Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RichMariner, January 12, 2018, 2:43pm
Or at least help you look on the positive side of things...

This is an article written at the height of Slade's achievements at Leyton Orient:

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leyton-orient/10324475/Leyton-Orient-inspired-to-nations-only-perfect-record-thanks-to-Russell-Slades-inspirational-team-talks.html[/url]

You'd like to think he's still the same man, at the core, with the same principles. If he can rediscover some of that man-management here, and he can get us playing like his Orient team did at Arsenal (as is claimed in the article) then there's hope for the future.

I wonder if Slade would re-read that and admit he's lost his way a bit and needs to go back to his basics.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 12, 2018, 3:22pm; Reply: 1
Looking at what's happened to Orient he should have used a bigger blob of blu tack.
Posted by: TAGG, January 12, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from RichMariner
Or at least help you look on the positive side of things...

This is an article written at the height of Slade's achievements at Leyton Orient:

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leyton-orient/10324475/Leyton-Orient-inspired-to-nations-only-perfect-record-thanks-to-Russell-Slades-inspirational-team-talks.html[/url]

You'd like to think he's still the same man, at the core, with the same principles. If he can rediscover some of that man-management here, and he can get us playing like his Orient team did at Arsenal (as is claimed in the article) then there's hope for the future.

I wonder if Slade would re-read that and admit he's lost his way a bit and needs to go back to his basics.

He doesn't need to go back to basics he needs to go back to Leyton Orient the male masturbator.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, January 13, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 3
That article speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. Crappy Athena poster 'motivational' slogan bullshit and buying the players occasional takeaways. Groundbreaking stuff.  No wonder he can't come up with anything other than clichés and platitudes in his post-match interviews. Seems that's all he knows.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 13, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 4
Off to a flyer, fell away and then copulated up the play off final. I'd imagine that must have been an ultimately disappointing season and even more so as it triggered the start of Orient's charge towards the conference.............
Posted by: wigworld, January 13, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Off to a flyer, fell away and then copulated up the play off final. I'd imagine that must have been an ultimately disappointing season and even more so as it triggered the start of Orient's charge towards the conference.............

Sounds strangely familiar, doesn't it?

Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, January 13, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

That and the major shareholder at the time, Francesco Becchetti who seemingly wanted to do everything he could to kill the club ( has Fenty been asking him for advice? ) and the fact that the EFL totally let them down.
Quite a lot of similarities between us and what happened to Orient.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 12:27pm