8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
LeeVanCleef
October 26, 2017, 10:22am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +180
Quoted from EY Mariner
First of all, may I commend Paul for the excellent and professional manner in which he represented not just the Trust but all Town fans in his interview on Sky this evening. It was a stark contrast to the complete lack of professionalism and courtesy we have encountered ever since this whole sorry saga began.

While the cynic in me is not surprised by the announcement today, that doesn't stop me being incredibly angry about it. We may not enjoyed our time as a non-league club that much but the one thing I did enjoy, and miss even more so now, is how we, as away fans, were made welcome at so many of the clubs we visited. I would far rather visit one of the non-league clubs in that locality than go anywhere Stevenage again next season or any other season.

What this announcement shows is that when fans are mistreated as we were, the EFL hasn't got the guts to do what is right. Like the FA, it is unfit to run a drinking session in a brewery, let alone our national sport.

I understand complaints are going to be submitted to the IFO against Stevenage and, I would hope, against the EFL too. I am prepared to take that action as an individual too, but I think a collective action in the name of the Trust would carry more weight. One thing is for sure - this isn't over yet.

Now that's a good idea.

When we play Stevenage away next season, we should instead go on mass to the closest game geographically speaking to whoever is playing in the National League that day, and boost their support for the day and also their match income.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
bax
October 26, 2017, 10:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
For the record, speaking as the Vice Chair of the Trust, I really do hope the club comes out and supports the fans on this. And I think for every minute that ticks by with silence, they are making a huge mistake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
Kristine
October 26, 2017, 10:30am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Ipswin
I think we need to decide exactly what we wanted to come out of this.

Nothing can erase the shock, embarrassment, feeling of being assaulted that the female Town supporters endured that day but Stevenage were never going to admit their stewards went too far in fact they were unlikely to even admit it happened and the EFL weren't going to take action.

What exactly did we want to happen anyway? Stevenage to sack all their stewards? Stevenage to sack whoever in the club directed the stewards to take this course of action? The EFL to dock them points? The EFL to fine them?

Leaving aside the bandwaggon jumpers and nutters on here who wanted executions, a simple admission and apology is probably all our ladies were ever going to get and whilst that would been nice would it ever have been enough?

As it stands I think Stevenage FC has suffered very serious damage anyway thanks to the campaign waged on here, by the club through Kristine and in the national press in particular the Guardian. There cannot be a club in the lower (real) reaches of the EFL not aware and whose supporters will in some way, by boycotting, p!ss taking, publicising or whatever, ensure Stevenage FC suffer and never forget the incidents.

Not what the victims wanted perhaps but nevertheless a result of sorts and I reckon the stewarding at Stevenage will see a distinct improvement in attitude and politeness to all club's visiting fans in future

There was an immediate improvement of stewarding as Lincoln fans who visited the very next game there will testify.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
Bigdog
October 26, 2017, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin
I think we need to decide exactly what we wanted to come out of this.

Nothing can erase the shock, embarrassment, feeling of being assaulted that the female Town supporters endured that day but Stevenage were never going to admit their stewards went too far in fact they were unlikely to even admit it happened and the EFL weren't going to take action

Leaving aside the bandwaggon jumpers and nutters on here who wanted executions, a simple admission and apology is probably all our ladies were ever going to get and whilst that would been nice would it ever have been enough?

As it stands I think Stevenage FC has suffered very serious damage anyway thanks to the campaign waged on here, by the club through Kristine and in the national press in particular the Guardian. There cannot be a club in the lower (real) reaches of the EFL not aware and whose supporters will in some way, by boycotting, p!ss taking, publicising or whatever, ensure Stevenage FC suffer and never forget the incidents.

Not what the victims wanted perhaps but nevertheless a result of sorts and I reckon the stewarding at Stevenage will see a distinct improvement in attitude and politeness to all club's visiting fans in future

The issue has moved on from just Stevenage FC and should be firmly directed at the very governance of our game. It's not a one-off. The FA with Aluko and now this from the EFL. I'd like to see Harvey and his cronies dragged in front of a Commons Select Committee a la the FA a few weeks ago.

This should not be the end, it should be the start of a secondary process. we gave the EFL chance to act and they've ducked the question. If Stevenage as a club continue to get dragged through the mud along the way, then great, as we've not heard a peep of contrition over the matter from them.

The EFL and Stevenage have showed contempt for the female and young supporters of our club. We shouldn't just shrug our shoulders and let them be treated in that way. If it stops now it gives credence to the idiots who are making out that it was just a made up story.

Time for our non-chairman and MP to step up and take this forward as I'm sure the Trust are more than willing to fight to expose the truth..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
cmackenzie4
October 26, 2017, 10:55am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from TAGG
Been on their forum and Stevenage fans think we are a bunch of male masturbators and it never happened.
Dickheads

Town fans definitely need to boycott this ground, I’ll never step foot in it again, let’s hope other fans from other teams follow suit.👎

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
Mariner Ronnie
October 26, 2017, 11:00am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Town fans definitely need to boycott this ground, I’ll never step foot in it again, let’s hope other fans from other teams follow suit.👎

Already on the list.

1. Stevenage
2. Forest Green
3. Cheltenham (though people who went the other day said it has improved, is this the case?)

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
Cloudy
October 26, 2017, 11:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from bax
For the record, speaking as the Vice Chair of the Trust, I really do hope the club comes out and supports the fans on this. And I think for every minute that ticks by with silence, they are making a huge mistake.

No great surprise though Bax is it?

The announcement from EFL states after consultation with both clubs. GTFC are aware of the investigation and its findings but as ever the fans (& IMO, The Trust) are being treated like a pimple on the clubs backside
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
SteveHessle
October 26, 2017, 11:05am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +32
I understand that the response from the EFL was requested by both Hollywood & the FBI.
Apparently, Harvey Weinstein was disguised as a Stevenage Steward at the game. Any comment from the'paragons of justice' in the EFL would jeopardise investigations on the other side of the Atlantic !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
Vance Warner
October 26, 2017, 11:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +18 / -5
Approval: +2,772
Gold Stars: 99
Quoted from Cloudy

No great surprise though Bax is it?

The announcement from EFL states after consultation with both clubs. GTFC are aware of the investigation and its findings but as ever the fans (& IMO, The Trust) are being treated like a pimple on the clubs backside

Don't forget what was said in the Stevenage statement:

After liaising with Grimsby Town’s safety officer, the police and others, it was indicated that prohibited items were likely to try to be brought into the grounds and could be passed onto those deemed less likely to be searched, such as women and younger supporters.

This resulted in a joint club and police decision to implement a full, 100% compliant, searching regime as part of the condition of entry.

Grimsby Town’s Supporter Liason Officer was made fully aware of the nature of the search regime prior to the game, to ensure all attending were aware and could allow sufficient time to access the stadium.

I really hope that a massive over reaction from an alleged incident involving a tampon last season hasn't resulted in this. Official statement needed asap.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
Kristine
October 26, 2017, 11:38am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Vance Warner

Don't forget what was said in the Stevenage statement:

After liaising with Grimsby Town’s safety officer, the police and others, it was indicated that prohibited items were likely to try to be brought into the grounds and could be passed onto those deemed less likely to be searched, such as women and younger supporters.

This resulted in a joint club and police decision to implement a full, 100% compliant, searching regime as part of the condition of entry.

Grimsby Town’s Supporter Liason Officer was made fully aware of the nature of the search regime prior to the game, to ensure all attending were aware and could allow sufficient time to access the stadium.

I really hope that a massive over reaction from an alleged incident involving a tampon last season hasn't resulted in this. Official statement needed asap.

Yet it all turned out to be not factual......  As far as I am aware no previous incidents such as that were part of this investigation.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Whitewash - Bragate

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.