Stew0_0
January 4, 2018, 1:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Afternoon boys and girls,

I am an avid town fan and season ticket holder since the age of 6 (now in my 40s, gulp!) until 2000 to 2017 whilst I held a position of matchday steward. Now back on the terraces. Also I am a Graphic Designer and keen writer.

I am contemplating creating a new club fanzine and am going to contact the club for permissions/feedback. I feel this would help bring the club and fans together and would welcome articles and input from both sides in the form of interesting and fun articles and columns.

Not looking to profit from this but maybe raise additional funds for the mariners trust and youth set-up/transfer kitty.

Was wondering what sort of interest there is for fans to support this and to find out if it's worth pursuing. If it gets off the ground I will be looking for people to help me make this publication a reality.

Please let me know your feedback.

thanks in advance, Stuart
Logged Offline
Private Message
1mickylyons
January 4, 2018, 1:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Stew0_0
Afternoon boys and girls,

I am an avid town fan and season ticket holder since the age of 6 (now in my 40s, gulp!) until 2000 to 2017 whilst I held a position of matchday steward. Now back on the terraces. Also I am a Graphic Designer and keen writer.

I am contemplating creating a new club fanzine and am going to contact the club for permissions/feedback. I feel this would help bring the club and fans together and would welcome articles and input from both sides in the form of interesting and fun articles and columns.

Not looking to profit from this but maybe raise additional funds for the mariners trust and youth set-up/transfer kitty.

Was wondering what sort of interest there is for fans to support this and to find out if it's worth pursuing. If it gets off the ground I will be looking for people to help me make this publication a reality.

Please let me know your feedback.

thanks in advance, Stuart

Stuart have a read of the post SWWF further down mate.I think their is some interest and could do with being explored further. Let me know if you have a meeting etc but why do you want to go via the Club and not Independent?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ginnywings
January 4, 2018, 1:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
I'd probably buy it if it comes off. Not really an official programme type of guy, but like a fanzine if it's topical, light hearted and has some humour. Good luck with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
grimps
January 4, 2018, 2:09pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 46
Dont have anything to do with the club and you might have more success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
cleethorpes_mariner
January 4, 2018, 2:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Stuart have a read of the post SWWF further down mate.I think their is some interest and could do with being explored further. Let me know if you have a meeting etc but why do you want to go via the Club and not Independent?

Reading the OP I think he is looking for permission to do it independently, I would suspect there will be copyright issues otherwise and if nothing else by asking the club may allow him access to do player and manager interviews, just a thought.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
headingly_mariner
January 4, 2018, 3:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
The club have a history of not engaging with any party that publicly criticises them.
Be great if you could get an insight into the club, but when was the last time anyone from the board did an interview with either Codalmighty or Humberside?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
moosey_club
January 4, 2018, 3:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Electronic or hard copy ...or both ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Stew0_0
January 4, 2018, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
Was thinking possibly both but certainly printed.  Perhaps also as an ebook with a subscription. Just in early planning stages atm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fanzine

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.