Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Sending Off..??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 332 Guests

The Sending Off..??

This thread currently has 5,961 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
January 14, 2018, 7:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
The ref wanted to be star of the show I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
HertsGTFC
January 14, 2018, 7:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
This from the player Matt caught after “someone” accused him of getting a fellow pro sent off,

https://twitter.com/mickeyd_09/status/952599964009582592

Sadly I was the accuser, bit embarrassed tbh

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
Marinerz93
January 14, 2018, 7:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC
This from the player Matt caught after “someone” accused him of getting a fellow pro sent off,

https://twitter.com/mickeyd_09/status/952599964009582592

Sadly I was the accuser, bit embarrassed tbh

His arm may have caught him but not an elbow in his face, as one of his team mates displayed to the ref, and he certainly made a meal of the contact, so in essence you are correct in calling him out.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
He still squealed so loud that everyone in the ground heard it. I'd have been embarrassed with myself if i had reacted like that on a football pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Mrs Doyle
January 14, 2018, 7:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Sat in the main it looked very harsh there was absolutely no intent from Jamile.

The player knew time wasting was needed to ease the pressure he went down like a sack of sshit with sound effects on full volume. The other players and management bellowed at the ref.

The ref fell for it and showed a straight red their manager was clapping he knew that was it job done,game over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
FishOutOfWater
January 14, 2018, 7:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93

His arm may have caught him but not an elbow in his face, as one of his team mates displayed to the ref, and he certainly made a meal of the contact, so in essence you are correct in calling him out.

Looked to me like it was Matt's arm across his neck....enough to go down and influence the referee to make a decision on the play acting as much as the action itself.

Would you deliberately try to get a so-called mate sent off? Maybe if he thought there was a chance we were really coming back in to the game, which could have meant Newport squandering their lead. Cheating is maybe too harsh but certainly played the ref if you ask me

Surely though Town have to appeal the decision.... if the FL want a good enough reason to rescind, surely they'll sympathise if we just tell the review panel the only other option we have is to play Vernon until next month?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 22
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I doubt it will get overturned as they usually back the ref. If we appeal and lose, don't they add an extra game on?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
FishOutOfWater
January 14, 2018, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
I doubt it will get overturned as they usually back the ref. If we appeal and lose, don't they add an extra game on?

I think they tend to add an extra game when they consider it a frivolous appeal, but I think Matt has a good case for his card to be over-turned

It worked once before when Gary Jones escaped a ban....the Lincoln home play-off semi home game, for an"offence" which was just as innocuous as yesterday's
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 22
ginnywings
January 14, 2018, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I think they tend to add an extra game when they consider it a frivolous appeal, but I think Matt has a good case for his card to be over-turned

It worked once before when Gary Jones escaped a ban ( the Lincoln home play-off semi home game ) which was as innocuous as yesterday

May as well go for it then. We won't need him anyway when we sign a striker for £100,000 tomorrow.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Maringer
January 14, 2018, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
It looked clumsy from the upper findus so I wasn't surprised to see the red card given, harsh as it may have been.

Yesterday, yet another game where the opposition won no end of ridiculously soft free-kicks by falling over whenever there was even the hint of a challenge. On the other hand, we don't go down in this sort of a situation. Well, Davies does, but the rest of them don't.

On the other hand, at some of our set pieces near the end, a couple of players were physically pinning Matt in place, not allowing him to move at all but this sort of thing is never noticed by the officials for some reason.

I hate to see players taking a dive/falling over too easily but the referees at this level fall for it time and again so I wonder how much we're losing out because of it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Sending Off..??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.