Kristine
December 17, 2017, 8:29am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Trying to look at this with a half-full glass as we approach the second half of the season we are in good position to improve further. Get through the next three games with a couple of wins would see us right up there IMHO.

You need some luck in this game and we are not getting much in front of goal.

I feel somewhere we are going to hammer somebody and put those chances away.

The players are gelling into a tight unit now and match fitness is getting better.

The defence looks better, the midfield looks excellent it's just the attack that needs a bit more sting/ruthfulness and maybe a bit of luck to kick us into a nice run.  

Get Luton out the way relatively unscathed and crack on.  UTM.

I can't not agree with this tbh - Was that standard Notts County or did our game plan make them that way?   God knows what engine Summerfield's runs on because he covered some grass yesterday.  The missing part was the final ball, the quickness and cuteness if you like in getting us into a position to have a go at goal.

Luton play a completely different game and IF the two banks of 4 do their jobs we're in with a shout.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 57
Gaffer58
December 17, 2017, 8:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
We're becoming a team that is hard to beat but, we will not be knocking goals in for fun. Our strikers are what they are, if any of them were a 15 to 20 goal season player they would not be here. The thing is we could miss out on the extra position we could require by goal difference, or goals scored.(lack off)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
Croxton
December 17, 2017, 8:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
If we go into the second half of the season still bringing on Vernon and Hooper on 70 min. we will stay mid table. Bolarinwa, Cardwell, Clifton, Wright et al should not be binned in Jan. If Summers gets injured, all round fitness will be key. Was DJ really knackered? or was it tactical?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
HertsGTFC
December 17, 2017, 9:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Croxton
If we go into the second half of the season still bringing on Vernon and Hooper on 70 min. we will stay mid table. Bolarinwa, Cardwell, Clifton, Wright et al should not be binned in Jan. If Summers gets injured, all round fitness will be key. Was DJ really knackered? or was it tactical?

Would agree with the Bolarinwa point not sure about the rest as we haven’t seen anything from them at 1st team league level, the one we need to get back and look after is Osborne who will add some class, could he even play in the number 10 role if we can’t get another striker I wonder. Feels to me like making the play off mix will be dependent on injuries & additions. Defending looks ok now is that 3 clean sheets in a row for James?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
Mrs Doyle
December 17, 2017, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Kristine

I can't not agree with this tbh - Was that standard Notts County or did our game plan make them that way?   God knows what engine Summerfield's runs on because he covered some grass yesterday.  The missing part was the final ball, the quickness and cuteness if you like in getting us into a position to have a go at goal.

Luton play a completely different game and IF the two banks of 4 do their jobs we're in with a shout.

Well, maybe Osborne is that man we won't know until after Christmas though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
RoboCod
December 30, 2017, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from RoboCod

But we can't score. Again, today..'should have had 3...Matt could have had 4..should really have beaten 2nd placed County, nowt special' etc. I'm in no doubt that at least 2 or 3 very, very ordinary teams will go up this year but I do have doubts it will be us. As the match thread and just back posts state tonight, for the umpteenth time, we'd have won if we had a cutting edge.
We plough on but I'd really like to know at what stage of the season a goal difference in the minus is not acceptable.

Quoted from LondonMariner43

It's a funny kind of benchmark - unless the team win 3-0 away at a ground where no other away team has won this season, then they aren't good enough?

A new benchmark for analysis. 3-0 defeat. At home. To Accrington.

Do we even have a "But we could/should have scored [random number between 3 and 6] !" angle this time?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
RoboCod
January 13, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'm gonna bring the above post up again, and I'll tell you why, because I'm still narked off at the superior Slade supporters who argued against and red crossed my mildly put remarks about our worrying lack of goal scoring prowess and their alarming confidence in sneaking up to the play-offs. Then when it all goes titsup there's no more posts from them.

No wins in 7, 5 defeats in those 7 and just 1 goal scored.

Benchmarks my

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
friskneymariner
January 13, 2018, 6:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Robo I have had them since the close season,one of my post that stated that Slade had missed his primary targets and was left was inferior players was branded the most stupidest post ever seen like that person to repeat that now.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.