Grim74
August 19, 2017, 3:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91

I don't know where you learned maths but a majority has to be over 50%. So according to this article: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/738852/British-Muslims-Sharia-Law-enforced-UK-Islam-poll 43% of British Muslims want some aspects of Sharia Law to replace some aspects of UK law. Of which only 16% said they strongly supported that view. But yeah, clearly a majority and they're wanting to dominate us.

You've excelled yourself on this thread mariner 😄

Let's do the maths together - 43% in favour
                                             - 22% against
                                             -35% don't know / unsure

Now then have a little think about it confer with your Chinese and Pakistani friends if you must, and then tell me which is the biggest majority share when you have the correct answer 🙄

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 85
mariner91
August 19, 2017, 7:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Grim74

You've excelled yourself on this thread mariner 😄

Let's do the maths together - 43% in favour
                                             - 22% against
                                             -35% don't know / unsure

Now then have a little think about it confer with your Chinese and Pakistani friends if you must, and then tell me which is the biggest majority share when you have the correct answer 🙄

You're really quite thick aren't you? If you think that 43% is a majority then I suggest you go back to school. Let's do the maths together shall we:
- 43% in favour.
- 22% + 35% = 57% people who did not say they were in favour.

Now then have a little think about it, confer with your all white and, no doubt, equally as bigoted friends if you must, and then tell me which is the biggest majority share.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 85
KingstonMariner
August 19, 2017, 9:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Grim74

I think it's pretty obvious to even the most basic educated of people that I'm referring to our recent history i.e. In living memory,  not much point in going back to the crusades now is there!

So all the previous 1500 years of history between Muslims and Christians and Jews has no relevance? Not even as recent as the 1980s and 1990s?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 85
Grim74
August 19, 2017, 10:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

You're really quite thick aren't you? If you think that 43% is a majority then I suggest you go back to school. Let's do the maths together shall we:
- 43% in favour.
- 22% + 35% = 57% people who did not say they were in favour.

Now then have a little think about it, confer with your all white and, no doubt, equally as bigoted friends if you must, and then tell me which is the biggest majority share.

So on that basis 43% + 35% = 78% people who did say they were in favour what a 🤡 You are.

How do you think elections are won?

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 85
mariner91
August 19, 2017, 10:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Grim74

So on that basis 43% + 35% = 78% people who did say they were in favour what a 🤡 You are.

How do you think elections are won?

In this country elections are won on the majority of seats, not the majority of votes. In the first past the post system you need more than 50% of the seats to have a majority. Not having more than 50% means you do not have a majority, as evidenced in June when the Tories won just short of 50% and therefore had to get the DUP involved in order to get a majority. Now I know politics is not your strongpoint but I would have thought that even you would understood how an election works.

Your statement above is fundamentally wrong. It's quite obvious that you don't really understand how polls or percentages work which is quite shocking for what I presume is a fully grown man, well, not much of a man if he's too afraid to venture into a major city. Anyway, you are trying to say that the majority said they wanted sharia law. So in your example, you can only count the people who actually explicitly said that. Anybody who said anything different (either they didn't or they were unsure) can now be grouped together into a group who did not say that. That group is the majority as there is more of them than there are people who said they wanted it. Note, I did not say "the people who said they did not want Sharia Law are in the majority", I said that the people who did not say they wanted Sharia Law are in the majority. It is a subtle difference but an important one and unfortunately I fear  that it may be lost on someone with your linguistic intelligence.

I'll help you out. Had you said "in a poll, more Muslims said that they would want Sharia law in the UK than said they would not want Sharia law in the UK" then that would be correct but you are incorrect in saying that a majority said they wanted it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 85
grimsby pete
August 19, 2017, 10:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I wouldn't bet on it. IRA-Sinn Fein did alright. Don't get me wrong, we should go all out to win, but these campaigns are well calibrated to achieve their ends. Don't underestimate the enemy.

They will only win if we all stay at home and not go out,

I remember when we went to USA just after 9/11 and the Americans said to us wherever we went, " thank you for coming "

Which I replied  " well if we didn't the terrorists would have won "

We will not let them win KM the rest of the world will not let them.

All the people marching down the street in Barcelona singing " we are not afraid " shows the will of the people.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 85
Rodley Mariner
August 19, 2017, 1:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
43% used to be a majority before them immigants changed it all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 85
Grim74
August 19, 2017, 2:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

In this country elections are won on the majority of seats, not the majority of votes. In the first past the post system you need more than 50% of the seats to have a majority. Not having more than 50% means you do not have a majority, as evidenced in June when the Tories won just short of 50% and therefore had to get the DUP involved in order to get a majority. Now I know politics is not your strongpoint but I would have thought that even you would understood how an election works.

Your statement above is fundamentally wrong. It's quite obvious that you don't really understand how polls or percentages work which is quite shocking for what I presume is a fully grown man, well, not much of a man if he's too afraid to venture into a major city. Anyway, you are trying to say that the majority said they wanted sharia law. So in your example, you can only count the people who actually explicitly said that. Anybody who said anything different (either they didn't or they were unsure) can now be grouped together into a group who did not say that. That group is the majority as there is more of them than there are people who said they wanted it. Note, I did not say "the people who said they did not want Sharia Law are in the majority", I said that the people who did not say they wanted Sharia Law are in the majority. It is a subtle difference but an important one and unfortunately I fear  that it may be lost on someone with your linguistic intelligence.

I'll help you out. Had you said "in a poll, more Muslims said that they would want Sharia law in the UK than said they would not want Sharia law in the UK" then that would be correct but you are incorrect in saying that a majority said they wanted it.

Your still not grasping the concept of majority just to simplify as I know you are slow think of a pie chart now now which figure has the largest majority and it can only be one!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 85
Rodley Mariner
August 19, 2017, 3:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grim74

Your still not grasping the concept of majority just to simplify as I know you are slow think of a pie chart now now which figure has the largest majority and it can only be one!!!

Every post of yours claiming that 43% is a majority makes you seem more of a moron. Think of a pie chart - is more than half of it in one bit? If so it is a majority. Would 43% be more than half of the pie chart? No. Is 43% a majority? Is it intercourse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 85
Grim74
August 19, 2017, 3:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Every post of yours claiming that 43% is a majority makes you seem more of a moron. Think of a pie chart - is more than half of it in one bit? If so it is a majority. Would 43% be more than half of the pie chart? No. Is 43% a majority? Is it intercourse.

if two thirds where put together there would obviouslybe more than 50% but as per the survey only two shares where taken 43% for yes and 22% for no! so one must be bigger majority than the other all be it a small minority. Unless your saying majority is exclusively over 50%

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bacelona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.