Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 27, 2018, 4:54pm
Enough is enough Slade is embarrassing our great club
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 1
NOW!!
Posted by: Kris2, January 27, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 2
Yeah rage! We lost time to rage again!......Until next week when we maybe scrape a draw and everyone decides we can stabilise things with new signings.

Until everyone accepts that we are going nowhere and votes with their wallet nothing will change. You'll still keep going back week after week anyway to watch this drab nonsense. Already personally voting with my wallet to spend my money on more entertaining things.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 27, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 3
Here Here, we couldn;t muster one proper shot or even real chance in 45 mins against 10 men its utterly pathetic >:(
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 27, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 4
His post match interview will be full of the usual bullsh@t. Does Slade have some incriminating photos of Mr Fenty, hence he's in a job for life?
Posted by: golfer, January 27, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 5
Why keep playing 3 centre backs against 10 men. The man has completely lost it.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 5:01pm; Reply: 6
FFS, no imagination or guile to break down 10 flipping men, WTF do they do in training, Sladeball and Fenty we have heard your statement about bringing in quality and so far we have two unproven young lads and a keeper who has been dropped for an even younger inexperienced player. Just intercourse off the pair of you.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/aFNlSWi.gif[/img]
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 27, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Kris2
Yeah rage! We lost time to rage again!......Until next week when we maybe scrape a draw and everyone decides we can stabilise things with new signings.

Until everyone accepts that we are going nowhere and votes with their wallet nothing will change. You'll still keep going back week after week anyway to watch this drab nonsense. Already personally voting with my wallet to spend my money on more entertaining things.

Haven’t been to the last 4 home games and sadly I’m sort of getting used to not going , sad sad times
Posted by: heppy88, January 27, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 8
Although I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments on this thread and would add “Get these Clowns gone” I feel these threads are futile. We have to face the overriding possibility we are stuck with the current board, the current non chairman and the current management team😓
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 27, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 9
Last time I went was cov at home and I saw enough to see this coming . We will be relegated because our leader has learnt intercourse all since the last time we were in lg2 ..........
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 10
Another home defeat and another '0'...
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 27, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 11
Anyone got Phil Brown number?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 27, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 12
I’d take mrs brown over this flipping clueless twit
Posted by: Hagrid, January 27, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 13
Again. Slade fenty wilko out. Out out out out
Posted by: cmackenzie4, January 27, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 14
I wonder how John Fenty is feeling right now? He surely can’t be supporting Slade now after this, I still think we’ll stay up because of other teams having poor runs too but it’s a sad state of affairs when we are hoping other teams are losing near the bottom, we’ve been here before and eventually we got relegated, somethings got to to change because lessons have not been learnt.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 27, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 15
Yep, beyond a joke now
Posted by: buckstown, January 27, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 16
There will be no action because we lost to the runaway league leaders. On Tuesday we may scrape a point away to Yeovil and the window will gently close. Then our annual defeat at home to the Cheltenham bullies and we will be in deep excrement.
I still wonder if anyone at BP will put two and two together
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 27, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 17
Mrs acsend will be online soon spouting something about how lucky we are to have jf
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 27, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 18
Fuckng wake up .... we are going down .
Posted by: sydney, January 27, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 19
Please Time for a change
Clueless
We must sort this
Posted by: ivanosandwich, January 27, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 20
I was supposed to be doing dry Jan.

I've just opened a beer, it's the 27th and it's all Slade's fault.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 21
Should have gone 4-4-2 as soon as they went down to 10 men. We finally took off Dixon when it was too late and we were chasing the game. Luton didn't break sweat defending their slender lead.
Posted by: chaos33, January 27, 2018, 5:55pm; Reply: 22
Which says it all
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 23
You can sack Slade (and he should be sacked), but until John Fenty goes there is little point. But don't listen to me, I'm just a vocal minority from a pressure group. Was good to hear the minority rising with a few chants today, the revolt has begun I feel.

So sad, he's brought our club to it's knees.
Posted by: thevera, January 27, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ivanosandwich
I was supposed to be doing dry Jan.

I've just opened a beer, it's the 27th and it's all Slade's fault.

Town are doing dry January, actually I was forgetting they got a point last week didn’t they.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 27, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 25
Every time Slade opens his mouth he sounds like a dodgy second hand car salesman,

Full of excrement he does not have a clue.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from ginnywings
Should have gone 4-4-2 as soon as they went down to 10 men. We finally took off Dixon when it was too late and we were chasing the game. Luton didn't break sweat defending their slender lead.

As soon as their player was sent off their manager signaled 4-4-1 to his players, I would have gone 3-5-2. They just sat back and socked up the small amount of pressure we put them under and as the half timed out they realised we had no treat so pushed out and from the minute they went down to 10 men to the final whistle they looked comfortable.
Posted by: mariner91, January 27, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 27
The really worrying thing is that I'm far from convinced that Fenty will show him the door after this. I was certain he'd be gone a couple of weeks ago but after that unbelievable stay of execution, I don't think a 1-0 loss to Luton will make Fenty pull the trigger. A run of results and performances like this at literally any other club in the FL and you'd be gone but our chairman is so appallingly bad that Slade will no doubt be in the dugout on Tuesday and we'll carry on towards relegation. Only this time if we get relegated, I think the future of the club as we know it will be in serious jeopardy. The fans won't forgive a second relegation to non-league, particularly under these circumstances.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Marinerz93

As soon as their player was sent off their manager signaled 4-4-1 to his players, I would have gone 3-5-2. They just sat back and socked up the small amount of pressure we put them under and as the half timed out they realised we had no treat so pushed out and from the minute they went down to 10 men to the final whistle they looked comfortable.

We were already 3-5-2! We should have gone 4-3-3. They switched within seconds whilst Mr Potato Head procrastinated and let them get a goal up.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, January 27, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 29
Shouldn't it read, Get these clowns gone and now. The directors and the management. It has been a joint effort to drag the club down to it's lowest level. This feels worse than when we got relegated to non league last time. There is total apathy within the club. It is like John Fenty knows he isn't going to get his money back or the new stadium built and has given up. Either that or he has thrown his dummy out and wants to bring the club down. Allegedly.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 27, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We were already 3-5-2! We should have gone 4-3-3. They switched within seconds whilst Mr Potato Head procrastinated and let them get a goal up.

We constantly had 4 at the back, most obvious when playing the ball back to Killip for him to lump forward.
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, January 27, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 31
Slade intercourse off.
Fenty intercourse off.

Slade is a problem but Fenty is the root cause, he jepodised the future of our club by bringing slade in so as far as I'm concerned the book stops with him and the board. Both slade and Fenty have to go, surely their positions are now untenable?  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 27, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 32
They were missing their top scorer and just to make a game of it, they decided to play with one up top to give us a sniff. We were so ineffective, it made not one jot of difference. Again the manager was watching a different game to me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp
Slade intercourse off.
Fenty intercourse off.

Slade is a problem but Fenty is the root cause, he jepodised the future of our club by bringing slade in so as far as I'm concerned the book stops with him and the board. Both slade and Fenty have to go, surely their positions are now untenable?  

Fenty's position is not untenable - it's unbreakable. That's the root cause.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, January 27, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 34
Utterly inept.

What is it that Slate is working very hard on during training?

Is it a semblance of an attacking strategy? No.

Is it getting midfielders to make runs into the opposition's penalty area and supporting the front two? No.

Is it the link up play between defence, midfield and attack? No.

Is it the movement of players with and without the ball? No.

From apathy to apoplexy. The John Fenty years.

Just urine off the pair of you.
Posted by: Sussexmariner, January 27, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 35
All this “Fenty out” is getting a bit tedious now

Fenty wants to go but there is no one who wants to buy the club

I’d love him to leave tomorrow and take that footballing  dinosaur of a manager with him  but that isn’t going to happen.

I think if we lose the next two games  Fenty will have no choice but to do something and get rid of Slade, only because if he stays any longer he will get us relegated and that means there is no way anybody will want to buy the club.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 27, 2018, 7:14pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Sussexmariner

I’d love him to leave tomorrow and take that footballing  dinosaur of a manager with him  but that isn’t going to happen.

I think if we lose the next two games  Fenty will have no choice but to do something and get rid of Slade, only because if he stays any longer he will get us relegated and that means there is no way anybody will want to buy the club.

He wants to go, I do believe that. But he wants his £2m which is fair enough. However, he has stated his loan is 'benign' on several occasions. What I ask is, is he doing enough to find a new majority shareholder? Has he stated to the local press his terms, I suggest his terms should be zero. He says his loan is benign and will never be called in, so why not write it off as the club is effectively worthless? Or if it does have assets, ask the amount of assets as a sale price? What I am saying is he should do more to leave as soon as possible. For him, and for us. With thanks for his efforts but it just isn't working.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 37

Nothing to stop him. Accept that £2 million is a reasonable price to pay for what he's done to the club and go.
Posted by: Ipswin, January 27, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 38

Apart from the American syndicate who Fenty and Marley didn't like because they wanted all the shares (allegedly they did it for us as they wanted to safeguard the fans shareholding - more like Fenty still wanted his finger in the pie and be able to call some shots)

Posted by: Gaffer58, January 27, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 39
As a manager (Slade) keeps on bringing in players, 8 strikers now because the previous 6 couldn't do their job, why doesn't Mr Fenty bring in another manager, this way Slade can have a couple of weeks rest, sort of like a rotation policy that the premier clubs do, then come and take charge for a couple of games, then have another rest.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 27, 2018, 7:19pm; Reply: 40
He’s the king of bull sh1t mountain, he goes on RH and spouts utter deluded cobblers.

Yes we played better in the first half but only because Luton like to play which gave us a bit of space, Summerfield’s strike apart we never looked like scoring

It says it all about us that in the warm up Wilco former top flight striker warms up the centre halves

Fukin clueless
Posted by: friskneymariner, January 27, 2018, 7:33pm; Reply: 41
What chance has Fenty got of getting his £2 million back if next season attendances are down to 1,500.
Posted by: Grim74, January 27, 2018, 7:33pm; Reply: 42
Things are getting desperate now and Fenty is not going to sack his mate anytime soon so does anyone know if Slade has a twitter or Facebook account we could troll through, just maybe there's some historical sexist or misogynist post we could make public and shame him into resigning, desperate times mean desperate measures.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 27, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 43
Slade must be blooming good at washing Aston Martins, because he's no blooming good at football managing.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 44
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-akaW_RlCjTA/TjqNgp54JiI/AAAAAAAAB1o/8pZAz5XmGzA/s1600/go%252520signlarge.gif[/img]
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 27, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 45
[img]https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article8990309.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1Slade.jpg[/img]
Posted by: nightrider, January 27, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 46
Fenty has already cemented his place in the history books of Grimsby Town FC, being the worst owner the clubs ever had by a long way. He really has made a intercourse up since he took over the club
He won't leave though because let's face it, it can't get any worse can it.
We're going down. This season
Posted by: nightrider, January 27, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
[img]https://i2-prod.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article8990309.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/1Slade.jpg[/img]

I wonder which club he's a fan of? It's a tricky one
Posted by: Tommy, January 27, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Correct that we were 3-5-2.

However what I'm finding interesting is today everyone saying we should've gone 4 at the back. In the past when the opposition have gone down to 10 men and we were playing 442, people have said we should've gone to 3 at the back.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 27, 2018, 8:17pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Tommy

Correct that we were 3-5-2.

However what I'm finding interesting is today everyone saying we should've gone 4 at the back. In the past when the opposition have gone down to 10 men and we were playing 442, people have said we should've gone to 3 at the back.

Because the 4 includes the full backs who wouldn't be marking anyone. Effectively, you go to 2-5-3.
Posted by: Tommy, January 27, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Because the 4 includes the full backs who wouldn't be marking anyone. Effectively, you go to 2-5-3.

That's fine mate I'm not debating what you say (I actually agree a back 4 is better against 10 men usually). Just saying that I remember other games where we've stayed with a back 4 and people have complained afterwards saying we should've gone to a back 3.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 27, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 51
In the name of Haddock and Cod, just go
Print page generated: May 15, 2024, 12:54am