1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
RichMariner
January 12, 2018, 2:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Or at least help you look on the positive side of things...

This is an article written at the height of Slade's achievements at Leyton Orient:

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leyton-orient/10324475/Leyton-Orient-inspired-to-nations-only-perfect-record-thanks-to-Russell-Slades-inspirational-team-talks.html[/url]

You'd like to think he's still the same man, at the core, with the same principles. If he can rediscover some of that man-management here, and he can get us playing like his Orient team did at Arsenal (as is claimed in the article) then there's hope for the future.

I wonder if Slade would re-read that and admit he's lost his way a bit and needs to go back to his basics.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
GYinScuntland
January 12, 2018, 3:22pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Looking at what's happened to Orient he should have used a bigger blob of blu tack.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
TAGG
January 12, 2018, 5:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from RichMariner
Or at least help you look on the positive side of things...

This is an article written at the height of Slade's achievements at Leyton Orient:

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leyton-orient/10324475/Leyton-Orient-inspired-to-nations-only-perfect-record-thanks-to-Russell-Slades-inspirational-team-talks.html[/url]

You'd like to think he's still the same man, at the core, with the same principles. If he can rediscover some of that man-management here, and he can get us playing like his Orient team did at Arsenal (as is claimed in the article) then there's hope for the future.

I wonder if Slade would re-read that and admit he's lost his way a bit and needs to go back to his basics.

He doesn't need to go back to basics he needs to go back to Leyton Orient the male masturbator.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
SpudUDontLike
January 13, 2018, 7:21pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +309
Gold Stars: 8
That article speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Crappy Athena poster 'motivational' slogan bullshit and buying the players occasional takeaways. Groundbreaking stuff.  No wonder he can't come up with anything other than clichés and platitudes in his post-match interviews. Seems that's all he knows.

We are destined to a fool's fate that deserves to be mocked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Rodley Mariner
January 13, 2018, 7:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Off to a flyer, fell away and then copulated up the play off final. I'd imagine that must have been an ultimately disappointing season and even more so as it triggered the start of Orient's charge towards the conference.............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
wigworld
January 13, 2018, 7:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Off to a flyer, fell away and then copulated up the play off final. I'd imagine that must have been an ultimately disappointing season and even more so as it triggered the start of Orient's charge towards the conference.............

Sounds strangely familiar, doesn't it?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 6
MarinersOnTheUp
January 13, 2018, 7:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

That and the major shareholder at the time, Francesco Becchetti who seemingly wanted to do everything he could to kill the club ( has Fenty been asking him for advice? ) and the fact that the EFL totally let them down.
Quite a lot of similarities between us and what happened to Orient.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This might cheer you up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.