Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

We’re all bullies...

This thread currently has 22,740 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 10, 2017, 3:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Unfortunately just more bullshit from the club to join that long line of comments coming from GTFC over the past few years.

Especially the bit about giving the young players support when only Clifton started the game and even then he was played out of position at right back.

As for giving squad players a chance to shine and make a claim for the first team a mate who worked at the ground on Wednesday said that Hooper, Matt and Kelly were dreadful although to be fair to Kelly he played left back and apparently Rose wasn't much cop either.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 143
jonnyboy82
November 10, 2017, 7:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Steve wraith is bullying me into going.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 143
1mickylyons
November 10, 2017, 7:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Ah well, shame none of you actually read any of my posts but just look for what you want to find in them.

Hopefully one day this site will have some threads about football which discuss the game rather than slag off fellow fans, players and staff

You seem to have ignored the countless replies stating why people haven`t attended.Also the point Moosey makes about free entry in all honesty I doubt it would have added more than about 50 kids to the other night`s attendance.The whole principle of this competition has been ignored by Harvey forgotten by the likes of Fenty who voted for it and even worse people like this idiot Wraith. Any Town fans who go back to 1998 will tell you what this competition should be about and why it was founded. It was so players and fans of lower league teams could get the chance to experience seeing their sides play at the National stadium in a cup competition.More and more good parts of the game are being lost by non football people trying to market influence a sea change when Town played Bournemouth in 98 it was for the players and fans of those 2 Clubs not for anyone else.That`s not misty eyed nostalgia that`s a fact and if that game was repeated this Season nothing would have changed millions of people in the Midlands wouldn't suddenly tune in because Shaun Harvey tells them to. Football died not long after the Premier League started and sadly far few people can see it.The National team nobody is interested just look at the withdrawals for games vs Germany and Brazil this week.The FA Cup most teams field weakened sides from the top 2 divisions it`s lost nearly all it`s prestige.League Cup worse still nobody is interested.Football RIP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 143
HertsGTFC
November 10, 2017, 8:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
What a silly situation, Steve is a decent bloke in my experience but like all "officials" in a one party state they become programmed to the direction of their "Dear Leader" and align to the leaders ideology.

At some point someone needs to step in take responsibility for PR and stop GTFC making tw@ts of themselves.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 143
gytone
November 10, 2017, 10:02am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 7
Do you know what. Dear GTFC, intercourse you  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 143
forza ivano
November 10, 2017, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I fully expect to get slagged off on here but here goes.

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

How about getting behind the team??

you're absolutely right LM - in long threads of maybe 100 posts there were at least 2 or 3 which could be construed as bullying in nature(let's just forget about the other 97% of posts)
those threads were probably read by a couple of hundred people at best, many of whom are exiles, and would be most unlikely to attend any midweek games. so let's say, at most, 200 - 250 gy based fans read the post. You are seriously arguing that all of those fans felt so intimidated that they feared going to BP, so didn't attend? And then what they spread the word and told 15 or 20 of their mates/relatives about how they could be in danger if they, too, went to a Checkatrade match?
as someone else said, give your head a non aggressive wobble.

There were no picket lines, there were no leaflets urging a boycott and having attended games and spoken to other fans i really can't remember any meaningful discussions taking place on checkatrade at matches

i think you may need a bit more to justify your argument than just a couple of aggressive posts on the Fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 143
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2017, 10:14am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Has Steve been turned into a Ring Wraith? A tool in the hands of the Dark Lord.

One Debt to Rule them all, One Debt to find them
One Debt to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In Humberston where the Shadows lie

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 143
Kris2
November 10, 2017, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Lol I'm sorry but how can anyone at that club talk about bullying? Everything that's happened with the Fishy has been the result of bullying and now we have no freedom to have our own opinions. The only way it's allowed to run or we are allowed to fan representation on the board is if they all fall in line. How many club fan forums demand your personal information just to sign up on request of the club?
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 143
1mickylyons
November 10, 2017, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from forza ivano

you're absolutely right LM - in long threads of maybe 100 posts there were at least 2 or 3 which could be construed as bullying in nature(let's just forget about the other 97% of posts)
those threads were probably read by a couple of hundred people at best, many of whom are exiles, and would be most unlikely to attend any midweek games. so let's say, at most, 200 - 250 gy based fans read the post. You are seriously arguing that all of those fans felt so intimidated that they feared going to BP, so didn't attend? And then what they spread the word and told 15 or 20 of their mates/relatives about how they could be in danger if they, too, went to a Checkatrade match?
as someone else said, give your head a non aggressive wobble.

There were no picket lines, there were no leaflets urging a boycott and having attended games and spoken to other fans i really can't remember any meaningful discussions taking place on checkatrade at matches

i think you may need a bit more to justify your argument than just a couple of aggressive posts on the Fishy

The two times Town have made it to the Final I don`t recall anyone getting overly excited til the Northern Final stage the League fixtures were always far more important to the fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 143
friskneymariner
November 10, 2017, 10:33am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
I have never known a club(except for our friends across the water) to constantly alienate its fan base,do you think this will have an effect next July when it is time to renew season tickets.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.