6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
December 16, 2017, 4:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Good point. Thought we could have even won it.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
RoboCod
December 16, 2017, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
It's a good point but you do wonder where we'd be if we had a setup to change things from the bench for the last 10-15 minutes of these games that are inevitably just ebbing away to a 0-0.

It's almost a Slade masterclass in getting a point from a tricky looking fixture, but not one that indicates a top 7 position anytime soon.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
Madeleymariner
December 16, 2017, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Well played Town, good ground out point against a bunch of whinging knuckledraggers and a bloke all in black
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
sonofmadeleymariner
December 16, 2017, 5:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
That old cliche game of two halves, good attacking passing football first half in which I thought we edged it over County and Matt should of scored in. Second half County were by far the better side as we fell back into old habbits and began hoofing the ball more and more and more, strange subs from Slade again, taking Matt and DJ off when I thought Jones and Dembele should of come off,  Dull 2nd half, I was almost falling asleep, but a point away at county isn't to be sniffed at.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
HackneyHaddock
December 16, 2017, 5:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Sounded on the radio like we played well.  Nice little run going here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
RoboCod
December 16, 2017, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Barnet drag themselves out the bottom 3, Chesterfield drop back in, and oh dear....FGR propping up the table

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
Swansea_Mariner
December 16, 2017, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
First class result that, very very good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 57
Maringer
December 16, 2017, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Matt was knackered, hence his substitution. So we're Dembele and Jones for that matter and Jaiyesimi. Quite a lot of our team aren't really seasoned pros used to playing week in week out.

Bit of a dull game but well defended and hard working so a good point. I think the fact that we don't really have any threat to bring on from the bench shows why we'll struggle to push towards the play-offs this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
LondonMariner43
December 16, 2017, 6:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from RoboCod
It's a good point but you do wonder where we'd be if we had a setup to change things from the bench for the last 10-15 minutes of these games that are inevitably just ebbing away to a 0-0.

It's almost a Slade masterclass in getting a point from a tricky looking fixture, but not one that indicates a top 7 position anytime soon.

So getting a point away at the top team in the League who are undefeated at home is not a sign of a team capable of making the play offs? Really?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
RoboCod
December 16, 2017, 6:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43

So getting a point away at the top team in the League who are undefeated at home is not a sign of a team capable of making the play offs? Really?

Yes, REALLY. Why the hell does everything on here have to turn a post into a negative and confrontational attack on the team/management. Read it again, it's a great point in the context of a mini unbeaten run and would be a superb result if it had followed up some home points
.In the big picture however we have scored at home, since the Lincoln game in late September 4 goals, 3 of which were in one game. Today was the 22nd game, the halfway point of the season, and our goal difference is still in the minus.

You think that's a team heading for the play-offs? Get a striker in to score/poach or whatever and we could make a decent stab at it but unless that happens this is firmly mid-table stuff.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.