FishOutOfWater
January 22, 2018, 1:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry
Watching and listening to that I think the guy has lost it a bit. His ranting about the ref came over to me as "you could have cost me my job you tw@t".

At least Matt Dean isn't the main culprit now then?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 28
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2018, 3:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from oochiad
Hasn’t been Sladeball as people like to call it for weeks and weeks.

That's not what Air Traffic Control in the Humber said  
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Garth
January 22, 2018, 3:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Looking at Saturdays display it was a game that could easily have got us three points, a bad miss by Davies, a very good save late on by their keeper and a penalty shout that was not given, equals as they say fine margins.
We are not that bad a team when we are playing the ball on the deck to each other, and had Jones and Dembele been available it might just have tipped the balance, Our keeper had an easy afternoon apart from the goal.

My point is that with a little bit of confidence we should be safe this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
arryarryarry
January 22, 2018, 3:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Garth
Looking at Saturdays display it was a game that could easily have got us three points, a bad miss by Davies, a very good save late on by their keeper and a penalty shout that was not given, equals as they say fine margins.
We are not that bad a team when we are playing the ball on the deck to each other, and had Jones and Dembele been available it might just have tipped the balance, Our keeper had an easy afternoon apart from the goal.

My point is that with a little bit of confidence we should be safe this season

We should be safe, the trouble is we are not playing Colchester every week, who were the poorest side especially in that first half that I have seen all season (apart from some of the dross GTFC have put out)
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 22, 2018, 5:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from arryarryarry

We should be safe, the trouble is we are not playing Colchester every week, who were the poorest side especially in that first half that I have seen all season (apart from some of the dross GTFC have put out)

Maybe Colchester looked poor as for that rare occasion we played well?

Think sometimes when we do win we automatically dismiss the opposition as being poor, if Colchester were that bad I would expect to see them below us and down with Barnet. To be honest think standard of league 2 has been poor this year which makes town’s form even more worrying
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
lew chaterleys lover
January 22, 2018, 5:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Maybe Colchester looked poor as for that rare occasion we played well?

Think sometimes when we do win we automatically dismiss the opposition as being poor, if Colchester were that bad I would expect to see them below us and down with Barnet. To be honest think standard of league 2 has been poor this year which makes town’s form even more worrying

That is a good point. It is very noticeable how poor virtually all the opposition has been. Last year I thought the standard was really quite good, although that could be because I had got used to watching non league football.

I don't think the league is as good this year, anyway.  
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
LondonMariner43
January 22, 2018, 6:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,952
Gold Stars: 64
As an intro to the rest of my post, I will say that although I'm generally a glass half full sort of supporter, the last few results have left me very worried and when I saw the line up for Saturday I thought wtf.

However, in response to a few comments on this thread, here's a few observations.

- Vernam seems a pretty good signing.  Slade was criticised on here for signing him but he seems to have been a bright spot in last two games and scored.  Also, I like that he is a local lad.
- Town didn't win on Saturday but an away point against a team above us in the table is not a disaster and represents improvement on recent weeks.  Slade made some pretty brace changes and they seemed to pay off and stop the rot.
- when Buckley was manager the fans often moaned about too much tip tappy football tho when you look at goals from that era it's surprising how many came from long balls.  However Slade teams play, some on here will slag it off as hoof ball.

My point is that whatever you think of Slade and our league position, how about some credit where it's due? A decent signing, a tactical change, a decent performance and a valuable point after a terrible run.

It's one game but lets not just slag him off for the sake of it.  What's the point of that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
MuddyWaters
January 22, 2018, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,240
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LondonMariner43
As an intro to the rest of my post, I will say that although I'm generally a glass half full sort of supporter, the last few results have left me very worried and when I saw the line up for Saturday I thought wtf.

However, in response to a few comments on this thread, here's a few observations.

- Vernam seems a pretty good signing.  Slade was criticised on here for signing him but he seems to have been a bright spot in last two games and scored.  Also, I like that he is a local lad.
- Town didn't win on Saturday but an away point against a team above us in the table is not a disaster and represents improvement on recent weeks.  Slade made some pretty brace changes and they seemed to pay off and stop the rot.
- when Buckley was manager the fans often moaned about too much tip tappy football tho when you look at goals from that era it's surprising how many came from long balls.  However Slade teams play, some on here will slag it off as hoof ball.

My point is that whatever you think of Slade and our league position, how about some credit where it's due? A decent signing, a tactical change, a decent performance and a valuable point after a terrible run.

It's one game but lets not just slag him off for the sake of it.  What's the point of that?

Well it's 8 games without a win with the leaders to come on Saturday and a long trip next Tuesday night. Every chance that 8 will become 10 and the ever-reducing gap to the bottom 2 will reduce further. For the record, I don't really blame Slade for the mess - it's decisions made at board level that are the root cause of our problems.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
rancido
January 22, 2018, 7:22pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96

That is a good point. It is very noticeable how poor virtually all the opposition has been. Last year I thought the standard was really quite good, although that could be because I had got used to watching non league football.

I don't think the league is as good this year, anyway.  

Which means we must be worse to have lost so many games, especially at home.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Slade interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.