Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 4, 2018, 1:33pm
Afternoon boys and girls,

I am an avid town fan and season ticket holder since the age of 6 (now in my 40s, gulp!) until 2000 to 2017 whilst I held a position of matchday steward. Now back on the terraces. Also I am a Graphic Designer and keen writer.

I am contemplating creating a new club fanzine and am going to contact the club for permissions/feedback. I feel this would help bring the club and fans together and would welcome articles and input from both sides in the form of interesting and fun articles and columns.

Not looking to profit from this but maybe raise additional funds for the mariners trust and youth set-up/transfer kitty.

Was wondering what sort of interest there is for fans to support this and to find out if it's worth pursuing. If it gets off the ground I will be looking for people to help me make this publication a reality.

Please let me know your feedback.

thanks in advance, Stuart
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 4, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Stew0_0
Afternoon boys and girls,

I am an avid town fan and season ticket holder since the age of 6 (now in my 40s, gulp!) until 2000 to 2017 whilst I held a position of matchday steward. Now back on the terraces. Also I am a Graphic Designer and keen writer.

I am contemplating creating a new club fanzine and am going to contact the club for permissions/feedback. I feel this would help bring the club and fans together and would welcome articles and input from both sides in the form of interesting and fun articles and columns.

Not looking to profit from this but maybe raise additional funds for the mariners trust and youth set-up/transfer kitty.

Was wondering what sort of interest there is for fans to support this and to find out if it's worth pursuing. If it gets off the ground I will be looking for people to help me make this publication a reality.

Please let me know your feedback.

thanks in advance, Stuart

Stuart have a read of the post SWWF further down mate.I think their is some interest and could do with being explored further. Let me know if you have a meeting etc but why do you want to go via the Club and not Independent?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 4, 2018, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
I'd probably buy it if it comes off. Not really an official programme type of guy, but like a fanzine if it's topical, light hearted and has some humour. Good luck with it.
Posted by: grimps, January 4, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 3
Dont have anything to do with the club and you might have more success
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, January 4, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Stuart have a read of the post SWWF further down mate.I think their is some interest and could do with being explored further. Let me know if you have a meeting etc but why do you want to go via the Club and not Independent?

Reading the OP I think he is looking for permission to do it independently, I would suspect there will be copyright issues otherwise and if nothing else by asking the club may allow him access to do player and manager interviews, just a thought.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 4, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 5
The club have a history of not engaging with any party that publicly criticises them.
Be great if you could get an insight into the club, but when was the last time anyone from the board did an interview with either Codalmighty or Humberside?
Posted by: moosey_club, January 4, 2018, 3:58pm; Reply: 6
Electronic or hard copy ...or both ?
Posted by: Stew0_0, January 4, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 7
Was thinking possibly both but certainly printed.  Perhaps also as an ebook with a subscription. Just in early planning stages atm
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 9:38pm