4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
December 7, 2017, 12:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I’d rather we signed one quality player with any money if we sell Dembele. A striker.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
louth_in_the_south
December 7, 2017, 1:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,680
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Any offer over 250k Town would have to sell as it would enable 3 quality players to be brought in.

Pleased you’re not chief negotiator Micky . If there’s Prem teams in for him we milk them for every last drop we can . Starting bid £2m I’d say .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
GrimRob
December 7, 2017, 2:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I like Dembele a breath of fresh air gets you up off the seat. I have no idea what the going rate is for someone with his lack of experience but vast potential? My point is in Slade`s shoes any fee in excess of 250k assuming he could reinvest the money would see him able to bring in 3 players.
As we have said loads of times numbers wise this squad is way to big but it lacks quality especially in depth typified by the LB position.
I hate us being a selling Club but it`s reality for most lower league clubs these days and you try and stand in a players way these days we all know how it ends.

Every club apart from Chelsea, Man City et al is a selling club, but the price has to be right. There's a lot to play for this season, and next. To cash in cheaply on our most valuable asset would not be good business. This season has hardly been scintillating at BP so far and the board need to have next season's season ticket sales at back of their minds.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 32 - 35
Abdul19
December 7, 2017, 3:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
It's no surprise that clubs are watching him: the scouting systems big clubs have surely mean that there's barely a half decent young professional footballer who isn't being watched!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
lukeo
December 7, 2017, 9:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
If rumours start to become more believable if  I was the club I'd laugh it off and put a statement out saying you'll have to pay X amount to get him (£2m for example) but if anyone offers over £1m realistically we can't say no.
Im doing this based on if this happened THIS January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
Skrill
December 8, 2017, 12:05am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
£1.8M+ or F-off

[img]http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/16/29/320x160/landscape-1468852200-shaun-of-the-dead-pint-gif.gif[/img]

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Premier League duo eyeing Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.