Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The the the the, you you you you. Oh, Russ, really
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 186 Guests

The the the the, you you you you. Oh, Russ, really

This thread currently has 7,151 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2018, 7:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I always thought it was just Slade talking without a script not a stammer.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
golfer
January 11, 2018, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nah--Its on the pitch where there's no script
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Stew0_0
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
The guy cant win!! We need players and especially strikers. Hes signed one and it was clear we needed experienced cover for macca as killip wasnt ready for 1st team yet. Yes we need a smaller squad but we also need better quality in the first 11. I expect more to arrive and more leaving in this window but we must remember that Slade had the task of trimming down a squad of close to 40 that Bignot assembled and players dont walk away for nothing!!

Also good to hear that he still wants another striker despite signing Vernum as we are not getting anything from vernon, hooper and cardwell (limited chances). Would also like to see a left back, left wing and central midfielder but suppose it depends on who will move on.

Personally we need to shift.....
Vernon
Kelly
Hooper
Woolford
Berrett
Cardwell
Dixon
Clifton (loan)

Still on fence about...
Clements and mcallister. If they are proving there fitness then should be given chances in the team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
ginnywings

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Same. Never even crossed my mind that he had a stutter. It's a classic stalling tactic while he frames his words. Lot's of people under public scrutiny do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
Croxton
January 11, 2018, 8:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
If Vernam is better than Cardwell then so be it. If not, what is the point of another inexperienced young player? Clifton had a long successful spell on loan last season so give him some minutes as sub in place of Berret.
Not keen on 'marquee ' signings. Raid the U23 Championship squads for a rapid left back on loan.
Slade showed little sign of a stutter when he slammed Matt Dean in the fans forum. Even so, lets concentrate on the content of his ramblings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
TheRealJohnLewis
January 11, 2018, 8:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Stew0_0
The guy cant win!! We need players and especially strikers. Hes signed one and it was clear we needed experienced cover for macca as killip wasnt ready for 1st team yet. Yes we need a smaller squad but we also need better quality in the first 11. I expect more to arrive and more leaving in this window but we must remember that Slade had the task of trimming down a squad of close to 40 that Bignot assembled and players dont walk away for nothing!!

Also good to hear that he still wants another striker despite signing Vernum as we are not getting anything from vernon, hooper and cardwell (limited chances). Would also like to see a left back, left wing and central midfielder but suppose it depends on who will move on.

Vernon
Kelly (Slade Player)
Hooper (Slade Player)
Woolford (Slade Player)
Berrett
Cardwell (Slade Player)
Dixon (Slade Player)
Clifton (loan)

Still on fence about...
Clements and mcallister. If they are proving there fitness then should be given chances in the team

Can you see the problem...
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Swansea_Mariner
January 11, 2018, 8:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from Stew0_0

Vernon
Kelly
Hooper
Woolford
Berrett
Cardwell
Dixon
Clifton (loan)

Still on fence about...

Bignot did not assemble a squad of 40 players, the squad he had was marginally smaller than it is now. Of those players you mention none of them were signed by Bignot and most of them were signed by Slade!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
livosnose
January 11, 2018, 9:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,167
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from livosnose

Yes it likes an episode of open all hours..........but without the laughs ...........

Ronnie Barker didn't have a stutter and neither does Slade ! Stalling tactics as he is always trying to cover his bottom.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
livosnose
January 11, 2018, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,167
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from rancido

And yet some fans think it's perfectly ok to have a pop at JF because of his dyslexia. Hypocrisy at its extreme!

Stop talking dribble  

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
arryarryarry
January 11, 2018, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Stew0_0

Vernon
Kelly
Hooper

Woolford
Berrett
Cardwell
Dixon

Clifton (loan)

Still on fence about...

I have asked this question several times but I will ask it again..............how do we get rid of players on 2 year contracts that it is very unlikely anyone else will want to come in and buy them.

You say we need a left back and strikers but Slade has only a few months ago bought some in.

Are you suggesting he has bought crap players?

As for Clements and McAllister, I would doubt we will see them in the first team again.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The the the the, you you you you. Oh, Russ, really

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.