8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TAGG
October 25, 2017, 11:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Been on their forum and Stevenage fans think we are a bunch of male masturbators and it never happened.
Dickheads

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
promotion plaice
October 25, 2017, 11:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from TAGG
Been on their forum and Stevenage fans think we are a bunch of male masturbators and it never happened.
Dickheads

You did well to understand it...... read it.....them type of forums baffle me.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
EY Mariner
October 25, 2017, 11:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
First of all, may I commend Paul for the excellent and professional manner in which he represented not just the Trust but all Town fans in his interview on Sky this evening. It was a stark contrast to the complete lack of professionalism and courtesy we have encountered ever since this whole sorry saga began.

While the cynic in me is not surprised by the announcement today, that doesn't stop me being incredibly angry about it. We may not have enjoyed our time as a non-league club that much but the one thing I did enjoy, and miss even more so now, is how we, as away fans, were made welcome at so many of the clubs we visited. I would far rather visit one of the non-league clubs in that locality than go anywhere Stevenage again next season or any other season.

What this announcement shows is that when fans are mistreated as we were, the EFL hasn't got the guts to do what is right. Like the FA, it is unfit to run a drinking session in a brewery, let alone our national sport.

I understand complaints are going to be submitted to the IFO against Stevenage and, I would hope, against the EFL too. I am prepared to take that action as an individual too, but I think a collective action in the name of the Trust would carry more weight. One thing is for sure - this isn't over yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
1mickylyons
October 26, 2017, 7:46am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Seeing how things tend to go and this clearly being a whitewash I hope the Trust pursue this via  MP`S .The Aluko case last week and the disgust shown from MP`S in the handling of it by the FA will probably ensure a thorough investigation takes place regarding mistreatment of our fans. Aluko only got believed after 3 investigations so it`s still early days for us.I hope Fenty sends a letter to Stevenage telling them there Directors and officials will have to go in the away end at BP or better still refuse entry on safety grounds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
Cloudy
October 26, 2017, 8:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from TAGG
Dickheads

Am I the only one who thinks the EFL believe the same?
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
bax
October 26, 2017, 8:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Stevenages MP didn’t even give us the courtesy of an acknowledgement when we approached him. Couldn’t care less.

Melanie Onn has been excellent and has already been in touch again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
newarkmariner
October 26, 2017, 8:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
I am not shocked at this whitewash at all, even while sending in my statements I had the gut feeling I was wasting my time because as football supporters we are nothing more than scum to some people .For me the EFL only care about money and if your not in the championship you don't exist and have no problem with stabbing supporters in the back, SHAME ON YOU EFL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
Kristine
October 26, 2017, 9:16am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Gaffer58
I wonder what Kristine's official (club statement) opinion and off the record opinion are?

I'm officially disappointed and off the record I'm disappointed after the huge number of hours everybody spent on it, I personally couldn't have done anymore in that investigation.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
Cloudy
October 26, 2017, 10:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Has there been any admission, either from Stevenage or the FL, that the alleged incidents actually took place?

From a distance ( I wasnt at this game) it seems to me that they havent found any proof, be it CCTV footage or confirmation from stewards/police, that the 'reveal your bra's' actually took place?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
Ipswin
October 26, 2017, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I think we need to decide exactly what we wanted to come out of this.

Nothing can erase the shock, embarrassment, feeling of being assaulted that the female Town supporters endured that day but Stevenage were never going to admit their stewards went too far in fact they were unlikely to even admit it happened and the EFL weren't going to take action.

What exactly did we want to happen anyway? Stevenage to sack all their stewards? Stevenage to sack whoever in the club directed the stewards to take this course of action? The EFL to dock them points? The EFL to fine them?

Leaving aside the bandwaggon jumpers and nutters on here who wanted executions, a simple admission and apology is probably all our ladies were ever going to get and whilst that would been nice would it ever have been enough?

As it stands I think Stevenage FC has suffered very serious damage anyway thanks to the campaign waged on here, by the club through Kristine and in the national press in particular the Guardian. There cannot be a club in the lower (real) reaches of the EFL not aware and whose supporters will in some way, by boycotting, p!ss taking, publicising or whatever, ensure Stevenage FC suffer and never forget the incidents.

Not what the victims wanted perhaps but nevertheless a result of sorts and I reckon the stewarding at Stevenage will see a distinct improvement in attitude and politeness to all club's visiting fans in future

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Whitewash - Bragate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.