12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantley
July 15, 2017, 3:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Kamal couldn't tackle to save his life, gave a foul away almost every time. Looked tidied but didn't really use the ball well barring the through ball for Jones. No for me.

Dixon reminded me of a better version of Gregor Robertson. I'd sign him.

Robinson and Caldwell weren't on long but I liked what I saw. Would need a bit more time to decide on them.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 117
Grantley
July 15, 2017, 3:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,504
Gold Stars: 9
Also, Dembele is awesome- give him another year NOW.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 117
grimsby pete
July 15, 2017, 3:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,835
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
I said on Thursday that as technically gifted as Kamal is, i don't know if he has the type of game for the cut and thrust of League 2.

What about Dixon Ginny is he worth a deal ?

It would make our back 4 the oldest I can remember,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 117
oldun
July 15, 2017, 3:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Macca dieverything he had to do fine
Mills had a very good game
Clarke was a stand out defender
Collins steady as usual
Dixon, just OK for me no major errors and grew into the game
Kelly, I can't fathom him out went missing lots of times
Moroccan lad, good when he has time on the ball but not for me in league 2
Berrett was Berrett
Dembele such a talent pace, ball control and finishing. He is small but if he is not clogged to death he will be exciting
Jones, don't think he was fully fit and missed a sitter after a lovely move.
Vernon did his thing worked very hard on his own up top
Subs: lost track of them really but Tombola looked sharp, trilaist Robinson worked hard and scored but I personally prefer the look of Harry Cardwell seems to have a bit of everything and set up the winner.
Overall the shape was a bit confusing as players were tried in different positions however we gave a good account of ourselves against a Barnsley side that moved the ball well but lacked a cutting edge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 117
newarkmariner
July 15, 2017, 3:16pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Kamal head and shoulders above everyone on Thursday and we get its only scunny boys, today he was ok against a CHAMPIONSHIP side!!!!!!! and people saying wouldn't sign him,its barely fair on the guy,imagine if we had lost and it was his fault, doesn't bare thinking about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 117
barralad
July 15, 2017, 3:23pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from newarkmariner
Kamal head and shoulders above everyone on Thursday and we get its only scunny boys, today he was ok against a CHAMPIONSHIP side!!!!!!! and people saying wouldn't sign him,its barely fair on the guy,imagine if we had lost and it was his fault, doesn't bare thinking about

Tend to agree with this. Barnsley counter attacked with speed and it wasn't only Kamal who got caught out. If Town as a team have to deal with that sort of pace week in week out it will be a long season but it's League 2 so that is highly unlikely.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 117
promotion plaice
July 15, 2017, 3:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from BeijingMariner
770 Barnsley fans! well done indeed

And the total gate was about 1,900 or about, they obviously are not very good at maths in Barnsley.

The Barnsley forum..........

fitzytyke2, 23 minutes ago #5

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Great following today ,above 50% of the attendance ,
I know that doesn't mean much in sense of actual numbers but it hopefully had a good sense of the enthusiasm of the fans on the new lads.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 117
BeijingMariner
July 15, 2017, 3:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

And the total gate was about 1,900 or about, they obviously are not very good at maths in Barnsley.

The Barnsley forum..........

fitzytyke2, 23 minutes ago #5

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
Great following today ,above 50% of the attendance ,
I know that doesn't mean much in sense of actual numbers but it hopefully had a good sense of the enthusiasm of the fans on the new lads.

bless
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 77 - 117
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 15, 2017, 3:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from barralad

Tend to agree with this. Barnsley counter attacked with speed and it wasn't only Kamal who got caught out. If Town as a team have to deal with that sort of pace week in week out it will be a long season but it's League 2 so that is highly unlikely.

That seems like a good bit of common sense Barra.

The bloke has only just arrived, played a bit for Gillingham but not much. Played for us 48 hours ago and is expected to dominate midfield against a championship side. I doubt if he is anywhere near the fitness Slade would like and I doubt he is on the pace of English football yet. I have only seen him on video but maybe he has enough class to be worth a short contract.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 117
oldun
July 15, 2017, 3:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
we cannot have both Cardwell and Robinson bearing in mind Asante is to come back at some stage. From what I have seen, Cardwell for, but time will. Both look better than last year loanee strikers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town vs Barnsley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.