Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

We’re all bullies...

This thread currently has 22,867 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 9, 2017, 7:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Sad to see the contempt the club have for their supporters
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 143
Bigdog
November 9, 2017, 7:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Anyone left that still wants to be generous in spirit to JF on any matter?

It's clear to see where his priority lies. Not running the club for the fans, only running it for himself.

He's turning us into a tinpot joke club.

After Stevenage and now this latest Checkatrade farce, It's not even like it's a lack of respect, it's pure contempt..

The only guaranteed permanent fixture at any club is its fans, we'll just have to stay patient or do something about it.

Bearing in mind how he's engineered his position, maybe the benign loan should be renamed the "bully loan"

Pot and kettle..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
I fully expect to get slagged off on here but here goes.

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

How about getting behind the team??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from LH
Are we finally getting to the point where that noisy minority against the regime are becoming a majority? They’re properly taking the urine out of us now. Are the Trust going to mobilise the fans for a takeover (even a temporary one until a long term buyer can be found) yet or what?

Sack the board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43

For each match in this Cup, there has been a long thread on here with aggressive criticism of anyone who attends.  In one thread, fans wanting to watch were called scabs and this week snakes.  I would call that verbal bullying.

There is a gulf between fans and the club but I'd say it's a much caused by some fans as it is the club.  I always thought being a supporter meant giving support but there is very little support on here.  Just regular and often offensive criticism of players, manager, staff and Board.  It is incessant on here and a nastier atmosphere than when were getting relegated thru the leagues.  

Comments like that were in a very small minority. Do you think that stopped thousands attending?

Personally I'm not attending becuase I feel the competition is wrong and I'm angry that those at the club voted in favour of it. I'm a season ticket holder and have seen Town play at over 100 grounds, am I not a supporter becuase I don't agree with the completion and the way the club have ignored the majority of their fans?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 143
Swansea_Mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,431
Gold Stars: 63
Anyone who thinks almost 3000 people didn't turn up because of some comments on here is delusional.

PEOPLE DIDN'T GO BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO WATCH WHAT WAS ON OFFER.

The fact we are talking about 3k and not 4k is another issue for another thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 143
MuddyWaters
November 9, 2017, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
The sad thing is that Fenty probably thought it was a good idea for the bean counter to spout his rhetoric for him. Sorry, yet another chronic misjudgment, you really don't get it, do you? The fans have had enough excrement to last a lifetime.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 143
LH
November 9, 2017, 7:29pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172

Terrible WUM.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 143
LondonMariner43
November 9, 2017, 7:35pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
It's delusional to think that 3k or 4K stayed at home but maybe 1-2k and some of those may be due to posts on here.

Only 2k fans turned up for the testimonial game for one of most loyal and loved players so even without any campaign against it, it's unlikely more than 1.5k would have turned up.  How many did we ever get for the initial games in the Johnson Paint Trophy?

So no I am not delusional.  And I didn't say posters on here influenced everyone to stay away.  I just said I'd read plenty of posts on here that were very clearly verbal bullying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 143
headingly_mariner
November 9, 2017, 7:43pm

Vodka Drinker
It's delusional to think that 3k or 4K stayed at home but maybe 1-2k and some of those may be due to posts on here.

Only 2k fans turned up for the testimonial game for one of most loyal and loved players so even without any campaign against it, it's unlikely more than 1.5k would have turned up.  How many did we ever get for the initial games in the Johnson Paint Trophy?

So no I am not delusional.  And I didn't say posters on here influenced everyone to stay away.  I just said I'd read plenty of posts on here that were very clearly verbal bullying.

How do you explain the attendance away at Scunny? If the competition wasn't being boycotted we'd have sold out the away end. We've filled the away end there for Lincs cup games.

It's wrenching to stay away from local derbies. Can you just not accept that the overwhelming majority are staying away because they don't agree with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › We’re all bullies...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.