rotation policy that the premier clubs do, then come and take charge for a couple of games, then have another rest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Get this clown gone and now

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.