jonnyboy82
July 16, 2017, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from arryarryarry

Does he actually get that much abuse, I don't really rate him, but that's not abusing him.

That's the fishy though , if you don't rate a player then some on here like to use the  "abuse" chestnut.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 117
MuddyWaters
July 16, 2017, 4:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82

That's the fishy though , if you don't rate a player then some on here like to use the  "abuse" chestnut.

I said 'this anti-Berrett thing' - I didn't accuse anyone of abusing him. I'd just like to see our best midfield playing in their best positions, if that means James Berrett gets a start then I hope everyone gets behind him and don't moan every time he misplaces a pass.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 117
Garth
July 16, 2017, 5:17pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Hertsmariner
Quite enjoyed that-and I thought all the trialists did well.
Whilst Al-Haj's hairdo draws the eye anyway, I thought he protected the back four pretty well, and not least because of his good eye for the first time pass to relieve the pressure, plus that fantastic dinked pass to set up Jones for the one-on-one, which he duly fluffed! That was the pass of the match for me! Yes, he did get caught in possession once or twice in tight situations, even though not in dangerous areas. One or two fouls close to the 18 yard line would probably have picked up a booking in a league game but some of the Barnsley players were mighty quick to get away at times and needed to be stopped-one way or another!. (It's called 'taking one for the team' I suppose).
Thought Dixon also did well-another Mr Reliable-and generally blocked the supply line from the right. Also got down the line in overlap mode a few times. He can also enact a decent throw-in! Pleased to hear RS seems willing to offer him a contract.
Whilst both Robinson and Cardwell only made brief appearances, I thought both looked very useful. Cardwell had the edge over Vernon for me, posing more of a physical threat, though I suppose Vernon was more isolated in that first half. I also thought Robinson was tenacious, held his balance and possession well against some pretty determined challenges, and worked well alongside Yussuf.

But no review would be complete without a mention of 'Streaky' Dembele-what a talent he is! He seemed to be everywhere that mattered. There are no lost causes for him-a real joy to watch! I just hope he can survive the 'cloggers' he'll come up against in L2.

I think we tend to forget when we criticise players preseason is that they are still trying to build up match fitness as well as trying to impress,  things like late/poor tackles would probably be eradicated somewhat in three weeks time, same with Sam Jones one on one with the cobwebs off he would have scored nine times out of ten.
If I was Slade I would persevere with Al-Haj a little longer because I suspect at our level he will be an exciting player to have in the squad, If we have to sacrifice other not so skillful midfielders so be it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 117
OllieGTFC
July 16, 2017, 6:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
None performance related post but them dugout huts look quite smart looks room for everyone on there now

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 117
jamesgtfc
July 16, 2017, 6:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from OllieGTFC
None performance related post but them dugout huts look quite smart looks room for everyone on there now

I wonder if these were arranged whilst Bignot was here so he didn't have to talk to Gary "I'll put the cones out'" Whild and Micky Moore up in the stands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 117
promotion plaice
July 16, 2017, 6:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 201
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Yeah, hopefully they will be relocated at PP in the not too distant future.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 117
Maringer
July 16, 2017, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Oh, I've never thrown any abuse the way of Berrett (or any other player, for that matter). I just don't think he's very good. Amazed he played quite a few games at League One level, truth be told, as he's always looked like a player who you would find at a struggling League Two side (as he was at York). Perhaps he's just lost his mojo in recent years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 117
KingstonMariner
July 16, 2017, 8:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Was reassured by those highlights. Great pass by Josh MkII to put Jones through. Vernon looks to be coming into his own as a latter-day Lump. Robinson did well to extend his Inspector Gadget leg out to get that rebound. And Dembele....well!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 117
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town vs Barnsley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.